You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris

I was really, really wary about this and I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but I watched it over the course of a weekend, and really really enjoyed it! Granted, it's not really Sarah Connor and there's no Arnie, but I thought it built on the Terminator legacy quite well, and the Cameron character is awesome.

Anyway, I reviewed it...

Blu-ray disc of the week: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Season 1. - www.t3.com

Be interested to hear what y'all thought...

Makes no sense and doesn't fit in with the rest of the Terminator films (granted some of the films don't tie in with each other either), it's a decent ghost story though.

I agree, the chronology is all out of sync, but I like they way they've taken it, by kinda ignoring Terminator 3, which was a piece of shit. Just start from where it stopped being good and ignore T3!

if you look at it from that perspective, the progression is pretty logical. Terminators would keep coming after them if the missions failed and more protectors would follow. I liked that they had a covert army of dudes.

My main beef with anything that followed T2 is that it severely undermines the emotional legacy of that film, the struggle they went through to stop Judgment Day was so epic and so immense that the realisation that they didn't come close to stopping Judgment Day is a kick in the nuts for anyone who invested in that film.

So, in short, I'm annoyed that it even exists, but now it does, I'm happy with what they've done with it.

I was really, really wary about this and I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but I watched it over the course of a weekend, and really really enjoyed it! Granted, it's not really Sarah Connor and there's no Arnie, but I thought it built on the Terminator legacy quite well, and the Cameron character is awesome.

Anyway, I reviewed it...

Blu-ray disc of the week: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Season 1. - www.t3.com

Be interested to hear what y'all thought...

I watched it when it was on Virgin earlier in the year, Chris. Like you, I wasnt sure what it was going to be like, but was prepared to give it a chance. I was glad I decided to watch it as I was really impressed from start to finish.

I mentioned this to you in the thread about the new films Chris as it had already given me a flavour of what the new film could be with it's flashes into the future, the number of post-Judgement Day characters and also the use of multiple non-Arnies as Terminators. I liked it quite a lot.

I thought it was pretty poor and indicative of the usual film to TV transfer that we've seen over the last few years, the most notable of which was Stargate(you know, where every planet looks like Vancouver). Lena Hedley was a pretty weak Sarah Connor, her physical definition being nothing compared to Linda Hamilton in T2. Summer Glau was basically doing the same thing as she was in Serenity too and I felt there was no need to update it to our timeline apart the writers being too lazy to gave retro fit things into their scripts.

I love the first two Terminator movies so I was willing to give this a fair crack of the whip but the fact is that when you don't have enough of a budget to show an exposed Terminator exo-skeleton, it's probably an idea too far.

I thought it was pretty poor and indicative of the usual film to TV transfer that we've seen over the last few years, the most notable of which was Stargate(you know, where every planet looks like Vancouver). Lena Hedley was a pretty weak Sarah Connor, her physical definition being nothing compared to Linda Hamilton in T2. Summer Glau was basically doing the same thing as she was in Serenity too and I felt there was no need to update it to our timeline apart the writers being too lazy to gave retro fit things into their scripts.

I love the first two Terminator movies so I was willing to give this a fair crack of the whip but the fact is that when you don't have enough of a budget to show an exposed Terminator exo-skeleton, it's probably an idea too far.

I enjoyed the different interpretation of Sarah Connor. There was a greater sense of her maternal feelings for John and I thought the physical slightness gave greater credibilty to the tiny air of vulnerability she exuded in those feelings towards him. She seemed always to be torn between wanting to protect him and wanting to prepare him for his future role.

Linda Hamilton's portrayal was much colder in T2 and erred on the psychotic, which was entirely appropriate given what she'd had to endure up to that point. However, she was far more slight and feminine in The Terminator and I thought Lena Hedley's portrayal seemed like a logical progression from there. It's also consistent, given the chronological gap between the series and T2, with the second portrayal: the character has had time to regain a bit of her humanity again, not to mention her maternal instincts.

Edited by Paul

I enjoyed the different interpretation of Sarah Connor. There was a greater sense of her maternal feelings for John and I thought the physical slightness gave greater credibilty to the tiny air of vulnerability she exuded in those feelings towards him. She seemed always to be torn between wanting to protect him and wanting to prepare him for his future role.

Linda Hamilton's portrayal was much colder in T2 and aired on the psychotic, which was entirely appropriate given what she'd had to endure up to that point. However, she was far more slight and feminine in The Terminator and I thought Lena Hedley's portrayal seemed like a logical progression from there. It's also consistent, given the chronological gap between the series and T2, with the second portrayal: the character has had time to regain a bit of her humanity again, not to mention her maternal instincts.

I'd go along with that, totally. I said in the review that John and Sarah's character progression from T2 is pretty logical.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone following the second season of this? Really turned it up a notch I reckon. Last week's Alison Young episode was easily the best of the franchise so far. Brilliant use of backstor and a great progression of the overall storyline with the insight on how they make the Terminators. Awesome. Was totally enthralled

Is anyone following the second season of this? Really turned it up a notch I reckon. Last week's Alison Young episode was easily the best of the franchise so far. Brilliant use of backstor and a great progression of the overall storyline with the insight on how they make the Terminators. Awesome. Was totally enthralled

Didn't know it was on. Virgin 1 again?