You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISP Help

Elmyn Noos

I know there's a few spock-eared IT monkeys hang around here, so between conventions, I was hoping for a little advice. In return, I will pretend to be your real, as opposed to virtual, friend for no longer than 12 hours.

I bought a domain name for my business from a bunch of useless conning twats called 123-reg, who are part of Pipex I believe. I got what they call a pop box for my email as part of a deal.

Since I set this up, randomly selected incoming emails have been taking up to 24 hours to hit my Outlook inbox, and on occasion, like today, outgoing emails have arrived three times in the inbox of people I have sent messages to.

Emails to them have been ignored, and so I had to phone their thieving 50p/min jokeline where some comedian pretty much said "yeah, we're shit aren't we".

My gut reaction is to go to BT, as although I know they will be a little costlier, it's important for my business that my email runs smoothly and efficiently. so two questions..

1. Anyone know if BT Business is any good for this sort of thing? I don't need masses of storage, remote access, wireless whatsit - I just need to be able to get messages at work.

2. Anyone know anyone who works at 123-reg that I can take my frustration out on with my fists?

Honestly mate, at the moment, I could get messages quicker to people by employing Huggy Bear to just put the word on the street.

Isn't that what is commonly known as a unique selling point? It would certainly be very, very cool. I say fuck technology and go with the pimped out option.