You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BioShock - the next big game before Crysis

wiiksie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered from GAME yesterday afternoon and was woken at 7:45 this morning by the postie delivering it, so mine deffo arrived.

Of course, I can't play the game yet cos I need a new graphics card, but still.

(Actually probably just as well I can't play it yet, if rumours of the Internet authentication server crashing are true. GG hamfisted copyright protection systems!)

I preordered from GAME yesterday afternoon and was woken at 7:45 this morning by the postie delivering it, so mine deffo arrived.

Of course, I can't play the game yet cos I need a new graphics card, but still.

(Actually probably just as well I can't play it yet, if rumours of the Internet authentication server crashing are true. GG hamfisted copyright protection systems!)

Yeah been reading about that - sounds liek a shocker.

It's a beautiful game but it's plot is takes a terrible downturn. Waste of an excellent premise.

I must admit, once you get past the really well done art deco underwater city thing, and the fantastic plasmid idea, it did underwhelm me a bit. But I'm only a couple of hours in so I'll wait and see...

I must admit, once you get past the really well done art deco underwater city thing, and the fantastic plasmid idea, it did underwhelm me a bit. But I'm only a couple of hours in so I'll wait and see...

Trust me, when you've played the whole game you'll be as annoyed at the missed chance and waste of premise as me.

I finished it last night and felt slightly cheated. I think I may have been expecting a bigger game.

Same here. I finished it last night. I think it has suffered from too much hype. It is a fantastic game, its just that it has been raved about being the best thing since sliced bread and nothing can live up to the amount of hype that it has received.

It's ace.

Played it through again to get the "nice" ending (ie not harvesting any Little Sisters).

Anyone releasing games should take a look at this to see where the bar has been set. The atmosphere, plot, attention to detail. It's fabulous. The sheer ambition may not quite be matched when you play it all the way through, but at least they had some.

OK, it's not perfect, and if you strip away all the gloss, what you have left is a decent FPS with OK combat. But that misses the point. You DON'T strip it all away. What you play is the whole package.

It's a great achievement and a wonderful vision.

Would that all games aimed this high.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, just the movie at the end. There's 3 endings but two are almost identical but for the tone of the narrator. Ones a "happy" ending which you saw, ones a "sad" ending if you forget or harvest a few and ones a "bad/angry" ending if you harvest them all. You can see all the endings on youtube if you can't be arsed to play through it again.

I'm glad I finished it because the end levels are good and there's an explanation. I stopped playing because I'd become bored of the middle levels and the story line.

I enjoyed it. It does get a bit repetitive after half way through and it is pretty easy but apart from that it was a top game. I got all the achievements apart from 2 in 1 play. I also only got the nice ending i couldn’t bring myself to kill the sisters.

Iv just got Medal of Honor Airborne and I managed to get the beta version of COD4 which is quite good.

Just managed to snaffle a copy of both Bioshock and MOH Airborne. Both excellent-looking games. Loving the Fritz Lang atmosphere of Bioshock so far, the only downside is that it does give me the feeling I could do with lashing out on a better video card.

Both games run OK on my 7600, but they could run so much better with an 8800...

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...