You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are there any ex-man utd fans who are now Liverpool fans?

not that i'm one but i was just wondering. the rivalry is so strong, is it possible for a manc to finally realize who's the better team to follow.

and if there are people out there who fall under the "ex-manc, now liverpool fan" criteria, i want to know why you switched, how strongly you feel about the club, and how you feel about the mancs?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Liverpool fan from London. Yes, I know you've heard it all before, but I have been a fan since I was about 7 or 8, and I'm now 33, and I've got the yellow Crown Paints V-neck size 7-11-years-old away shirt to prove it.

The reason? My mum and dad aren't into football at all, but the mum of my best mate, whose house I went to every day after school for six years while my parents were working, was a mental Liverpool fan. I'm talking pennants on the wall in the living room. I get to Anfield when I can, money-wise, which is sadly only about a couple of times a season.

Anyway, as I've got older, many's the time I've wished I supported another team, considering the amount of shit I get for it, but I simply couldn't live with myself if I 'changed teams', like some scrotes seem to think is acceptable.

All I'm saying is, it's hard being a Liverpool fan when you're not from the city. Our recent relative 'lack of success' has probably meant I've got a bit less shit, but I still get plenty.

Nonetheless, there is nothing lower than someone who changes their team. As Unrighteous said before, that is just someone who doesn't give a fuck.

(I was actually born in Glasgow, so I suppose Liverpool is more or less equidistant between the two...)

Im glad that we're all in agreement but there's got to be the one exception! And if there is an ex manc here I'd like them to step up and tell us their reasoning!...how ever unlikely such a person is!

I'm hoping for some great revelation in the middle of the night! Or something the scum did that finally made you realize how shite they are! Come on, speak up!

Im glad that we're all in agreement but there's got to be the one exception! And if there is an ex manc here I'd like them to step up and tell us their reasoning!...how ever unlikely such a person is!

I'm hoping for some great revelation in the middle of the night! Or something the scum did that finally made you realize how shite they are! Come on, speak up!

For me, it's not about supporting us or the Scum or the BS or anyone else.

The real issue is changing your team. I'll stand up for United or Everton fans a million times before I would for any cunt that did that.

I could never, ever, ever deal with anyone who thought changing their team was acceptable.

Err... Are there people who supported one club and now support another? No one who really cares about football, I'd suggest.

I come across it a lot in Sheffield and I really don't understand it. I know people who used to go to either Utd or Weds and now go to the other. Also people who used to be Leeds fans have now switched to the Mancs, especially in business as wining and dining your clients at Leeds V Gillingham hasn't got much of a pull about it.

I love seeing Chelsea fans who used to support Tottenham. That really makes me laugh.

I've always supported Liverpool since I was about 9 or 10. It was as simple as turning the tv on and falling in love with the team. Completely agree with ReddorDedd on everything. Even if you've supported them since you were a child with no clue about history or success you still get battered for it at times.

I'd heard about this one guy (someone I knew from Singapore or something told me about him) had changed from being a Liverpool fan to a manc because his girlfriend loved the ladyboy. It made me sick but happier to hear the club wasn't being supported by idiots like that.

You might find kids who supported a club at say 8 but change there roots by about 13 thats about the only acceptable basis to change your team

not a good enough criteria... lower the bar down to about age of 4.... i started supporting them at 5(in 1992) and even then i didnt think it was possible to change

No such thing.

I've never met anyone who has even switched clubs and been taken seriously. Something in your life, a parent, a friend, a player, an experience leads you to follow a team, and once you start, it's done. Kenny did it for me, but by the time he left it was the club that had me, not any player. It's easy to get attached to players, but afters years of your heros leaving, you are left with one truth that remains in spite of the players. Liverpool Football Club.

Guest davelfc

I have spoken to a few women who changed their teams to suit their boyfriends and on my travels some blokes that told me they used to support the mancs and now support us.

It never sits right with me though, you make your decision as a young kid, sometimes based on who someone in your family supports. In the case of bluenoses it's a bang on the head when very young, the mancs, a gene defect going back to neanderthal times.

I worked with a lad a few years ago who changed from the Mancs to us when he was in his 20's . He came from Manchester but only went to a couple of games a season & his wife ( from Liverpool , met on a work course ) & her brothers were all 42 games a season Reds fans and put constant pressure on him. He started to go to the odd away game with them rather than sitting in the house on his own all Saturday & soon got the bug .

Unfortunately for him , this happened in the early-90's so managed to miss all of our league titles and has missed all of theirs subsequently.

I used to be mates with a lad who supported us, shared a season ticket next to me in the Kop with his brothers, went to the first 4-3 against Newcastle & quite a few other big games, who then went and changed to support Leeds because his mates did.

Fool.

I'm sure you mean ex-mate.

How could you live with yourself hanging around with someone like that?

Hes a sound fellow just a fool when it comes to football. To give an example he came out with the following genius comment " Rafa deserves no credit for your CL win, it was all the players"

I just dont talk to him about football anymore