You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know lets have cheerleaders, bands, parades at half time, Goal line cam's, Interviews with the ref as to why he didnt give offside there, penalty shoot outs instead of draws

Its fucking football leave the fucking thing alone.

If you dont like it, fuck off and watch cricket or some shit, but dont start fucking up the nations game. its short sighted, stupid, and sounds like Sky would love it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with the no points for a scoreless draw. It would be nice if football still lived in the 60's but guess what? It doesn't!

The reason a lot of teams turn up at Anfield and play that way is because it works. Managers look at games like yesterday and think they'll get a point at Anfield which is worth its weight in gold so they use that system. I remember not so long ago a certain team I know that used this system 'a lot' to win 3 trophies.

It isn't just us that suffers with this problem, a lot of smaller teams turn up at away fixtures and park the bus. It's time we took away that option and made them work for their points.

It's not as if that's going to guarantee us a win though, look at the FA Cup, when it's shit or bust the smaller teams go for it. Barnsley anyone?

All in all it would make for a better game, yes there's a point that we should be able to break them down. But the fact is so many times we don't. If you think that's a Liverpool FC problem then you're quite wrong. Some teams are so good at it they regulary take points from the top teams by ruining the game this way.

It won't happen though so keep your flat caps on.

I can see what you mean but not for me, theres already too much fartin around with the game, like the calls for technology. Im dead against any technology, it ruins the game. Despite what people say it doesnt work in rugby league and wouldnt work in football. They still dont know if that england goal was a goal n that was forty years ago (slightly off topic but part of the same paradigm).

Sometimes you rogue sometimes you get rouged and has someone said, sometimes youve gotta give these teams credit (as much as it pains us).

The game is fine as it, apart from the cheating, diving, economic deteminism, petulant players/chairmen, team bias, in-patient fans, offside rule, inconsistent handball decisions, respect the ref...obviously.

I actually agree with the no points for a scoreless draw. It would be nice if football still lived in the 60's but guess what? It doesn't!

The reason a lot of teams turn up at Anfield and play that way is because it works. Managers look at games like yesterday and think they'll get a point at Anfield which is worth its weight in gold so they use that system. I remember not so long ago a certain team I know that used this system 'a lot' to win 3 trophies.

It isn't just us that suffers with this problem, a lot of smaller teams turn up at away fixtures and park the bus. It's time we took away that option and made them work for their points.

It's not as if that's going to guarantee us a win though, look at the FA Cup, when it's shit or bust the smaller teams go for it. Barnsley anyone?

All in all it would make for a better game, yes there's a point that we should be able to break them down. But the fact is so many times we don't. If you think that's a Liverpool FC problem then you're quite wrong. Some teams are so good at it they regulary take points from the top teams by ruining the game this way.

It won't happen though so keep your flat caps on.

Davelfc maybe its just me then that sees the first of these fucking nutty proposals to be passed will see the end of the game as we all know it

You allow no points for 0-0 so someone else says

why not give a bonus point for goals like the bonus point in Cricket for batting lets say 1 bonus point for 3goals scored

Then someother loon says we need 4 linesman and 2 refs to ensure that the officals are up with play

Then Sky get there way with Goal line cams and video refs

Then they say to ensure goals we make the goals a yard wider and a foot higher

Then sin bins

Rolling subs so the game doesnt have to stop

Then kick-ins instead of throw-ins

and no draws all games to have a result by pens

before you know it you have lost the game

Im not saying that things shouldnt change

but just look how many times they have tried to get the off-side rule right and if this present version is progress then fuck me

some people think all changes are good because they are from the upto date here and now

but guess what a wheel is still a wheel even after thousands of years why because it works

leave football alone dont listen to sky or football phone ins telling you they have the answers when the bubble burst they will just fuck off and move onto the next moneyspinner so leave the game alone warts and all

im sure we will never agree on this and why should we that is the beauty of football it allows for opinions to differ and everyone to gain enjoyment from it regardless

Davelfc maybe its just me then that sees the first of these fucking nutty proposals to be passed will see the end of the game as we all know it

You allow no points for 0-0 so someone else says

why not give a bonus point for goals like the bonus point in Cricket for batting lets say 1 bonus point for 3goals scored

Then someother loon says we need 4 linesman and 2 refs to ensure that the officals are up with play

Then Sky get there way with Goal line cams and video refs

Then they say to ensure goals we make the goals a yard wider and a foot higher

Then sin bins

Rolling subs so the game doesnt have to stop

Then kick-ins instead of throw-ins

and no draws all games to have a result by pens

before you know it you have lost the game

Im not saying that things shouldnt change

but just look how many times they have tried to get the off-side rule right and if this present version is progress then fuck me

some people think all changes are good because they are from the upto date here and now

but guess what a wheel is still a wheel even after thousands of years why because it works

leave football alone dont listen to sky or football phone ins telling you they have the answers when the bubble burst they will just fuck off and move onto the next moneyspinner so leave the game alone warts and all

im sure we will never agree on this and why should we that is the beauty of football it allows for opinions to differ and everyone to gain enjoyment from it regardless

I agree Bob, you make some good points. I've been a Liverpool fan over 40 years and I hate change. I despise the electronic adverts at Anfield, I hate the new offside rules that seem to change to suit the decision these days. I hate the way sky have taken over the game and see themselves as the gods of football, the people that decide what is right or wrong in the game.

But for a few years now I've been talking about no points for a 0-0. So when I see someone else put the idea forward of course I'm going to agree. Secretly though I hope it never changes as I mentioned before, I hate change. I also think allowing a team to sub a player and then allowing them to come back on later is a good idea, especially if they need stitches etc. Will it ever be introdiced? Well I doubt it.

The wheel has changed though, yes it's still round but it's made of different materials, lighter and stronger in many cases, it's aerodynamic, it has tyres, there are intelligent systems that monitor them. The same with football, the basic game will never change but improvements will be made along the way. Some will fail but some will work. The backpass rule, increased substitutes and 3 points for a win as examples.

No points for a 0-0 draw isn't on any agenda and I doubt it ever will be. The answer you will get is to find a way to win. That's the solution for us at the moment anyway.

The fundamental point here is why would you punish a team for getting a result? Nil-nil for Stoke at Anfield is a great result. We could and should have won but we didn't. Live with it. We got lucky at Sunderland and at home to Boro. We weren't so lucky against Stoke. Big fucking deal. Well done them.

If it ain't broke etc etc...

In theory it's a great idea,because then teams would have to attack and not have 11 men behind the ball.

It would make it far more of a spectator sport for starters.The problem comes when English teams go into Europe.A big part of the European cup etc is sometimes going for the 0-0 draw because you have won the first leg 1-0.

So if we have a league system with 0 points for 0-0,dont you think English teams would be at a disavantage against European teams.What I mean is we would sort of lose the art of defending a first leg lead against European teams.

Just my view on it,because theres no way the 0-0 would be introduced into Euro competitions.

Not a good idea. Forcing Stoke to attack at Anfield is just making it easier for us to win. 0-0 for Stoke is a fantastc result and more power to them for achieving it.

Did people complain when we stuck 11 men behind the ball for the full 90 mins against Barcelona on our successfull UEFA cup run in 2001? No they didn't. In fact, we all hailed a superb defensive performance.

What for? Keeping a clean sheet? If we got a point for every clean sheet we'd kept Im sure we'd have more than 18 titles!

You get at least one point for keeping a clean sheet in every game you play. Three if you keep a clean sheet and score a goal too!

That's how league football works. Unless of course there's some other way of losing a league match when you don't concede a goal?! I may have missed something.

You get at least one point for keeping a clean sheet in every game you play. Three if you keep a clean sheet and score a goal too!

That's how league football works. Unless of course there's some other way of losing a league match when you don't concede a goal?! I may have missed something.

Oh I get it now. But you still win the FA Cup by coming 4th in the League don't you??:dunno::D

I agree Bob, you make some good points. I've been a Liverpool fan over 40 years and I hate change. I despise the electronic adverts at Anfield, I hate the new offside rules that seem to change to suit the decision these days. I hate the way sky have taken over the game and see themselves as the gods of football, the people that decide what is right or wrong in the game.

But for a few years now I've been talking about no points for a 0-0. So when I see someone else put the idea forward of course I'm going to agree. Secretly though I hope it never changes as I mentioned before, I hate change. I also think allowing a team to sub a player and then allowing them to come back on later is a good idea, especially if they need stitches etc. Will it ever be introdiced? Well I doubt it.

The wheel has changed though, yes it's still round but it's made of different materials, lighter and stronger in many cases, it's aerodynamic, it has tyres, there are intelligent systems that monitor them. The same with football, the basic game will never change but improvements will be made along the way. Some will fail but some will work. The backpass rule, increased substitutes and 3 points for a win as examples.

No points for a 0-0 draw isn't on any agenda and I doubt it ever will be. The answer you will get is to find a way to win. That's the solution for us at the moment anyway.

Well said lad. I was only making a point about negetive play and teams coming to Anfield and solely defending. I think both teams should always attempt to win games.

No I don't want to see cheerleaders

Or electronic decisions or extra officials

Yes I hate Sky's domination and don't even get me started on Setanta

Electronic advertisement boards are shocking

I don't think we should have extra points for more goals

And fucking off to watch Cricket isn't an option when your in the game for a living

I Just feel when a team goes away soley to defend then this is very boring and is hindering the game. When a team goes away from home and scores and draws that's worthy of a point not a team that sits back for 90minutes. A scoreless draw like Saturday just sitting back and defending isn't what I feel the game should be about! People go on and on about there not being enough home grown creative players coming through! Do you think these type of tactics are helping this situation? I very much doubt it! The reason why there not coming through is because small minded people in football coaching, who are obsessed with the basics and not promoting flair! Do you think Kaka was just shown how to defend? Or Torres? Or Anything that incourages attacking exciting football should be embrassed in my opinion.

I know it will probably never happen but like dave said things need to be evolved like the wheel. Just not our offside rule! I'm a coach at championship club and even the professional players don't understand the rule anymore! That should be left alone!

it has been pointed out that we have in the past put 11 men behind the ball to earn a point in a tie or to hit a team on the break and have called it brilliant

Stoke did the only thing they could to get a point at Anfield, and they succeeded.

There will be many who remember the days when almost every team that came to Anfield did this.

Saying the only thing you get at Anfield is a cup of tea at half time

Its about having the team to be able to unlock these teams, and take the points.

We have them we where stopped from doing so by a mistake in my opinion, but thats football.

I dont want any type of fundimental change to the points structure of the game.

It doesnt need it just because we cant break a team down