You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does everything have to be a leading question? So playing your game... How many attacking players of real quality has Rafa bought since he came here?

Let's take out Torres...

That question is disingenuous to say the least. Until this year Rafa has not been able to bring in the best as he has had to overhaul the crap squad that Houiller left him.

When he had the chance to go for the best, he brought in Torres and converted him from a 15+ goal a season striker to a 30+ goal a season striker.

Don't try to imply that Rafa doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to attacking players, it's plainly not true. Given the constraints he's been under he's done just fine.

It's fair to do a generic evaluation - a good way is to see how well they have done in comparison to the cost to the club...

Has Kuyt been a £10m striker?

Has Pennant been a £7m winger

Has Crouch been a £7m striker?

Has Babel been a £11m winger? (Rafa said he has been bought for the wing when he first signed)

That's £35m there... ie less than the cost of Ronaldo and Nistellroy....

But it doesn't end there... you have to add expectations of a "Liverpool" player into the mix too... I am not impressed with Rafa's attacking signings but obviously many of you are so we will probably have to agree to disagree.

You seem to be forgetting players like Forlan, Bellion etc

Remember Rafa is up against a team that can afford to spend 30m on Rooney, who as a striker can't even match the stats of SG.

Has Kuyt been a £10m striker? 1 in 4

Has Pennant been a £7m winger 1 in 25

Has Crouch been a £7m striker? 1 in 3

Has Babel been a £11m winger? 1 in 5

With the exception of Pennant i would say all of the players you list have been worth there fee in regards Goals return and Pennant was never bought to score goals but make them for others

Everton paid 10m for A Johnson and i wouldnt swap Kuyt for him

Rooney cost 3 times as much as Kuyt. Is his record 3 times better? Hell, no!

STOP FUCKING QUOTING RASHID

ps - Rashid would never bring up Forlan, Veron, etc because they don't fit his fucking agenda.

Sorry :(

He deserved a good ass kicking over the BS he was posting though and I wasn't sure how else to show him up for the fraud that he is without quoting him :(

Forgive me? My heart was in the right place :)

SpeedyG - you have been bigging up Hicks and you say I spout shit? Knob Jockey.

As for that bell Unrighteous, does the cunt not see the irony in him asking people not to quote me in one of MY threads? What a dick head.

I've NEVER "bigged up" Hicks. Show me where I have or withdraw your BS and make an apology.

Guest ian garro
Justify your position at the very least then.

Mate, for your own sake, and that of the rest of us, please dont bother. You've made a few good points there, but arguing with some people is pointless. He'll let this thread die and then start another one with exactly the same subtext in the morning....

It wasn't a dig, there would always be someone who comes on going on about us operating on a tight budget, to which I'd suggest we focus our minds on attacking players of talent and not yard dogs like Milner.

As for him being a sub, it's not relevant, he is young and still learning. He will be a great player of that there is no doubt...

There is always doubt.

Mate, for your own sake, and that of the rest of us, please dont bother. You've made a few good points there, but arguing with some people is pointless. He'll let this thread die and then start another one with exactly the same subtext in the morning....

I suspected as much, and hence bow to your superior wisdom :(

No sarcasm intended, just can't find a good smilie :handshake:

It's fair to do a generic evaluation - a good way is to see how well they have done in comparison to the cost to the club...

Has Kuyt been a £10m striker?

Has Pennant been a £7m winger

Has Crouch been a £7m striker?

Has Babel been a £11m winger? (Rafa said he has been bought for the wing when he first signed)

That's £35m there... ie less than the cost of Ronaldo and Nistellroy....

But it doesn't end there... you have to add expectations of a "Liverpool" player into the mix too... I am not impressed with Rafa's attacking signings but obviously many of you are so we will probably have to agree to disagree.

If Rafa had the same money as his rivals at least two of those players wouldn't even have been considered. When your rivals can bid 5/10M per player more than you you have to have a second or even third choice. Sadly for us this an all too frequent occurance.

He's a sub because he doesn't fit into Perrin's system and got a raw with his manager.

He's a good player, not as good as Benzema, but he is a definite high potential, nothing to do with players like ALT or Sinama who did nothing in the French league !

But he has a very strong personnality and it is said no one can stand hime in the team, doesn't sound as if he would be an obvous target for Rafa !

This young lad from Lyon is probably on of the best dribblers in Europe and definitely has the potential to be the next Ronaldo. He has superb technique, can play the old fashioned winger or cut inside.

His technically brilliant and Arsenal are close to agreeing a bargain £11m for him. I think he is worth £15m plus. Lyon love money and to haggle so we should guzump them otherwise we will be crying in 2 years time because he will be big time.

Before anyone cries about us not having money, maybe we could use the Barry and Milner money, or sell Crouch, Riise etc to raise it?

£11m? What a bargain.

How do you know he'll cost £11m

Silva is probably the more rounded of the two but Arfa probably has more natural ability... but then Silvs is more of a number 10 while Arfa is an old fashioned winger. I'd prefer Ben Arfa.

Will the PL allow him to show his natural ability? If we stick with the current formation, do we need an old fashioned winger? What side does Arfa play on left or right. I want a left footed winger playing on the left. None of this cutting in onto your stronger foot horse shit.