You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

9 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Yeah. I’ve had the salt Huckaback too. Which was decent too.

Decent and good value at 4 x 440ml cans 

They’re not on the standard of the stuff you get in a decent bottle shop, but good nonetheless 

You can't complain at 2 quid a can. I'm assuming they're not hitting those high abv's too and more middle of the road 5-6%?

19 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Latest batch:

IMG_20210312_185804.jpg

The Cloudwater DIPA is phenomenal (definitely one for @Bruce Spanner when he's off the wagon) and the Donzoko Vienna Lager is a great session beer (but oddly stupidly priced at 20p more than the DIPA!)

Loads of good stuff got released this week, I managed to snag a couple of Mills’ new release which will be thrown down my gullet once this self imposed suffering ends! 

Im looking forward to playing catch up in a few weeks! 

If anyone fancies a little saving type HOPS15 in at checkout here for 15% of pales and IPA’s, they’re making room in the fridges for a load of Equilibrium and Other Half due next week.

https://www.capsandtaps.co.uk/

Jealous.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some of this stuff is going too far. Someone bought me a box of craft ale for my birthday which contained walnut stout and passion fruit IPA. 

Let's all just simmer down.

I’ll give it a month before you’re posting about pastry sours.

This is how it’s starts...

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some of this stuff is going too far. Someone bought me a box of craft ale for my birthday which contained walnut stout and passion fruit IPA. 

Let's all just simmer down.

I genuinely would like to try those! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Loads of good stuff got released this week, I managed to snag a couple of Mills’ new release which will be thrown down my gullet once this self imposed suffering ends! 

Im looking forward to playing catch up in a few weeks! 

If anyone fancies a little saving type HOPS15 in at checkout here for 15% of pales and IPA’s, they’re making room in the fridges for a load of Equilibrium and Other Half due next week.

https://www.capsandtaps.co.uk/

Jealous.

Nice one Bruce, I've just ordered 16 cans. 

I've only been drinking on match days this year and we haven't a match for weeks after Monday, so I guess that plan is now fucked. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nice one Bruce, I've just ordered 16 cans. 

I've only been drinking on match days this year and we haven't a match for weeks after Monday, so I guess that plan is now fucked. 

My match day idea went out of the window some time ago!  I must try and stop after Monday until the next game too.

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

My match day idea went out of the window some time ago!  I must try and stop after Monday until the next game too.

I'm properly fucked. I just got a few cans of Polly's from the beer shop on Walton Vale and picked these up in Tesco's this morning too. I probably won't even last till the match on Monday! 

IMG_20210313_120039.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm properly fucked. I just got a few cans of Polly's from the beer shop on Walton Vale and picked these up in Tesco's this morning too. I probably won't even last till the match on Monday! 

IMG_20210313_120039.jpg

50 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Buxton and Omnipollo collab from Tesco 

44BC54D9-1658-4449-B063-926DC0B36875.jpeg

I don't know whether to be pissed off or relieved that my local Tesco has a shit selection of craft stuff (they do carry Roaster Coaster which is very good though) - even the two nearest big Tescos don't carry much due to their locations (Cheetham Hill - big muslim population and Salford - dirty scrotes).

How was the Buxton/Omni @RJ Fan club