You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - EFL Cup Quarter Final, Wed 20th Dec 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Guaranteed two things there. A fight with a load of Warrington farts and a shag. Superb place. Friday nights were for Warrington or St Helens, Saturday for town or the Paradox. Oh to be young again. 

Oh no my Mrs went out to St Helens every weekend.

Just checked again she went on a Saturday so don't need to worry about you

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Well considering I thought it was a garbage team that was quite enjoyable.

Still some weirdness in attack. Gakpo especially and Nunez still not effecting the game.

I'm the other way around, liked the team but wasn't into what happened there apart from Szobo's great goal. Something just seems off in the final third.

Good half that, the best we’ve played in a while. Good pressing and we’ve outrun them in midfield, which meant they got nothing on the counter.

Fluent and effortless build up play. What has been missing is the cutting edge, decision making and calmness in the final third, which means we haven’t created enough big chances. But keep going like this, and it’s a big step in the right direction performance wise.

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Oh no my Mrs went out to St Helens every weekend.

Just checked again she went on a Saturday so don't need to worry about you

Phew. Nexus, The Forum, The Plaza and the one where you go down the stairs at the top of the high street. Always a good laugh. The Bullion that's it. 

Starting to like Endo in the anchor man role. He’s happy to sit in between the two centre backs and just keep it simple and help us progress play swiftly with snappy passes into midfield. 

I think Quansah did well for the goal too. Read the play really well to be in the right place to intercept their attacking pass. 

A decent performance. A nice early second goal would be nice though. One worry is if Ward-Prowse comes on as it looks quite windy and he could cause problems with his free kicks in those conditions. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Starting to like Endo in the anchor man role. He’s happy to sit in between the two centre backs and just keep it simple and help us progress play swiftly with snappy passes into midfield. 

I think Quansah did well for the goal too. Read the play really well to be in the right place to intercept their attacking pass. 

A decent performance. A nice early second goal would be nice though. One worry is if Ward-Prowse comes on as it looks quite windy and he could cause problems with his free kicks in those conditions. 

He's always up for the ball Endo. Needs a bit more quality with his passing but I like him. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

He's nice and tidy, but a bit lightweight. He also looks to go backwards a bit too much. Still a massive improvement on what came before him though.