You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Why haven't we signed a left winger"?

snez1

I like Babel and im expecting him to be a lot more settled and mature this season. I really do think we will see a lot from him. I expect him to play on the left of the attack, but not as a "left winger". Double figures for goals.

Didn't he get 10 goals last season? I think he can really push on this year. I was disappointed that he missed out on Euro 2008 cos I think we would have learn alot from it. Also, I hope his ankle injury doesn't become one of those recurring career-wreckers; that would suck dick.

He's hardly ever played there for us, but on these few occasions he has looked totally lost.

I would agree with that. I still think he lacks the positional awareness to hold his own in the centre. Plus, if we play him in a wider position, we can exploit his pace and powerful shooting. That said I think he needs to learn a couple more moves next season as teams are starting to catch on to the Babel shuffle (drop of the shoulder, cut inside and shoot at the near post).