You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Athletics Thread

kelster

Now that there's a break in the cricket before the last test this will be getting my attention.

I still need to check the schedule for today but I doubt I'll be the only one looking forward to Katerina Johnson-Thomson's second day

Being interviewed in the studio now

Does anyone know if Michael Johnson has a connection to the UK apart from his contract with the BBC?

I don't think so, I just think that track & field was so low-profile in the USA that we managed to snaffle him for our coverage & a great decision it was by the Beeb.

I think he has mentored a few of our athletes, but I think that was more as a result of him being involved with our t.v. coverage and available in the UK, rather than the other way around.

I don't think so, I just think that track & field was so low-profile in the USA that we managed to snaffle him for our coverage & a great decision it was by the Beeb.

I think he has mentored a few of our athletes, but I think that was more as a result of him being involved with our t.v. coverage and available in the UK, rather than the other way around.

That was pretty much what I was thinking. He's ace

Does anyone know if Michael Johnson has a connection to the UK apart from his contract with the BBC?

I think he's seen as a bit of a joke by the media in America whereas he's a lot more respected over here.

He made some comments and even made a documentary for the BBC if I am remembering correctly about his views on black athlete's in the US and slavery and its effect on the genetic side of things. He pretty much got laughed at even though his views were fairly well reasoned.

He's my favourite athlete of all time.

Looking forward to this also waiting to see Bolt in 200m and the 400m mens relay - what's the odds on the Brit's dropping the baton or getting disqualified.

They should be pretty safe in 400 but their record in the 100 is appalling, being disqualified 6 out of the last 8 outings or something stupid like that

They should be pretty safe in 400 but their record in the 100 is appalling, being disqualified 6 out of the last 8 outings or something stupid like that

Might just have a bet on it - will see what price I can get in the bookies at the bottom of our street...Hope Mo wins and would love to see someone force Bolt to run at full pace...he's like the hare at the dog track!!!

I would like to know what has gone on with ticket sales for these champs. The stadium has been almost empty for some sessions and it doesnt seem as if anything has been done to address this over the course of the week

I would like to know what has gone on with ticket sales for these champs. The stadium has been almost empty for some sessions and it doesnt seem as if anything has been done to address this over the course of the week

Quite ridiculous isn't it? It wasn't even close to being full when Isinbayeva competed.

Another solitary pleasure' date=' then?

Men's 5000 running now. Little to read into the race at this stage. Pretty slow pace, Farah tucked in at the back[/quote']

Winding up now at 600m. Farah leading but its very close