You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we stop refering to player as the new whoever, it reminds me of the the dark side of Gerard Houllier. The "new Ronaldo", "new Zidane", "new Desailly", "new Henry", "new Harry Kewell", "new Nicky Tanner", new "Istvan Kozma" etc, etc, etc.

It's a slippery slope.

Babel actually goes to Arsenal games, been around here at their training ground too.. maybe not bestest bezzie mates or whatever but Van Persie is a close mate of his.

Grow fucking up...........your 'inside information' on the possible DIC takeover was embarrassing and now you're the last word on bosom buddies in the prem.

Get a fucking life

Ryan Babel...

"The Premiership is maybe the best league, it's a very high level.

"I know Robin van Persie very well and he is a great person and I have a lot of contact with him over the phone and text messages. He keeps me in touch with how it is going over there for him and I tell him how it's going in Holland.

"It is a normal thing for a young player to want to prove himself in the Premiership."

It just proves a point that even when a player wants to go somewhere, money talks. We can outbid Arsenal for Ben Arfa like we did for Babel last summer.

You know Rafa isn't after Ben Arfa..........This is just your pathetic ploy to mention anyone skillful in world football and if we are not 10 points clear by March, not buying these players will be just another stick to beat our manager with, wont it ?

Pathetic

Guest ian garro
You know Rafa isn't after Ben Arfa..........This is just your pathetic ploy to mention anyone skillful in world football and if we are not 10 points clear by March, not buying these players will be just another stick to beat our manager with, wont it ?

Pathetic

Correct.

We need an Arfa in the squad, and a Bill, Fred, George.. you'll name with the league with Ryan's and Jamie's.

Well we'll have a Barry, that's a good start.

As for this thread:

Cisse's youtube was ace. And he was brilliant in the French league. If only we spunked money on him. We're a bunch of cunts arent we.

For every Henry,Zidane, Pires etc there is a Cheyrou, Diao, Diouf, Cisse.

I like the look of Arfa and he looks a promising player but can afford to enter a bidding war with Arsenal and more to the point is Rafa interested.

OK Mr CM Rashid, I'm not the one who starts screaming every time we're not linked to a player with a vowel at the end of his name. Very mature.

As Jim says I'm suggesting not all French imports do well in the English league. Cisse, Le Tallec, Pongo , Diomede, Bruno - capiche? Now dry your tears and start breathing.

• Upvote 1

Let's get down to the nitty gritty - has he got nice hair and does he do lots of step-overs?

And as a side note, do you reckon we'll ever see a transfer rumour thread that doesn't contain sly digs at atleast one of our current players?

Are Barry, Milner current players then? And people wonder I don't chill out.

Well I am not... so the statement by westderbain was as usual a bit cuntish.

Thants why have you fucked this thread up by the way? Hatem Ben Arfa is a top quality player, not a Le Tallec or Pongolle who were sixteen and unproven at the top leve. Ben Arfa has played in the CL too... he is a winger, very quick and very skillful. I don't see him to much step overs but he can go past people easily. Exactly what we need.

He is affordable now, one day he won't be.

Is ruined the new word for disagreed? Didnt know it was a bandwagon thread.

Diomede was in the world cup winning squad as a winger.

I'm not saying Arfer is shit, just why do we have to have every single player that's half decent discussed in a way that Rafa doesnt know what he's doing?

Although i think Ben Arfa is a good player im not completely sold on the idea of him becoming a top,top player. From what i've seen of him he's very quick and skillfull but what always strikes me is how selfish he is on the ball, he seldom ever picks the right solution in the final third and prefers to shoot instead. Ben Arfa game is all about speed and dribbling and we already have Babel for that, i would prefer we brought someone in who's game was more about intelligence and creativity, a proper number 10 if you will. As the fear might be we have too many runners if we bought Ben Arfa than creative players.

Er no, Rashid let's not take out Torres.

Torres - breaking records in his first season and suddenly he's a god.

Babel - not bad first season. Has potential, still young.

Kuyt - Good first season. Had a bad dip due to his dad dying before his eyes but came back to rule in Europe.

Crouch - turned him into an England Player and fans favourite

Nemeth - The Future.

Bruna - The Future.

Pacheco - The Future.

Er no, Rashid let's not take out Torres.

Torres - breaking records in his first season and suddenly he's a god.

Babel - not bad first season. Has potential, still young.

Kuyt - Good first season. Had a bad dip due to his dad dying before his eyes but came back to rule in Europe.

Crouch - turned him into an England Player and fans favourite

Nemeth - The Future.

Bruna - The Future.

Pacheco - The Future.

He has had ONE top notch success in Torres, the jury is out on the rest no matter how you dress it up mate. The fact that after FOUR years you are suggesting 3 young reserves as a "future success" just about proves my point.

But I refuse to have these idiotic argumengts over excuses for Rafa...

Let's get back to Ben Arfa.