You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The latest London drama...

Chris

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making any fucking money, it's sucked all back into this economy. I'll being paid 33% more than I was in Liverpool, yet I'm far, far, far worse off.

Because the cost of living there is so unjustifiably high?

I'm not making any fucking money, it's sucked all back into this economy. I'll being paid 33% more than I was in Liverpool, yet I'm far, far, far worse off.

BUT there is more to see and do in London anywhere else. You pay for the location, it's the same with all the top cities in the world. You also start by being paid 33% extra, and that 33% has a far higher chance of increasing in the future in London than it does anywhere else. So you takes your chance.

You visited Brick Lane for a curry yet?

You visited Brick Lane for a curry yet?

I went there last week when a few foreign chums were over here visiting. Amazing. We turned down one end of the road and were thinking "Where the feck are they all...?"

Within 100 metres every second shop was a curry house. The only hard part is choosing which one as they've all got 'winner of whatever curry shenanigan 2008' written in their windows.

The one we found ourselves in was amazing though and now I'm going to have to go back to tick them all off my list.

What is it that makes you think that you can call people names and then attempt to converse with them on any kind of level outside that? Why would I be interested in talking to you about Brick Lane and curries?

You called me names first, I called you something back. YOU should be the last person on here preaching about conversation etiquette. I also can't be doing with hating people on a forum... I quickly forget how much of a wanker someone is.

I went there last week when a few foreign chums were over here visiting. Amazing. We turned down one end of the road and were thinking "Where the feck are they all...?"

Within 100 metres every second shop was a curry house. The only hard part is choosing which one as they've all got 'winner of whatever curry shenanigan 2008' written in their windows.

The one we found ourselves in was amazing though and now I'm going to have to go back to tick them all off my list.

Cafe Naz is the best there... the oldest there is the Clifton. I love it there, I love East London.

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. How can it be? London has a much, much larger population than Liverpool. And a massive gang problem.

When you check the Crime Statistics: ALL CRIME for England & Wales Apr 2005 - Mar 2006 you will see it is significantly higher in London. And that's saying something when you consider the number of people in London who are not accountable and the sheer volumes who come into London from outside to commit crime.

Fuck off will you, and don't talk to me. Oh, and for the record, Brick Lane is a filthy shit hole from one end to the other with shitty salesmen hassling people to come and eat their equally shitty food.

Brick Lane is the most famous Asian Road in London, people rich and poor, famous and no marks (like you) go there every day. I guess you have been to all of the restaurants to know the food is shitty. You're not great at this debate lark are you?

EDIT: I guess Hamburgers with Mustard is more your thing.... or is it Hot Dog?

Brick Lane is a filthy shit hole from one end to the other with shitty salesmen hassling people to come and eat their equally shitty food.

While there are some people hassling you to get you in their places saying it's shitty food just to have a go at someone here isn't right. Relatively cheap down there as well due to the level of competition.

Oh right, so it's Johnny Foreigner going to London to rob pineapples from fruit stalls that's pushing up the cime figures?

A lot of people in England, outside of London, come into London and commit crime. London has more "visitors" than any city in Europe.

I am saying London crime is distorted by the sheer volume of visitors on day trips. The normal residential areas has crime on a par with the rest of the country.

And of course, you have statistical data to back this up.

I don't care about the crime, about the cultural melting pot etc. I think it's the most 'westernised' place on the planet. It's all about money & success and seems to have a very narrow perspective as to what life is all about. I can't imagine a less symbiotic place existing.

I don't expect you to understand this Rashid.