You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adidas To Buy Reebok

Red Nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adidas have said the Reebok brand will remain in place.

i am sure it will but presumably where adidas have its strengh say football then the design and marketing of that product would be taken over by Adidas even if it had the reebok name on it, There will be an economy of scale ,in other words quite a lot of people will lose there jobs

Guest Gazmo25
Look 5 posts up... ;)....did anyone other than spurs use Le coq sportif in england?

Everton were with Le Coq Sportif for about 3 or 4 years in the mid 80's, wore a Le Coq Sportif kit when we beat them in '86. They still make football kits but they are not as big a company as they once were so they make a lot of mediocre teams shirts (Wolves, Hibs, Sheff Utd)

Also made the Senegal top when Diouf and Diao came to fame....

32_1_b.JPG

ive got a real madrid shirt(last seasons) and the current Liverpool and 03/04 one and you can just see and feel the difference , Reals is far classier, our kit and reebok are poor quality, the bit round the neck looks like its been done on your mums sewing machine, what exactly is that for by the way? it looks crap just like the 03/04 shirt looked crap and cheap

Get Adidas in, if not them then Nike, i know its not really that important but it dosnt give the right impression, all the other big teams have Adidas or Nike where we are stuck down with Bolton & Aston Villa

ive got a real madrid shirt(last seasons) and the current Liverpool and 03/04 one and you can just see and feel the difference , Reals is far classier, our kit and reebok are poor quality, the bit round the neck looks like its been done on your mums sewing machine, what exactly is that for by the way? it looks crap just like the 03/04 shirt looked crap and cheap

Get Adidas in, if not them then Nike, i know its not really that important but it dosnt give the right impression, all the other big teams have Adidas or Nike where we are stuck down with Bolton & Aston Villa

Remember our Adidas kits from the early nineties though? They were crap in the extreme - those ones with the three diagonal stripes on the shoulder and shorts? Probably still worn by half the teams in eastern europe.

Remember our Adidas kits from the early nineties though? They were crap in the extreme - those ones with the three diagonal stripes on the shoulder and shorts? Probably still worn by half the teams in eastern europe.

yeah i agree. most of our kits were shite under adidas. the 1st one or 2 were alright, but it was all downhill from there.

During the vast majority of our dominance in the 1970's up to the mid 80's our kits were made by umbro. They are the kits I remember with the most fondness and some of them were my favourite kits to this day. And they were a proper red colour.

Got to agree with the majority here though, our kits under Reebok have been crap.

Guest Gazmo25
Was it Greenhoff running away after his goal with the worlds biggest Admiral motif on his horrible Manc shirt? Manc Twat.

Thats him, Cunt. As I put on an earlier thread I used to work in merchandising. Remember speaking to a buyer at our company who was a big Man City fan, Admiral tried to reinvent itself in the late 90's (started sponsoring Black Grape and things like that, did a range of polo shirts for England Hooligans as well) as a big retro brand in the same way that Puma did. He actually told the Admiral rep that our company would have fuck all to do with them due to them sponsoring Man Utd in the 70's. Think he also was allowed to do that on the basis that Admiral was shit then and it is shit now, should disapear into a hole with Bukta!

Bukta.... fuckin hell did they do soton in the mid 80's? I remeber a lad at West Derby Comp who had a Bukta top in games when he should of had the regulation blue with a shitty yellow band rugby top! I was dead envious didn't have the balls to rebel in those days.

Guest Gazmo25
Bukta.... fuckin hell did they do soton in the mid 80's? I remeber a lad at West Derby Comp who had a Bukta top in games when he should of had the regulation blue with a shitty yellow band rugby top! I was dead envious didn't have the balls to rebel in those days.

I remember them sponsoring Palace when they beat us in the '90 SF, think they just disapeared after that. Going back to the main thread, my main gripe about Reebok is that it is not a football brand. IMO you have got Adidas, Puma and Umbro (Kappa at a push)

Also as well Drew, my ex (we're still good friends!) bought me the 1974 Cup Final recently and Newcastle are wearing Bukta that day. They come out in Purple Tracksuit tops with Gold Piping, similar to what Goldmember wore in Austin Powers 3...

23984M.jpg

Obviously in Purple rather than gold though.

I remember them sponsoring Palace when they beat us in the '90 SF, think they just disapeared after that. Going back to the main thread, my main gripe about Reebok is that it is not a football brand. IMO you have got Adidas, Puma and Umbro (Kappa at a push)

Also as well Drew, my ex (we're still good friends!) bought me the 1974 Cup Final recently and Newcastle are wearing Bukta that day. They come out in Purple Tracksuit tops with Gold Piping, similar to what Goldmember wore in Austin Powers 3...

23984M.jpg

Obviously in Purple rather than gold though.

I feel sick :sick: