You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blair slams jocks for attacking England fans

Section_31

Mirror

BLAIR SLAMS RACIST YOBS

TONY Blair yesterday condemned thugs who attacked a boy of seven and a disabled man in Scotland because they were wearing England shirts.

Anne Begg, Aberdeen Labour MP, asked the PM to join the "vast majority" of Scots who were horrified by the beatings.

Mr Blair replied at Prime Minister's Question Time: "I am sure everybody condemns what was an appalling and totally unjustifiable attack."

Hugo Clapshaw, seven, was having a kick about with his New Zealand-born dad in an Edinburgh when a yob swore and punched him in the head.

Hugo said: "I am still going to wear the top. My mum bought it for me."

Dad Damon, 34, said: "He might decide next week to support Argentina. It's not about race, he's just a kid."

Disabled Ian Smith, 41, who was wearing an England shirt and had a St George's Cross, was dragged from his car in Aberdeen. Ian, from Peterborough, Cambs, said: "I've lived in Aberdeen for years but this is the first time I've ever suffered a physical racist attack."

Scottish First Minister Jack McConnell, who had claimed he was backing Trinidad and Tobago, said through a spokesman: "They are mindless acts of violence."

Shitbags, Mel Gobson would be appalled - send in the Paras!

What a bunch of felchers. Attacking a kid and a disabled bloke, must have made them feel really patriotic.

Unfortunately there are some Scots (and Welsh) who seemingly measure their patriotism not by the great contrubutions both countries have made to the World but by how much they hate England/the English.

Sad really. I'm half-Scouse/half-Scot and I don't hate England. My dad was Scottish and didn't hate England at all.

I remember my mum telling me (as he died when I was a kid) that he always said was "there will always be an England... as long as Scotland stands behind it." ;)

Unfortunately there are some Scots (and Welsh) who seemingly measure their patriotism not by the great contrubutions both countries have made to the World but by how much they hate England/the English.

Sad really. I'm half-Scouse/half-Scot and I don't hate England. My dad was Scottish and didn't hate England at all.

I remember my mum telling me (as he died when I was a kid) that he always said was "there will always be an England... as long as Scotland stands behind it." ;)

Very few of us can be described as pure anything anymore, pure English, Scouse, Welsh whatever.

We are a multi-cultural society. Apparently........

So you're English, then? Goodo. :whistle:

Very few of us can be described as pure anything anymore, pure English, Scouse, Welsh whatever.

We are a multi-cultural society. Apparently........

I have Welsh, Scottish and English Great-Grandparents; well I would if they were alive. It's all a load of my arse.

I don't know why the UK doesn't just split up and go its seperate ways, then wales and Scotland can both leach of the EU the way the Irish Republic does. What should I give a shit? There's virtually no oil or gas left in the north sea anyway!

We're talking Tony "We have a special relationship don't we George" Blair here. He's a bit slow on some things.

But they do have a "special relationship". Tony's the woman.

George, like any good Christian would rather give than receive.