You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chinese Chip Shops In Liverpool

Anubis

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who remembers Openshaws would never have said that...

Is that the Openshaws on Rice Lane by Walton Hospital , SC ?

Remember some of my happiest childhood memories watching John making the chips with the old-fashioned hand chipper , knowing that I would soon be luxuriating in the best fish & chips ever served to man. ( Or Johns thumb )

At the other end of the spectrum is 'Poison Petes' in West Derby Village.

Remember some of my happiest childhood memories watching John making the chips with the old-fashioned hand chipper , knowing that I would soon be luxuriating in the best fish & chips ever served to man. ( Or Johns thumb )

I once had to stay off work for a week from food poisoning after a got a portion of salt and pepper chicken wings from Poison Petes. Horrible, horrible place.

I once had to stay off work for a week from food poisoning after a got a portion of salt and pepper chicken wings from Poison Petes. Horrible, horrible place.

Had exactly the same experience soon after moving to West Derby & never darkened it's doors since. It only gets away with it because 90% of its customers are pissed coming out of the Sefton , Hare & Hounds or a pre-fire Barrys.

ps Keep meaning to ask . what is the Mike Honcho thing. Is it from a film ?

Had exactly the same experience soon after moving to West Derby & never darkened it's doors since. It only gets away with it because 90% of its customers are pissed coming out of the Sefton , Hare & Hounds or a pre-fire Barrys.

ps Keep meaning to ask . what is the Mike Honcho thing. Is it from a film ?

Yeah, it's from Talladega Nights.

[YOUTUBE]cwFqZPg9d8k[/YOUTUBE]

I hate you all, my treat is a savoury cake when i go to a sporting event or visit mates up there, im not even overly fussy where they are from, they are all seem to taste delightful.

I've not come across a chip shop anywhere near here that does them.

You can fuck that savoury cake bollocks off now. They're FISHCAKES woman! FISHCAKES! Yes, I know they're made of potato, but they are still called FISHCAKES!! They are only on the board as savoury cakes because of the food labelling and naming regulations or some such shit. FISHCAKES!!!

You can fuck that savoury cake bollocks off now. They're FISHCAKES woman! FISHCAKES! Yes, I know they're made of potato, but they are still called FISHCAKES!! They are only on the board as savoury cakes because of the food labelling and naming regulations or some such shit. FISHCAKES!!!

Damn straight. I have never, nor will I ever, ask for a bastard savoury cake. There may be absolutely no fish in it, but it will always be known as a fishcake!

Certainly is kid. The range in there was taken by Liverpool Museums as it was a victorian mosaic range, it was in the large objects store as a prime example of engineering and artistic excellence..... and people have the nerve to call them "sit" [sic] :D

Damn straight. I have never, nor will I ever, ask for a bastard savoury cake. There may be absolutely no fish in it, but it will always be known as a fishcake!

I was in Loughbrough for some unknown reason at one point, and asked a woman in a chippy for a fishcake, she looked at me like I had two heads and said, "oi dont fink we got them hun, you wanna pukka pie?....".

I live in N.Ireland now, and no-one knows what a fishcake is. I needs a fishcake. Either that or a kebab burger from the Solon on Lisburn Lane with Chili and Tahini.....