You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BUY SOME FUCKING PLAYERS

BeefStroganoff

I'm sick and tired of this every fucking season.

We have the ability to win more trophies here but we are undermined by injury, fatigue and lack of options, time and fucking time again.

Stop making us live on the fucking edge season to season.

We've now lost Tsmikas long term along with Robertson and Matip. The bench is full of kids and goalkeepers and we are having to push players to the limit again in order to compete.

Gravenberch needs time to bed in so he stops getting muscle injuries. Slzoboslai is out on his feet. Salah cant run like he used to.

We had Arsenal there until we made changes but we have to because everyone is fucking out on their feet. This wouldn't be a problem if we had a much more rounded squad of players.

Get a CB. Get a RB. Get a DM. Fuck, go out and buy Salah replacement. Just go and buy the players we need to compete instead of drip, drip, drip every fucking season.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

We actually have a bunch of depth in the 1st team, the issue is that we haven't bought a true difference maker in a long time.

Buying more players will do nothing unless it's a top, top player.

And where is this depth you speak of? As ive said its only December and we are on our knees with fatigue and injury.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And where is this depth you speak of? As ive said its only December and we are on our knees with fatigue and injury.

You're another one of these people who thinks you can have unlimited footballers in a squad, aren't you.

The problem is we have too many merely decent players and not enough top quality, reliable ones. 

• Upvote 2

For me our problem is we have too many players who miss too much football due to injury and as a result our 'depth' is more on paper than reality.

Add in the expected what is 'normal' injuries that all sides get and a couple of unlucky injuries on top and we are constantly and have been now for a few years stretched.

It isn't about numbers of players - it is about having players whose availability is up to the mark - we have too many whose availability just isn't.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're another one of these people who thinks you can have unlimited footballers in a squad, aren't you.

The problem is we have too many merely decent players and not enough top quality, reliable ones. 

Unlimited footballers? No we needed to replace players in the summer and we didn't. We let more go than what we got in.

This isn't fucking Ligue 1. We are going in on four fronts with a load of internationals. We know the score, but we didn't do enough in the summer.

Whose missing? Mac Allister, Robbo and Jota and Matip. That barely covers the bench. Forget Thiago.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Unlimited footballers? No we needed to replace players in the summer and we didn't. We let more go than what we got in.

This isn't fucking Ligue 1. We are going in on four fronts with a load of internationals. We know the score, but we didn't do enough in the summer.

Whose missing? Mac Allister, Robbo and Jota and Matip. That barely covers the bench. Forget Thiago.

We tried to buy a 110m footballer and ended up with a 30 year old from a struggling German club and a player who wasn't living up to his potential. According to you, we should be better off because 2 is bigger than 1.

8 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

We are going to be very short in January considering that Salah and Endo are on International duty.

Ideally we'd sign three players, one for each area.

Something like Kelly, Palhinha and a forward.

Dint rate Kelly and he'd never be worth the money Bournemouth wold want considering he only has 6 months left. 

Issue we'd have is non home grown players aswell

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

For me our problem is we have too many players who miss too much football due to injury and as a result our 'depth' is more on paper than reality.

Add in the expected what is 'normal' injuries that all sides get and a couple of unlucky injuries on top and we are constantly and have been now for a few years stretched.

It isn't about numbers of players - it is about having players whose availability is up to the mark - we have too many whose availability just isn't.

That’s all true enough.

Also, Klopp always says he wants a small squad, so it’s on him a bit if those players include Matip, Jota, Jones and a few others who’ll always miss 15+ games a season. Henderson and Fabinho weren’t reliable either in terms of fitness. Not even going to mention Thiago. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Dint rate Kelly and he'd never be worth the money Bournemouth wold want considering he only has 6 months left. 

Issue we'd have is non home grown players aswell

Kelly would count as home grown. We could get him for a decent fee.

We can unregister Matip to free up another spot too.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

That’s all true enough.

Also, Klopp always says he wants a small squad, so it’s on him a bit if those players include Matip, Jota, Jones and a few others who’ll always miss 15+ games a season. Henderson and Fabinho weren’t reliable either in terms of fitness. Not even going to mention Thiago. 

You just can't carry passengers like Thiago especially when want to have a relatively lean squad - he is partly responsible for us breaking Bajcetic and then on top of that his unavailability puts additional stress on others/limits our ability to rotate and make changes.

It isn't as if he has just been unlucky and had one bad injury - he has consistently been unavailable for around if not more than half our games in his time here and he has now clocked up not far off a year since he last started for us and it will probably tick round to very close to a year by time he does again - if he does.

Then back to the original point as we both say we have just had too many players who miss too much football.

We also have some lousy luck - Mac Allister for example literally hardly ever missed a game for Brighton - he is here for less than half a season and is potentially on sidelines for weeks at a really busy part of season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

yep, it's not great.  I'll be surprised if we buy anyone in Jan though.

Yep, sadly. We probably could do with 3 players. We need a defender obviously. I think we need a 6. I think we needed both of them clear as day in the summer. Jota can't stay fit. It looks like Diaz has gone off injured today. And the 6th forward, doak, won't play again this season. Oh and Salah fucks off in little more than a week for a month and the last time he came back from that tournament it took him more than a year to recover. In fact it could be argued he's never recovered. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

That was clear in the summer though we were carrying these players who can barely give you a game. We're now down to 4 defenders and quansah. Konate can't play twice a week without breaking down. So it's really 3.5 defenders and a kid. And Gomez hardly has a track record of his body holding out under pressure. If we want to keep players like konate and thiago, we need to have an entire 25 man squad of senior players. 

We can win this league if we show some ambition in the transfer window. Arsenal don't baulk at spending on areas they know will make them better, they aren't state owned. We need the left side sorted. We need a forward who is actually clinical, personally I'd love Ivan Toney but I don't think the club would like the price, Arsenal would pay it because they have ambitions of winning the league. Arsenal are on my mind purely because we just played them and going big on Rice was what they needed, I think if they go big on Toney that could well be the thing that pushes them over the edge.

I think we can make a challenge for the league more likely by fucking off pep Ljinders experiment and playing with a right back as a right back offering width but that's a different whine. If we are a team in development then we have to keep developing and buy some players, we are nearly men because we never do enough each window. It's looking more likely that the frailties all fans were saying last summer will cost  us are coming into fruition as usual. We cant be saying this is a team in transition and then doing fuck all when the window opens. It's like you stop building your house when it's raining saying you need dry weather and then when the sun comes out you fuck off to the beach.

Christ what I'd give for a clinical forward, I dont count Jota he's mr purple patch and nearly always out injured and it seems to always be forever, he could bruise a toe and be out for half his career.