You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sparta Prague (A) - EL R16, 1st leg - Thu 7th Mar 2024 (5:45pm)

It's absolutely insane that MacAllister is running towards the halfway line and not only foresees the pass, but then has to play it, at a sharp angle behind him, landing it perfectly into Darwin's path, who doesn't have to break stride.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

It's absolutely insane that MacAllister is running towards the halfway line and not only foresees the pass, but then has to play it, at a sharp angle behind him, landing it perfectly into Darwin's path, who doesn't have to break stride.

It floats like he's just chipping it onto a putting green. Crazy.

37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Xabi-esque 

What it is a great sign of, like many of us had been saying, the midfield needs to get used to the runs Nunez makes. Last year just didn't count, partly because he played different positions, but mainly because our current midfield were mostly playing at other clubs with different forwards. When people were wetting their pants about Nunez offsides, it was just a question of midfielders getting the ball forward more quickly. The runs were good, the midfield just needed to realise he made them every time. That's what we're seeing now. Macca knew that run was going to happen, he just needed to find a way to play the pass. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What it is a great sign of, like many of us had been saying, the midfield needs to get used to the runs Nunez makes. Last year just didn't count, partly because he played different positions, but mainly because our current midfield were mostly playing at other clubs with different forwards. When people were wetting their pants about Nunez offsides, it was just a question of midfielders getting the ball forward more quickly. The runs were good, the midfield just needed to realise he made them every time. That's what we're seeing now. Macca knew that run was going to happen, he just needed to find a way to play the pass. 

I said it last night, but I had no doubts he’d score that.

Much more composed and less rushed and that really is a team effort and a sign of the understanding developing.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

What’s with the few bars of the Mr Whippy tune? It’s making me want ice cream.

I was really stoned last night whist watching and several times looked out the window to see what was going on.....

14 hours ago, Fugitive said:

@Bjornebye loves him though, the weirdo.

Most probably fucked him. 

• Haha 2

I had a meeting in work today with managers showing a new intranet site they're going to launch. I got a few confused looks when I pointed out that the background colour scheme matched the Sparta keeper's kit 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I had a meeting in work today with managers showing a new intranet site they're going to launch. I got a few confused looks when I pointed out that the background colour scheme matched the Sparta keeper's kit 

That GK was a bit shit too.

• Upvote 1