You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hicks really is a spiteful cunt, yet another face-saving personal shitstorm!

Hicks had been irked by Parry’s claims that the Texan’s call for his resignation was “offensive” and responded by leaking reports of the meeting with Klinsmann.

“I didn’t hear Rick Parry say it was offensive when George gave his radio interview telling the world our relationship had become unbearable,” Hicks said. “When the Klinsmann story broke, I didn’t hear Rick Parry or George Gillett say that they were the ones that set up the meeting.

“Rick, George and Foster Gillett [the son of the owner and a member of the board] participated with my son, Tom Jr, and me in the meeting. Rick allowed all of the controversy to build without taking any responsibility.”

I can't wait for all of this to end, if it ever will.

What a bunch of cunts these two men have turned out to be. It's like a school fall out, but the stakes are so much higher. I'm stated a few times that the whole situation bores me, but the more I read, the more disgusted and angry I get.

Rafa is the only one holding us together.

Can you imagine if he wasn't there right now? An empty boadroom and constant three-way sniping in the press.

I swear if the head of the manc supporters association (London branch) had done a deal with the devil he couldn't have possibly put us in a worse situation than this.

I still blame Parry and Moores above all, Hicks is a cunt but it's in his nature, like the frog and the scorpion fable, but Parry with all his 'don't sell the family silver' bullshit should take the majority of the blame.

Dirk and co were posting warnings about these cunts over a year ago, some basic research would've given clues to what we were in for, but nobody at the top obviously gave enough of a shit to look.

I'm not taking anyones side as they're all cunts, but those comments by Rick Parry is just so stupid and fucking disgusting. "This continuous airing of issues in the media is clearly not helpful at this crucial stage of our season."

How thick does he think we are?

The fucking rat.

I wonder what the chances of any other EPL team accepting a takeover bid from American owners after what has gone on at Liverpool? Fulham maybe 'cause they're full of American players but would any other club seriously allow it to happen?. Nah!

See - its not all bad news!

When the Klinsmann story broke, I didn’t hear Rick Parry or George Gillett say that they were the ones that set up the meeting.

The story broke? You're the one who decided it was in the best interest of the club to make that public, Tom. Good call that, eh?

I'm sure it was revealed a long time ago that Parry was involved in these meetings with Klinsman.

Has this really JUST come out?

I can't believe Rafa is trying to convince people he's only just found out Parry was at the meetings. He knew Parry was in the States that week, what did he think he was doing, skiing? And there's no way Hicks wouldn't have told him exactly who was at the meeting.

I don't know why Rafa is making an issue out of it, but he obviously has a reason. Perhaps Parry told him he wasn't at the meeting, and now Hicks has gone public that he was, Rafa thinks he can make Parry squirm? I have no idea, I just feel that there's no way Rafa didn't already know about it, as there were plenty of people who knew.

I don't see why it's a big deal if he was there. He's employed by G&H so it's his job to be there if he's requested to. He has no choice. Parry being at the meeting isn't a stick to beat him with, it's irrelevant. The only reason I can think of why this could be an issue, is if Parry had denied attending the meeting, in which case I can see why Rafa would be pissed off.

I'm just sick of it all, it's getting worse by the day and fuck knows what else we have in store before we play Chelsea. All of them - Rafa included - need to just shut the fuck up now and sort their shit out between themselves, behind closed doors.

All of them - Rafa included - need to just shut the fuck up now and sort their shit out between themselves, behind closed doors.

It has gone beyond that stage now. I cannot see anything, absolutely anything, that can be repaired in the board right now.

Heads will roll soon. Whether it is Parry, Gillett and Moores or Hicks, Rafa and Ayre remains to be seen.

It is a huge mess.

I can't believe Rafa is trying to convince people he's only just found out Parry was at the meetings. He knew Parry was in the States that week, what did he think he was doing, skiing? And there's no way Hicks wouldn't have told him exactly who was at the meeting.

I don't know why Rafa is making an issue out of it, but he obviously has a reason. Perhaps Parry told him he wasn't at the meeting, and now Hicks has gone public that he was, Rafa thinks he can make Parry squirm? I have no idea, I just feel that there's no way Rafa didn't already know about it, as there were plenty of people who knew.

I don't see why it's a big deal if he was there. He's employed by G&H so it's his job to be there if he's requested to. He has no choice. Parry being at the meeting isn't a stick to beat him with, it's irrelevant. The only reason I can think of why this could be an issue, is if Parry had denied attending the meeting, in which case I can see why Rafa would be pissed off.

I'm just sick of it all, it's getting worse by the day and fuck knows what else we have in store before we play Chelsea. All of them - Rafa included - need to just shut the fuck up now and sort their shit out between themselves, behind closed doors.

In an ideal world they would do, but you just know Hicks is going to come out with something else before next Tuesday. Wouldnt surprise me of the cunt comes to the 1st leg.

Well maybe I've missed some more obvious quotes and I know this is how all the newspapers are reporting it but is that the actual reason Rafa is pissed off?

The quotes that I've read didn't say much besides "I'm surprised to hear some of these things and I'd like to know more, and would like to talk to the board"

Has Rafa said what he's actually pissed off about?

He apparently said: "'I am surprised at things I have read, I need some clarification about a meeting that took place involving a lot of people that I did now know about. 'I need to ask questions and I want some answers. I want to clarify things. I am really calm, but I want answers. What concerned me was the people who were in the meeting, that was a surprise."

Well maybe I've missed some more obvious quotes and I know this is how all the newspapers are reporting it but is that the actual reason Rafa is pissed off?

The quotes that I've read didn't say much besides "I'm surprised to hear some of these things and I'd like to know more, and would like to talk to the board"

Has Rafa said what he's actually pissed off about?

Yes. Rafa basically said that he was aware of the meeting with Klinsmann that took place last year but said he was surprised about some of the board members' presence in that meeting. It is clear he is talking about Parry.

I don't know what Rafa is upto.

Maybe he is making an issue out of it as he is about to leave club, I don't know for sure but have a gut feeling he is fed up of life at the circus and is ready to walk, even tho I have been critical of him in the past I hope I am wrong as their is only Mourinho who could come in and do as an effective job and their is no way him or any other top manager will come to the club in its current climate.