You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eto'o - we followed the red's example!

Zippy

Larsson ecstatic at Barca finale

Larsson is moving to his hometown club Helsingborg

Swedish striker Henrik Larsson was ecstatic after setting up the two late goals which won Barcelona the Champions League in his last game for the club.

"It was an unbelievable way for me to finish my career at Barca," said the former Celtic striker after Barcelona beat Arsenal 2-1 in Paris.

"I have had a fantastic experience here in my two years with two league titles and now this. It's amazing."

Portuguese midfielder Deco added: "It's a historic achievement for the club."

Samuel Eto'o, who scored the equaliser on 76 minutes before Juliano Belletti's winner, said Barcelona had been inspired by Liverpool's recovery from 3-0 down in last season's Champions League final against AC Milan.

"We never thought the game was lost," said the Cameroon striker.

"After having seen what Liverpool did last year we told ourselves not to throw in the towel. We followed Liverpool's example.

"In the final you can't doubt yourselves.

"The final's played right up to the last whistle. We covered ourselves in the spirit of Liverpool."

Barcelona's former Arsenal defender Giovanni van Bronckhorst said winning the final against his ex-team-mates had been particularly emotional.

"It's special to win the final, and even more special to do it against your old team," he said.

"It felt a bit strange but I am happy to be on the winning side.

"It means a lot, the team has worked hard to win this prize. It is only the second time the club has won it.

"We have had a great season, we are the champions of Spain and now this."

Before Wenger came out with that sh*te I'd have wanted them to win. However in light of his "Millwall" and "5th-placed team shoudn't be allowed to defend their trophy" comments I am glad they got beat.

For me Arsehole Wenger is as bigger cunt as Moronho. He's just a sly slimey fucker.

Viva la Barca :D

Before Wenger came out with that sh*te I'd have wanted them to win. However in light of his "Millwall" and "5th-placed team shoudn't be allowed to defend their trophy" comments I am glad they got beat.

My sentiments exactly. That comment by Wenger has completely soured my view of Arsenal, a team towards whom I would normally bear very little ill will.

Henry's comments were straight after the whistle, you can understand them being emotional and unrational. plus the ref was rubbish so whichever team lost will have seen the mistakes and put the blame there it is only natural.

never seen a poorer refereeing performance ever i dont think.

When did he make the Millwall comment?

What was the quote exactly?

‘The championship has to be our absolute priority as you cannot make the Champions League as the priority,’ he insisted.

‘Why would we change our style? Liverpool were one minute away from going out (before Steven Gerrard’s winner against Olympiakos) and who knows if the ball was in or not against Chelsea?

‘Liverpool deserve a lot of credit and have shown a lot of courage, but the championship is the only competition where the quality of the team is reflected after 38 games.

‘The Champions League has now completely become a cup competition (without a second group stage),’ added Wenger, whose side face holders United in the FA Cup final on May 21.

‘Everybody can win it. Last year you had Porto and Monaco. Every year you will have two different teams in the final because it is so open.

‘It’s like last year, when Millwall were in the FA Cup final. Next year, you could have Coventry.

‘Liverpool deserve all the congratulations but it’s difficult to draw the conclusion that they are dominating European football.’

:whistle:

:whistle:

Liverpool deserve a lot of credit and have shown a lot of courage, but the championship is the only competition where the quality of the team is reflected after 38 games

So, that 15 points they finished behind us in the league show that we are by far the better team eh Wengie boy? I am so glad they lost, bunch of twats.

Guest dragonfly

"we covered ourselves in the spirit of liverpool" the man is a poetic genius, it's sound almost biblical. would love him at anfield but doubt we could afford him.

"Can I take your order mr Wenger?"

"yes, to start Id like humble pie, followed by a main course of humble pie. Oh, and an extra large helping of humble pie for dessert please".

The waiter:

"May I suggest a side order of sour grapes , Mr Wenger" :whistle: