You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael the little twat owen

shouter

Owen is a Liverpool legend. I don't want him back like so many Reds seem to want to, and i was furious with the way he stabbed us in the back, but give him his due - the lad saved us on more occasions than I can remember. A true goal scoring master while he was a Red. Since leaving he's become a shell of his former self, and I don't mourn his current 'plight'.

We got the best out of him and those were great memories, now let's move the fuck on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalglish is a legend ,fowler is a legend ,owen is a little gobshite.

If you done for liverpool what owen did..

How would you feel if we called you a gobshite....

Come back when you contributed the same....

Too many people on here are too quick too slag past players that they now decide they dont like...

So you didnt go fucking mental when he won us the fa cup...

Wise up...

Its easy to sit that side of a pc and slag off past heros...

Fuking boils my piss....

If you done for liverpool what owen did..

How would you feel if we called you a gobshite....

Come back when you contributed the same....

Too many people on here are too quick too slag past players that they now decide they dont like...

So you didnt go fucking mental when he won us the fa cup...

Wise up...

Its easy to sit that side of a pc and slag off past heros...

Fuking boils my piss....

mmmmmmm...boiled piss

I don't see why everyone is so angry with him. If you consider the fact that the club was a mess after Houllier added with the chance to play with Zidane, Figo etc. I can totally understand his decision to leave.

The problem is that he played the waiting game with the club, stating he would sign and how he loved the club. Then when he decided to fuck right off to Madrid the price had come way down because of the near expiration of his contract at Liverpool. Owen probably got a very nice paycheck from Madrid, whilst Liverpool got 8 million for a player they refused to sell for 25 million a year earlier.

If he had been up front with the club and asked for a transfer when we could have gotten close to a record breaking transfer fee then fine, but the way he engineered the whole transfer to Madrid has altered my opinion of him big time....

He was a great player for us, but Owen alone is responsible for the way he is viewed by a lot of Liverpool fans today....

And BTW I feel even worse regarding McManaman.....

The problem is that he played the waiting game with the club, stating he would sign and how he loved the club. Then when he decided to fuck right off to Madrid the price had come way down because of the near expiration of his contract at Liverpool. Owen probably got a very nice paycheck from Madrid, whilst Liverpool got 8 million for a player they refused to sell for 25 million a year earlier.

If he had been up front with the club and asked for a transfer when we could have gotten close to a record breaking transfer fee then fine, but the way he engineered the whole transfer to Madrid has altered my opinion of him big time....

He was a great player for us, but Owen alone is responsible for the way he is viewed by a lot of Liverpool fans today....

And BTW I feel even worse regarding McManaman.....

The big diffrence between Owen and Macca leaving is the fact we tried to off load Maca to Barca behind his back.He never wanted to leave but because of the way the club were doing the dirty on him I can't blame him.Owen on the hand is totally diffrent he stalled and stalled on new contract but said he loved Liverpool ,then as soon as madrid said they were intrested off he goe's and if that wasn't wasnt bad enough he trys to come back to us and fuks off to barcodes instead.I totally agree Owen saved us many a time and was a awesome player for us but the way he left then tried to come back only to shit on us again says it all really.

I don't think you can blame Michael Owen 100% for the way he left us. Surely Rick Parry's apathy has to get some blame? We should be tough with our players - offer them deals when they've at least two years to go, or flog them, unless we're happy to lose money.

All the big players we have at the moment were offered new deals this summer, or were already on long enough contracts. The ones that weren't are the ones that perhaps we don't mind losing.

Owen's contract situation should have been ironed out 12 months before he left, not left so late in the summer. And if he'd refused to sign a deal then (was he ever offered one?) then we should have told him he was being offered out for sale.

I have said for years that Parry is utterly incompetent, and the Owen McManaman transfers were at the top of my mind.... No player should be able to hold the club for ransom, either sign or you are off.....

However, they both lost my repect when they decided to leave for a cut price and on a free......

Robinson would have been the main man when McManaman was going on I think. Parry spent a couple of years working with/under him, but never took over in full until after GH started. By which time McManaman had long made up his mind.

While Owen leaving was in some ways his doing, I think Rafa was also pretty clever about it. He knew Owens people were talking to clubs, and also knew he'd not afford Xabi and Garcia without getting shot. If the stuff I have read is true, while visiting the reds players in Portugal (ostensibly to persuade Gerrard and Owen to stay on) he paid little or no attention to Owen.

The hostility towards Michael Owen fuckin amazes me. I remember goin to anfield watchin him as the leading light in a sometimes mediocre team (prior to gerrard). Without his goals at times fuck knows where he would have been. Yeah he had a lack of balls not callin madrids bluff and fuckin newcastle off but leaving us is probably something he will regret for the rest of his life. Cant believe the way people talk about him.