Quantcast
Chinese Chip Shops In Liverpool - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Chinese Chip Shops In Liverpool

Does anyone know why some of them are closed on a Monday? I've noticed it for a while now and I can't fathom why. Is it just a night off? Is it religious? Is it considered unlucky to open on a Monday? Is it Feng Shui?

Anyone?

Just go to the Lobster pot - can't beat it.

Imagine my shock and surprise at arriving back in Liverpool to discover a new and bigger Lobster Pot facing the Met Quarter. I was going to get something but the place was rammed and I was in a rush.

Aren't there shitloads of Triads in Canada? I think that's class.

You need to stop watching The Fast and the Furious everytime it comes on the telly. There are loads of Chinese people here though yea. It's an event if you spot a white person in my neighbourhood. We call everyone out and gather round and celebrate.

Bruce Lee's haircut is boss!

Bruce Lee is just boss full stop. A clone army of Bruce Lees would be my answer to anti-social behaviour in this country, Bruce Lees on motorbikes and carrying gold star-shaped weaponwy.

I'd love there to be a religious or cultural significance about Monday night , but I think it is just usually the quietest night financially & they need to close at least one night a week for a break.

Just like to say that the chippys over here are shite. People bang on about the Lobster Pot being the best thing since sliced bread. It's a dirty shithole and the food is awful. The chip shops back home are the best around.

Just like to say that the chippys over here are shite. People bang on about the Lobster Pot being the best thing since sliced bread. It's a dirty shithole and the food is awful. The chip shops back home are the best around.

We easily have the best chippy's / chinese take aways.

I think it's the biggest reason why our country is full of fat people.

The chippy on the way up to Anfield from the supporters club is absolutely amazing.

I know the one you're talking about (on the right hand side shortly after you turn the corner). It's alright actualy. Does a nice gravy chip.

The best chippy I know of in Liverpool, is actually in Dovecot of all places!

The general rule of thumb, is the rougher the chippy looks, the nicer the food will be.

The best chippy I know of in Liverpool, is actually in Dovecot of all places!

The general rule of thumb, is the rougher the chippy looks, the nicer the food will be.

Speak to me Alex, you can't keep this kind of information from me!

I've never noticed them to be shut on Monday's mate, but if anything, I would imagine it what Sir Roger said, about them needing to be shut one day a week.

Speak to me Alex, you can't keep this kind of information from me!

Dunno where it is like, as we only ever wing the wong number, and get a derivery! I'll ask me Ma tomorrow for you though.

My dad is convinced that chip shops in Liverpool are becoming increasingly shit, he reckons they make a name for themselves as a good chippy and then let standards fall. His theory holds up, at least by mine, I can think of a few chippys that have went down the pan.

I hate all these new pizza places popping up, selling a burger, chips and a can for £3. They are fucking woeful. You see them everywhere, open till all hours.

My dad is convinced that chip shops in Liverpool are becoming increasingly shit, he reckons they make a name for themselves as a good chippy and then let standards fall. His theory holds up, at least by mine, I can think of a few chippys that have went down the pan.

I hate all these new pizza places popping up, selling a burger, chips and a can for £3. They are fucking woeful. You see them everywhere, open till all hours.

Apparently, loads of Chinese owned chippies change their chefs on a frequent basis, fuck knows why like. But obviously if you go from having Ken Hom cooking your scran, to Stephen Hawking, then everything is going to go to shit. It is hard to find a consistently good chippy nowadays though.