You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai and Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Even if I was a mega billionaire and owned the club, expanding Anfield to approx 60k would still make the most financial sense IMO and would be the option I would choose.

I honestly can't see how a £400m+ new stadium can be financially worth it, who knows what football's going tot be like in 20 years. The cost would cripple us short term, enough to stop us competing at the very highest level.

I used to agree with that until I found out that there would only be another 5,000 season tickets if we'd have gone ahead with a 60,000 seater. Almost all of the rest would have gone to Corporate.

We need a bigger ground than that. I don't believe we have 50,000 waiting for a season ticket but there's a substantial number on the list who wont get the season ticket they've waited years for in a 60,000 seater stadium.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redeveloping Anfield is the most viable option, but hicks and Gillett want the new ground and dont even want to look into doing it even though its the cheaper option by far. Can't think why myself

Its the only option for me, i couldnt give two fucks about the massively increased revenue by moving to a new ground , the game is fucked in my opinion , and if the only thing that matters is trying to keep up with the "joneses" then forget it.

We are capable of winning the league and the european cup this year ,staying at anfield and being in with a shout is good enough for me.

I used to agree with that until I found out that there would only be another 5,000 season tickets if we'd have gone ahead with a 60,000 seater. Almost all of the rest would have gone to Corporate.

We need a bigger ground than that. I don't believe we have 50,000 waiting for a season ticket but there's a substantial number on the list who wont get the season ticket they've waited years for in a 60,000 seater stadium.

But isn't the 'New ground' only going to be 60k anyway. Anfield could be expanded to that at, at least quarter of the price of a new stadium.

But isn't the 'New ground' only going to be 60k anyway. Anfield could be expanded to that at, at least quarter of the price of a new stadium.

Once work was started, the plan was to re-submit an application for a 73,000 seater stadium.

I agree about redeveloping Anfield. We really should be thinking about it otherwise groundshare is going to keep raising it's ugly head.

What aload of shit this thread is becoming. Don't want dubai in , don't want the new stadium, redevelop anfield.

We need dubai and the new stadium otherwise we will become a middletable side and thats a fact.

Sell torres etc... what a shit idea for a investor in the club, it wll reduce the value of the club...and you can kiss goodbye to champions league footie.

Hicks is playing a good game against dubai ????????? We wll only know who wins when this saga is over. Personly I think hicks is a D***.

Save us Dubai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst on my holidays from the site, I have enjoyed your posts the most, an absolute pleasure reading them.

But I'd rather lose the revenue,give the manager no money for 2 years than saddle the club with another £450m of debt, plus play in a stadium like everybody else's. Anfield is Anfield mate

The part i'd disagree with there is that by not comissioning a hugley expensive new stadium it should (in theory) whoever's in charge give a bit more financial leeway in the transfer market. Totally agree with everything else though. Its so plainly fucking obvious. 3/4 years time Anfield could be 60k+ at 25% of the cost of a new ground yet it'd still bring in 35-50% more matchday revenue. Smaller debt, smaller interest payments etc, more sustainable and not as much a noose around our neck so short term we can still reasoanbly compete in the market.

The part i'd disagree with there is that by not comissioning a hugley expensive new stadium it should (in theory) whoever's in charge give a bit more financial leeway in the transfer market. Totally agree with everything else though. Its so plainly fucking obvious. 3/4 years time Anfield could be 60k+ at 25% of the cost of a new ground yet it'd still bring in 35-50% more matchday revenue. Smaller debt, smaller interest payments etc, more sustainable and not as much a noose around our neck so short term we can still reasoanbly compete in the market.

All that and we get to stay at a true Cathedral of football to boot. Everyone's a winner.

I could not agree more. I said redeveloping Anfield would be a no brainer as its the cheapest option, Parry said it would be but the yanks only want a new ground. I asked if Parry had mentioned this too them as I obviously thought he would say "of course I have" he said no. I said "well I think you should, dont you". He then went on about would the council agree to the upgrade of Anfield.

After I got back on my chair, I told Mr Parry that the council should dance to our tune as were the biggest revenue the city have.

Quite frightning how thick/out of touch he is really.

I would not believe or trust a word Parry would say mate.

This is a guy who looks purely after himself and fuck Liverpool Football Club.

A guy who would be out of a job if Dubai took over and his mate Moores would longer have a Life Presidency role and the only reason he is still in a job now is because of his arse kissing to Gillett as Hicks would sack him tomorrow if he had the opportunity.

I believe most of what he says now, because he told me he is a dead man walking. He knows him and Moores are out the day after dubai take over(if and when)

He just wants to get dubai in and the yanks out, especially Hicks as hicks hates him and vice versa.

To be honest coop you dont have to be a rocket scientist to work it out anyway.

Parry is a cunt 100%, he is just trying to hang on to some sort of respectability so him and Moores can walk down the street, hence him for once I believe being honest and doing what he can to get rid of them two.

Fair play to the lad and thanks for sharing the info mate.

Got to say though to those who think DIC wouldn't make us the best team in the premiership,that you obviously know very little about Sheikh Mohamed.

The guy turns whatever he is involved in the best there is.He want's to make everything to do with Dubai the best there can be.

F2IXgUebtDQ

Got to say though to those who think DIC wouldn't make us the best team in the premiership,that you obviously know very little about Sheikh Mohamed.

The guy turns whatever he is involved in the best there is.He want's to make everything to do with Dubai the best there can be.

F2IXgUebtDQ

That video's been around for a while now. Let him put his money where his mouth is and then we can judge him.

You hear the stories that the shiek is a Liverpool fan, and then you find out he is not and does not even like football, and is buying Liverpool for the wrong reasons.

I dont want the club to be a play thing for him just to add to his portfolio, I dont want him here at all, DIC people spun us a yarn and plenty including myself were taken in,not anymore. Dubai will be no good for our club,

Honestly, whether he was or is a fan, or not, really doesn't matter all that much. Thats just PR spin, and doesn't mean shit. Not even worth debating.

All that does matter is how many of the following boxes they tick:

1) restructure the club commercially so that, in the short term, we start taking advantage of our worldwide image, without unduly ripping fans off gratuitiously (I think we can all acknowledge that we're leaving many millions on the table, every year)

2) restructure the clubs internal management so that going forward, we don't wash our dirty linen in public, and handle our affairs in a more dignified and thoughful manner.

3) give the manager a sufficient transfer budget, over the long term, so that lack of spending power is not the reason for any lack of success. Even if we don't match the Chelski, ManUre or ManCity's of this world, as long as we get good, consistant investment - with the odd mega-transfer when needed to fill a particular hole - thats pretty much I think most of us would prefer.

4) secure our long term financial stability by lowering overall debt levels, building a new stadium (or expanding the existing one?).

For any of the above to happen, I couldn't care less if Sheikh Makhtoum thought that we played with a rugby ball. Doesn't bloody matter. As long as he has the right managerial expertise to call upon (and he does), the financial resources to fall back upon when needed (I'll let you work that one out), and the will to do the above (I think so).

If they do the above, they make Liverpool FC a much more valuable business. And if they decide to cash in on that 10 to 15 years down the line, selling us to other responsible parties, and make a large profit doing so - GOOD. Fair play to them.

They would have done their job, sorted us out, and made their money. Everybody's happy.

Sounds like you know, for a fact, that they won't do any (or many) of the above. How so?

Or are you just taking the luddite view that all people with money have screwed with you, so you just want to take your ball home?

If so, good luck with that. You'll need it.

That video's been around for a while now. Let him put his money where his mouth is and then we can judge him.

If you're talking about the price our current owners want, then no. Liverpool FC is not worth it. No matter how much we love this club, it isn't worth it.

Seems like some are getting fed up with them, for not paying this ridiculous premium (to line G+H's pockets).

Misplaced anger.