You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dean Saunders, bad biff!!

Newman

It amazes me how quick ex footballers (generally not the cleverest of blokes) are to offer up an opinion on shit they know nothing about.

Got a lift home today from a lad from work, he likes his talksport. I shit you not, Andy Townsend is running a phone in on whether national service should be compulsory. The mind boggles......

The total level of basic knowledge on this subject shown by some ex red pundits is baffling. They have not read anything in to the situation, apart from what SSN or the tabloid rags decide to print. Its quite a worrying situation, because it just backs up the theory that if you are not familiar with the various reports on the internet like we are, it is likely you will believe that the owners have done nothing wrong. You will see parrys quotes today on how the owners have backed the club with signings, the myth that 50million was "spent" last summer, and because you know no different you will believe it. Very worrying. Awareness needs to be raised, whether its through leaflet distribution at games or whatever, i dont know. I just wish people in such an influential position as a pundit would know what they where talking about.

It amazes me how quick ex footballers (generally not the cleverest of blokes) are to offer up an opinion on shit they know nothing about.

Got a lift home today from a lad from work, he likes his talksport. I shit you not, Andy Townsend is running a phone in on whether national service should be compulsory. The mind boggles......

The surreality of that made me laugh.

And Townsend is THE biggest prick known to man, the amount of shit that comes out of his mouth is incredible. I think hes the worst pundit in existence and I include Robbie Earle in that.

Come on, now Seamus...with what these two have achieved in both football and life, they deserve our respect.

And Townsend is THE biggest prick known to man, the amount of shit that comes out of his mouth is incredible. I think hes the worst pundit in existence and I include Robbie Earle in that.

Im not his biggest fan, but whenever he's on our ITV cl games, he always comes accross as being very complimetary of us. Dont usually here him spouting alot of the shite other arsehole pundits do.

I heard a bit of that before turning over in order to retain my sanity. Andy Townsend is a grade A cunt. An average pro who has retired and somehow managed to get a few media jobs despite having all the charisma of a keep left sign. Now all of a sudden he thinks he's a 'serious' journalist.

His knowledge of football isnt worth a wank, so why he thinks we should value his opinions on other issues he knows nothing about is a mystery to me. What an absolute cockend.

Come on, now Seamus...with what these two have achieved in both football and life, they deserve our respect.

Im sorry, your right, how could you not have respect for a man who turned down a job with his (fake) national team to concentrate on his media work :wink:

Jamie Redknapp is the worst pundit in existance, he would call Titus Bramble 'top class'

hate Robbie Earles voice though, and he's done nothing in football

Jamie Redknapp is the worst pundit in existance, he would call Titus Bramble 'top class'

hate Robbie Earles voice though, and he's done nothing in football

Thats got me thinking, wouldnt it be awesome if Titus Bramble became a pundit. Him, Townsend and Paul Merson giving expert opinion on all things footy.

I take that back, me mate has just reminded me of the existence of John Salako.