You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cars! Pain in the arse

Elite

since i'v had mine i'v had 6 leaflets put through the door about body shops and such. also, some bum nut finds it hilarious to put nails and screws under your tires on our estate. if its one nail you could of just been unlucky and picked it up but 3 or 4 nails in EACH tire takes the piss.

i'm beginning to wonde who i'v upset!

Took my car into be serviced, cost me £190!

Everything needed doing because it hadn't been serviced for ages! Grrrr...

I used to buy bangers for £100.They never went wrong! I used to call them paper bag cars.Get rid get another.Very hard getting cheap cars these days!

I used to buy bangers for £100.They never went wrong! I used to call them paper bag cars.Get rid get another.Very hard getting cheap cars these days!

That really doesn't make any sense at all, you weird little urchin. I don't think I've seen one post from you that wasn't bizarre in some way. Your wife most have really low expectations.

That really doesn't make any sense at all, you weird little urchin. I don't think I've seen one post from you that wasn't bizarre in some way. Your wife most have really low expectations.

As much as a agree on the wierd statement. I used to do something similar.

My old job used to pay me a couple of grand a year to run a car and make it available for work. I would buy a car for about £400 with a full years MOT. If it broke down in that time I'd sell it for parts and just but another. I never went through more than 2 cars a year and always turned a nice profit even deducting tax, insurance and general repairs. Where as work mates of mine got bum fucked on depreciation every year, I was home and dry.

One car I had lasted me over 2 years with no problems, cost me £460. in that time I got paid about £4,000 and about 40p a mile. I raked it in in on that beauty. It never owed me a penny, so when I moved job and no longer needed a car I gave it away to a bloke in our office who was struggling with his finances. He still has it, and it has hardly give him any trouble in 4 years. I know I got good karma for that.

It's failed but only in a sprained ankle kinda way (didnt understand the actual faults). With the service it'll cost me £300 and as I share the car with my ex it's only £150. Not too bad as I thought it was an ex car.

I knew you were a woman really. Bet he sucked air in through his teeth and told you it didn't have a full tank of fuel and an empty window washer bottle.

I'm off down to my garage later, my little shit head of a son has put a twig into the bonnet lock and i now cant get the twig out or the the key in. Found out when i went to top up the oil and wind screen wash this morning.

The mechanic better take payment in kind of im fucked, and not in the way i'd like.:wallbutt:

Took my car into be serviced, cost me £190!

Everything needed doing because it hadn't been serviced for ages! Grrrr...

When you say everything needed doing do you actualy know what they did to it.

I cant understand why people pay such amounts of money for a service.

The majority of things they do are checks. If your lucky they might have changed the oil. You also get charged for the disposal of the old oil.

The only other things that again if your lucky they might have changed are.

Air filter. Pollen filter (optional) Fuel filter. Al costs about £40 including the oil. I doubt if they changed them plus you have no way of knowing.

Learn to do it yourself it realy is a peice of piss. Takes about an hour