You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

because sometimes the Xabi thread just isn't enough...

Yeah I know, but hear me out.

Who was the best player to come to Anfield last season? A player who showed work rate, desire, skill, vision, team work and an eye for goal? A player who proved even throughout that game he was just a natural footballer who was dangerous wherever he got the ball?

I have heard about the problems and they are serious, but given that this lad was being touted at prices upwards of 12m and you could probably get him for half that now at least I reckon he could be worth talking to at least. Apparently Pana are looking to take him on loan!

When he was happy and on form he was as good as anyone in the league and he tore us apart like nothing I can remember in an average side.

He fits our criteria perfectly as people are hardly knocking down his door and he realises he has to prove himself and watch his attitude so I reckon he would be willing to play either wing in the 3 or up top when Torres is out.

He is a better option for me than Tevez and the only thing Tevez has over him is his attitude OFF the field.

He is 26 years old now so surely he realises that he needs to grow out of stupid things like missing training.

I'd take the punt personally if I sat down with him and told him exactly what would be expected from him from the start.

Ferguson has made a habbit of taking "bad boys" and settling them down and getting the best out of them.

Could Rafa do the same?

Zaki for the first half of the season was probably best forward in the league.

Just one last question, I've noticed he isn't playing for Egypt anymore either. Why is that?

Surely if the only problem was him returning from national side games and he is no longer playing for his national side, there is no problem?

He wanted to go back to Wigan, imagine how he would jump at a chance to play for us!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I was his biggest fan earlier on in the season, but he's acted like a total whopper and I expect players attitude aswell as their ability, to be top class.

People make mistakes, attitudes change.

The point is what you might get if you spoke to the lad and outlined how big a chance this was for him could be worth it.

Apparently he stayed at home because he was injured and homesick and has since apologised admitting it was a stupid thing to do.

The point is what you might get if you spoke to the lad and outlined how big a chance this was for him could be worth it.

Apparently he stayed at home because he was injured and homesick and has since apologised admitting it was a stupid thing to do.

I'd take him on a free as it's low risk, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the top of a list of possible targets.

He did it on more than onoccasion though, and if he was injured shouldnt he be returning to his club to assessed by their doctor? I just dont think its a risk worth taking. He will cost quite a few million, im not sure we can sign someone for that amount of money and then have to hope they change their attitude.

He's the Egypitian Mido.

I realise that is ironic but he is nothing like Mido.

Mido doesn't have anything like the same attitude on the pitch, he attacks/threatens team mates and has a proper evil streak.

Zaki did one stupid thing after getting on well with everyone at the club and playing out of skin.

Wigan won't be seen to be treated like that but that is no reason why we shouldn't take the chance laying out clearly what we expect from him.

If he goes AWOL again that is it for him, especially at a club like Liverpool.

I'd take him on a free as it's low risk, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the top of a list of possible targets.

And you would get him on a free in the form of a loan.

What risk is he to loan for 1 year and pay his wages on the condition he doesn't go AWOL.

It could be a touch of genius.

because sometimes the Xabi thread just isn't enough...

Yeah I know, but hear me out.

Who was the best player to come to Anfield last season? A player who showed work rate, desire, skill, vision, team work and an eye for goal? A player who proved even throughout that game he was just a natural footballer who was dangerous wherever he got the ball?

I have heard about the problems and they are serious, but given that this lad was being touted at prices upwards of 12m and you could probably get him for half that now at least I reckon he could be worth talking to at least. Apparently Pana are looking to take him on loan!

When he was happy and on form he was as good as anyone in the league and he tore us apart like nothing I can remember in an average side.

He fits our criteria perfectly as people are hardly knocking down his door and he realises he has to prove himself and watch his attitude so I reckon he would be willing to play either wing in the 3 or up top when Torres is out.

He is a better option for me than Tevez and the only thing Tevez has over him is his attitude OFF the field.

He is 26 years old now so surely he realises that he needs to grow out of stupid things like missing training.

I'd take the punt personally if I sat down with him and told him exactly what would be expected from him from the start.

Ferguson has made a habbit of taking "bad boys" and settling them down and getting the best out of them.

Could Rafa do the same?

Zaki for the first half of the season was probably best forward in the league.

Just one last question, I've noticed he isn't playing for Egypt anymore either. Why is that?

Surely if the only problem was him returning from national side games and he is no longer playing for his national side, there is no problem?

He wanted to go back to Wigan, imagine how he would jump at a chance to play for us!

What did you used to do with your time before you found this place to post your fucking shite on?