You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai and Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's an optimisic view of things

They have gone and aren't coming back, and I think the way that they have conducted themselves is not becoming of potential owners of the club.

This isn't aimed at you specifically mate, but why the hostility ?

Were not exactly overflowing with options and the Dubians are preferable to the yanks, if only a they have a pot to piss in. I agree with anyone who says they were poor in their inital attempts to buy us, letting pride and Parry get in their way, but i can see why they are doing what they are now.

In the absence of anyone else and with the club becoming cheaper by the day, i can't see them walking away ? Why chase when the value is high only to walk away as it starts to fall ? While it hurts me to see th e club hurt, I can see why Dubai will play hard ball.

Were not exactly overflowing with options and the Dubians are preferable to the yanks, if only a they have a pot to piss in. I agree with anyone who says they were poor in their inital attempts to buy us, letting pride and Parry get in their way, but i can see why they are doing what they are now.

In the absence of anyone else and with the club becoming cheaper by the day, i can't see them walking away ? Why chase when the value is high only to walk away as it starts to fall ? While it hurts me to see th e club hurt, I can see why Dubai will play hard ball.

Quite apart from the human rights angle (thank God we never got that Thai PM) which others may not have an issue there is no evidence that Dubai are better than the Yanks.

They were completely outnegotiated by the Yanks be it on price (which in those equity markets was too low) or "sweetners" (offering incumbent boards something is common in M&A so why not give CoCo his Ferrari & DM his Life Pres?)

They have then consistently tried to stir the shit thru the press & helped the turmoil.

If you care about Lfc offer the money or fuck off.

In the leveraged world of 18 mnths ago Lfc with its untapped fan base & run by the simple DM was under-priced & ripe for a leveraged buy-ouy

They wanted to do exactly the same as the Yanks, would have loaded up the debt the same & woulkd equally not have built the stadium (hard capital is worth so much at the moment that they would be using it in other businesses 1st)

We made the mistake once of jumping into bed with the Yanks as we all knew how inadequate DM was; we mustn't make it again: Yanks out; DIC out

Quite apart from the human rights angle (thank God we never got that Thai PM) which others may not have an issue there is no evidence that Dubai are better than the Yanks.

They were completely outnegotiated by the Yanks be it on price (which in those equity markets was too low) or "sweetners" (offering incumbent boards something is common in M&A so why not give CoCo his Ferrari & DM his Life Pres?)

They have then consistently tried to stir the shit thru the press & helped the turmoil.

In the leveraged world of 18 mnths ago Lfc with its untapped fan base & run by the simple DM was under-priced & ripe for a leveraged buy-ouy

They wanted to do exactly the same as the Yanks, would have loaded up the debt the same & woulkd equally not have built the stadium (hard capital is worth so much at the moment that they would be using it in other businesses 1st)

We made the mistake once of jumping into bed with the Yanks as we all knew how inadequate DM was; we mustn't make it again: Yanks out; DIC out

I mentioned the first time round in my post, yeah, they weremade to look amatuer and childish, all in one go. But, that doesnt answer the question, if not the yanks who ? as i said in my earlier post, we need someone to own us and with a lack of other options Dubai are prefferable since they have a pot to piss in, the yanks dont and while peope have gone to great lengths to make reassurances im still not 100% convinced they'll get their extension and be able to keep us going, which in turn leaves me worried about administration. How the Fa would love us to lose the league with a 30 point deducation.

I mentioned the first time round in my post, yeah, they weremade to look amatuer and childish, all in one go. But, that doesnt answer the question, if not the yanks who ? as i said in my earlier post, we need someone to own us and with a lack of other options Dubai are prefferable since they have a pot to piss in, the yanks dont and while peope have gone to great lengths to make reassurances im still not 100% convinced they'll get their extension and be able to keep us going, which in turn leaves me worried about administration. How the Fa would love us to lose the league with a 30 point deducation.

1. We have 0 chance of going into adminstration unless we already finished out of the CL places.

In the CL (alongside player sales or at least no new buys) we can easily pay the loan back; outside it there are possible questions.

No bank is going to deliberately destroy teh value of its collateral especially on something as hi profile as Lfc.

2. Dubai may have a pot to piss in but they wouldn't use anything extra last year when all of the business world had pots to piss in or at least could ring up their bank & get one in 30 secs.

The potential returns on our stadium are good but right now capital is scarce so they are not going to tie it up in a stadium when there are distressed asset slaes elsewhere.

I dont know who we'll get but i do know that we don't want the Yanks nor DIC.

1. We have 0 chance of going into adminstration unless we already finished out of the CL places.

In the CL (alongside player sales or at least no new buys) we can easily pay the loan back; outside it there are possible questions.

No bank is going to deliberately destroy teh value of its collateral especially on something as hi profile as Lfc.

Maybe, but in the current climate, the banks are going to want additional securities and/or will charge an increased interest rate to refinance the existing loan. G&T don't have the liquidity to put additional securities in and Im not sure the club could afford, increased interest rates. If no buyer is there in Jan or July and they cant sell what happens to the club ?

2. Dubai may have a pot to piss in but they wouldn't use anything extra last year when all of the business world had pots to piss in or at least could ring up their bank & get one in 30 secs.

The potential returns on our stadium are good but right now capital is scarce so they are not going to tie it up in a stadium when there are distressed asset slaes elsewhere.

I dont know who we'll get but i do know that we don't want the Yanks nor DIC.

No they wouldn't, but then neither did anyone else in the picture Kraft or whoever. the stadium buld was always going to be financed by the club, Ive no problem with that Id just rather have someone around who can afford the repayments, rather than someone who's looking to get repossessed and possibly doesn't care if they are..

Maybe, but in the current climate, the banks are going to want additional securities and/or will charge an increased interest rate to refinance the existing loan. G&T don't have the liquidity to put additional securities in and Im not sure the club could afford, increased interest rates. If no buyer is there in Jan or July and they cant sell what happens to the club ?

No they wouldn't, but then neither did anyone else in the picture Kraft or whoever. the stadium buld was always going to be financed by the club, Ive no problem with that Id just rather have someone around who can afford the repayments, rather than someone who's looking to get repossessed and possibly doesn't care if they are..

As long as we are in the CL we are a going concern. So somebody somewhere will buy us before adminstration is required.

Especially as that administration would put us out of the CL.

As long as we finish top 4 adminstration is not an option (we could be forced to sell players however so i am not saying life is rosy)

Dubai may have the cash but they wouldn't & won't use it on us (or they would have paid the extra £10m & red Ferrari & got us in the 1st place) so having it is irrelevant.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Stalin was a mildly nicer fella than Hitler, and could take his ale, doesn't mean I'd want a bevvie with him.

They've gone, this isn't some game they are playing, and unless there is some incredible change of mind on their part, they won't be coming back.

IF they were as commited to the club as they were telling everyone for the past 10 months, they wouldn't thrown the baby out of the bathwater

Again

I wouldn't be surprised if they've actually been gazumped by a third party.

Stalin was a mildly nicer fella than Hitler, and could take his ale, doesn't mean I'd want a bevvie with him.

They've gone, this isn't some game they are playing, and unless there is some incredible change of mind on their part, they won't be coming back.

IF they were as commited to the club as they were telling everyone for the past 10 months, they wouldn't thrown the baby out of the bathwater

Again

I just wish they'd made their minds up months ago. I suspect we might have been bought by someone with real money (Citeh's buyers) if Dubai hadn't got their marker on us.

Again

Yeah, ok Stalin wasnt much better, Im not arguing that Dubai arent with their faults, I'm surprised that Dubai are seen quite negatively by some, increasingly so, when in fact they are only guilty of not buying us.

As for being Gazumped we'll find out, but i can't see Dubai walking away now, as it becomes a buyers market, although of course if you're right, they also won't want to be seen to lose out again to a third party. Its also true to say that many people have pointe out that if Dubai want to play hard ball, 'pulling out' is the way to do it. Hanging around like a love sick teenager, not getting the bint is hardly top negotiation !

Not having a go at you mate,but that is the biggest load of bollocks on this thread so far.

The reason DIC pulled out of buying us is because Freddy and Coco went behind there backs and gave Twat and Twatter the books to look at and put offer in for us.

DIC thought it was already a done deal and they had bought us.That is the reason they pulled out.They seen there arse over the way Freddy and Coco went back on the deal.

The thing about the stadium as well,if DIC had bought us then work would of started/compleated nearly on the stadium.

Just look at there horse racing operation and how it is set up/run to see what I mean about the stadium.

The thing that surprised me the most over DIC is the fact they came back in for us at all,after the way Freddy and Coco fucked them about,to get there extra 30 picies of silver.

If the banks decide to call in the loan in January because they genuinely don't think G&H are worth the risk any more, does anybody have any idea of the minimum price they (the banks) would require from another buyer? Is it at all possible that Dubai or another party could acquire the club for close to the amount that G&H paid for it if they can satisfy the banks that they're a safer bet than G&H for servicing the debt and building the stadium?

Not having a go at you mate,but that is the biggest load of bollocks on this thread so far.

The reason DIC pulled out of buying us is because Freddy and Coco went behind there

backs and gave Twat and Twatter the books to look at and put offer in for us.

DIC thought it was already a done deal and they had bought us.That is the reason they pulled out.They seen there arse over the way Freddy and Coco went back on the deal.

The thing about the stadium as well,if DIC had bought us then work would of started/compleated nearly on the stadium.

Just look at there horse racing operation and how it is set up/run to see what I mean about the stadium.

The thing that surprised me the most over DIC is the fact they came back in for us at all,after the way Freddy and Coco fucked them about,to get there extra 30 picies of silver.

This is international M&A.. it is not conducted to some Corinthian rule-book

Until a deal is in writing it is not a formal deal

Freddy & CoCo were correct to show the books to other interested parties; if you are selling your house or your car would you only let 1 buyer look at it?... in that case i bid £5.

The pair of them were selfish & self-serving but those accusations can be put at many sellers.

The Yanks cleverly gave them relatively cheap (certainly in the context of the total price of Lfc) personal sweetners of some silly title & cash respectively.

Good negotiation which DIC were too stupid or tight to match

DIC would not have put their own cash into our stadium: they would have arranged a loan. The time that takes would have been into credit crunch territory & so it wouldn't have got off the ground

They would not put their own cash in as their are better investments out there in these distressed times.

Freddy & CoCo did not act for the good of the club but neither did they do anything illegal.. DIC were out-negotaied by the Yanks which hardly puts them in a good light

As long as we are in the CL we are a going concern. So somebody somewhere will buy us before adminstration is required.

Especially as that administration would put us out of the CL.

As long as we finish top 4 adminstration is not an option (we could be forced to sell players however so i am not saying life is rosy)

Dubai may have the cash but they wouldn't & won't use it on us (or they would have paid the extra £10m & red Ferrari & got us in the 1st place) so having it is irrelevant.

My concern here is hat interest rates are put up, due to a lack of security (Actually I dont think they'll get the extension but anyway). And if they double of triple the interest rate, it could be a problem.