You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

A Time To Kill - 8/10

I've been meaning to watch this for ages. Glad I finally did, as it's brilliant. Compelling story and a stellar cast.

Weird how it took McCounaghey more than a decade after this film to start getting the best roles in top films.

• Upvote 1

Shoah

Documentary on the Holocaust, consisting primarily of interviews with victims, witnesses and perpetrators.

It's too much to take in all at once.

The part I watched today was about Chelmno, what happened there, and also the attitudes and experiences of the people who lived there in the '70s.

Harrowing, eerie and affecting.

14 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Shoah

Documentary on the Holocaust, consisting primarily of interviews with victims, witnesses and perpetrators.

It's too much to take in all at once.

The part I watched today was about Chelmno, what happened there, and also the attitudes and experiences of the people who lived there in the '70s.

Harrowing, eerie and affecting.

It's a heartbreaking film, that. I haven't managed to watch the whole thing, yet - I need to get back on the BFI Player to get back into the rest of it.

• Upvote 1

On 25/01/2024 at 10:09, John102 said:

Started watching some film called The Kitchen, which has Kano and Ian Wright in it. 

Lasted 10 mins and binned it off as it was dull.

First 10 mins - 4/10

Rest of film - Unknown

I Watched it in three separate sittings. Absolute shite ! Nice cameo role by Ian Wright as the estate pirate radio DJ.Dont waste your time with it,seriously. 

On 30/01/2024 at 03:20, halewood pete said:

I Watched it in three separate sittings. Absolute shite ! Nice cameo role by Ian Wright as the estate pirate radio DJ.Dont waste your time with it,seriously. 

That's disappointing, got told it was good in a Top Boy stylie.

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

That's disappointing, got told it was good in a Top Boy stylie.

If they said "stylie" chances are they think "Do The Right Thing" is the greatest rap song ever. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If they said "stylie" chances are they think "Do The Right Thing" is the greatest rap song ever. 

Ha ha, that was me!

Now best rap song has to be....'just say no' by the Grange Hill crew. Hard-core man.

Rewatched Killers of the Flower Moon yesterday, this time with my dad. Loved it even more now that the soundtrack didn't include Taylor Swift's concert film bleeding through from the auditorium next door.

• Upvote 3

Run & Gun - 0/10. Just fuck off, Netflix. How are you greenlighting this shit? I could write a better script and story than this. It’s fucking dire stuff. And the fact that you leave it open for a potential sequel displays fucking epic levels of delusion.

Yes people, I have once again suffered so you don’t have to. I told you the score with Rebel Moon and some of you didn’t listen. This time heed the warning.

Speak No Evil.

Danish couple on holiday in Italy with their young kid meet a Dutch couple also with a young child, bond over the holiday then when they get back home they accept an invitation to go stay with them in the Dutch countryside. 

There are three films that I list often that I acknowledge are good films but would never watch again, such was the ordeal in doing so; Martyrs, Requiem for a Dream and Eden Lake.

Getting into this film I was thinking that it was going to make and addition to the above, it's deeply unnerving with a sense of something is clearly going to happen and it won't be nice.

That does happen but the way it play out is so, so frustrating that it slightly spoils the overall film and the previous two thirds of build up. I have since read that it's a poke at Danish Middle class passiveness which still for me is not a good enough explanation for the ending.

6/10.

• Upvote 1

Titicut Follies. 3/5 A fly on the wall documentary from 1966 about the inmates/patients of a mental institution in America. It ended up being banned until the early '90s, as it was feared it would have provoked too much outrage. Really got the feeling the guards were on their "best behaviour", and it's a bit shocking the way they talk to the patients - if the way they're shown treating them with a camera on them is this, then I shudder to think how they behaved off-camera. Hopefully every one of them is now burning in Hell. 

32 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Speak No Evil.

Danish couple on holiday in Italy with their young kid meet a Dutch couple also with a young child, bond over the holiday then when they get back home they accept an invitation to go stay with them in the Dutch countryside. 

There are three films that I list often that I acknowledge are good films but would never watch again, such was the ordeal in doing so; Martyrs, Requiem for a Dream and Eden Lake.

Getting into this film I was thinking that it was going to make and addition to the above, it's deeply unnerving with a sense of something is clearly going to happen and it won't be nice.

That does happen but the way it play out is so, so frustrating that it slightly spoils the overall film and the previous two thirds of build up. I have since read that it's a poke at Danish Middle class passiveness which still for me is not a good enough explanation for the ending.

6/10.

Preferred the original with Richard Pryor

Lord Of Misrule - 6/10. Folk horror that benefits from Ralph Inneson and Sec 31 wank-favourite, Tuppence Middleton. Creepy rather than horrific. As is the case with these things, beware quiet, isolated English villages full of weirdos.

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Focus.

Will Smith as a smug con man & Margot Robbie as the eye candy. 3/10 for the film, 10/10 for the eye candy.

Anyone but Will Smith and that had potential to be a very good film. Instead he just reprises his cliche cool role and comes across like a bellend. Agreed on Robbie. She’s an absolute angel.