You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfer Budget

Bust3rboi

Probably from the sales of Arbeloa,Dossena,Voronin etc. rather than any possible deals for Mascherano or Alonso.

im hoping youre right

Oh look another transfer thread, isn't the transfer sticky or the Glen Johnson one enough?

no they made the transfer thread cause faggts were making topics for every alidinho we were linked to.

No the transfer thread is for transfers because everyone keeps making the forum a mess with a billion unnecessary threads.

Agreed, but I think it can also be argued that the transfer thread is also a bloody mess, two hundred and eighty something pages, how the hell are you supposed to wade through all that shite. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Agreed, but I think it can also be argued that the transfer thread is also a bloody mess, two hundred and eighty something pages, how the hell are you supposed to wade through all that shite. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Totally agree. Just how are you supposed to keep track of a 200 odd page thread!?

Besides, and this aint aimed at you. the OP in this thread isnt discussing any particular potential transfer targets, he's talking about the amount of money we have to spend whether from player sales or elsewhere.

Rafa took a huge risk splashing quite a lot (not something rafa would usually do ) on a fullback . Does he have an ace up his sleeve ? A bigger transfer kitty ? Or is the money coming from a possible sale of Alonso or Mascherano ?

Discuss.

He has'nt really when you look at it properly hes only spent £5m from any kitty on Johnson with the way the deal broke down.10/12m and Arbeloa would get us Robben, when you consider the Net output on Johnson was only £5m (considering the Crouch money) add ons later hopefully as it will mean number 19 has come home, £12m on top of Arbeloa for Robben would mean 2 top quality players for a net of £17m(add ons aside), that would be a very good bit of buisness, and probably still inside the Transfer Budget(£20m), sell Dossena and Voronin and Babel and there would be around another £20m for another top player.

Agreed. Its aload of shite.

It was said that Rafa would have around £20m net to spend plus any money from sales but should any player come onto the market that Rafa made a good case for to sign there would be funds made available

now i take that to me say we also sign Silva and that takes up are available cash and suddenly Villa is on the market for £45m I dont think Rafa would be given £45m to complete the deal but if he said i can sell player X for £30m but i still need £15m then they would find a way to make it happen

just an example to explain my take on what was said

Rafa took a huge risk splashing quite a lot (not something rafa would usually do ) on a fullback . Does he have an ace up his sleeve ? A bigger transfer kitty ? Or is the money coming from a possible sale of Alonso or Mascherano ?

Discuss.

Torres and Mascherano?

When the money is there, Rafa spends it.

Torres and Mascherano?

When the money is there, Rafa spends it.

I meant on non-proven players. Im sure anyone else would pay the same amount we did for Torres and Masch back then. Only Chelsea would pay something close enough for Johnson

From now on every idiot who ends their posts with "discuss" gets negged. It's a fucking forum, what did you think we were going to do, get agitated by your post and start flinging shit at our monitors?

I could care less about fucking rep . Ive been at -3k and all that did was gave me a laugh on how people like you really think rep affects someone .

Agreed it is shite, there should be a transfer sub forum. And each player can have there own thread in there.

I could care less about fucking rep . Ive been at -3k and all that did was gave me a laugh on how people like you really think rep affects someone .

My point stands though, why the fuck did you start a new thread? And whats wth the "discuss"? You start a new thread and yet you provide virtually no input, why bother?

My point stands though, why the fuck did you start a new thread? And whats wth the "discuss"? You start a new thread and yet you provide virtually no input, why bother?

no ones gonna discuss it in that mess . and im getting response so its working isnt it ? and i can say whatever the fuck i want , i want to say discuss thats none of your problem .

Hahahaha and you actually negged me . wow i hope youre feeling all nice inside you .

no ones gonna discuss it in that mess . and im getting response so its working isnt it ? and i can say whatever the fuck i want , i want to say discuss thats none of your problem .

Hahahaha and you actually negged me . wow i hope youre feeling all nice inside you .

It's been mentioned and discussed countless times in various other threads, did you think you were the first to think of it?

Of course I do, it's nice to vent some spleen at idiots on the internet, gets some of the stress out and makes me less tetchy arround the people that actually matter to me.

god and we say man u fans are fickle !!!!:P

Of course I do, it's nice to vent some spleen at idiots on the internet, gets some of the stress out and makes me less tetchy arround the people that actually matter to me.

kinda proves how insecure you are the way youre venting your sad life by negging . now since youve "vented some spleen" , get the fuck out my thread seriously .

EDIT :OH MY BAD DONT LEAVE YET , i just saw this post .

It's been mentioned and discussed countless times in various other threads, did you think you were the first to think of it?

now go find me at least 6 times this has been discussed since you claim to have seen this mentioned countless of times .

It was said that Rafa would have around £20m net to spend plus any money from sales but should any player come onto the market that Rafa made a good case for to sign there would be funds made available

now i take that to me say we also sign Silva and that takes up are available cash and suddenly Villa is on the market for £45m I dont think Rafa would be given £45m to complete the deal but if he said i can sell player X for £30m but i still need £15m then they would find a way to make it happen

just an example to explain my take on what was said

if we was going to spend that type of money (cant see it) id say Aguero would be a good shout

attacking midfielder/striker play him along side stevie g with torres in front of them both and mash/alonso (whoever stays) as the holding midfielder with kuyt on the right and riera on the left. that would be my ideal midfieid/attaking formation

kinda proves how insecure you are the way youre venting your sad life by negging . now since youve "vented some spleen" , get the fuck out my thread seriously .

EDIT :OH MY BAD DONT LEAVE YET , i just saw this post .

now go find me at least 6 times this has been discussed since you claim to have seen this mentioned countless of times .

Oh crap, you've sussed me out, my life sucks, crappy friends, useless girl, insecurity seeps from my very being... Oh, and it's your thread? Last time I checked the forum belonged to Dave U. And why the fuck would I trawl through the clutter created by your kind to look for something for you? Look through the Glen Johnson, Xabi and transfer threads, you'll find far more than 6 relevant posts. You still havn't provided much input here by the way, if you're going to start a thread the least you could do is to contribute a little.