You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karen Carney

liverpoolsno9

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I don't get why they hate us so much. The Manc clubs and Everton I understand but fans of nomark clubs like Palace and Luton I don't get.

Yes there's a national pastime of hating scousers but Liverpool aren't an oil state who use shady loans and other means to bypass ffp and other rules. Plus Klopp never badmouths any clubs in his interviews.

Loads of these fans just seem to think we are a tedious fanbase who always moan and get every decision going our way. Yet virtually every club thinks thatb they get fucked over by refs and VAR. 

The scouse not English, booing the national anthem, fuck the tories overshadows the shit lives these morons live under so this is there big chance to give it to us.

It expands into the media too. Think it was Andros Townsend on comms for one of our games the other week and when the players were lining up in the tunnel, he was going on about salahs diving. This myth needs fucking right off yet despite the amount of ex reds on the telly now, not one of them will stand up for him. It’s got to be a fear of losing the telly gig because there’s no other teams ex players who disparage their old clubs as much as ours.

Can you imagine ex players on VAR as well. We’d be fucked even more. 

The whole coverage of football these days has lost the plot. Take replays. The convention used to be: only use them for something really significant, and wait for a break in play to show them. That's long gone, but now replays are used for everything, no matter how trivial, and, worse still, they're shown immediately while the game goes on; and the game is so quick these days that a keeper can save a shot, get up, throw the ball to a forward who can race away and score at the other end in less that ten seconds, and yet several replays still have to be shown and when the director cuts back to the action, there's a corner at the other end! And there's never an apology. That's one of the reasons why watching on TV is way more stressful than being at the game - you can't see what the hell is happening.

Then there's the witless co-commentator. You don't need a co-commentator. They're only there because commentators are scared of silence. You may as well turn on the vacuum cleaner and hold it to your ear.

As for the punditry - most of it, male nor female, is utterly pointless. But whenever TV tries to manipulate to benefit the previously excluded, it just shows its contempt for those people. Take the move to bring in black pundits. They got Ian Wright, encouraged him to act the clown and almost wrecked his career (he's only recently returned as a human being). They're still doing it with Micah 'alcohol poisoning' Richards, the Rusty Lee of the football world. And their attempt to be 'non-sexist' involves going for the women whom they can hype up as fashionistas. When a rotten institution tries to be admirable, it just shows its rottenness in its gestures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The whole coverage of football these days has lost the plot. Take replays. The convention used to be: only use them for something really significant, and wait for a break in play to show them. That's long gone, but now replays are used for everything, no matter how trivial, and, worse still, they're shown immediately while the game goes on; and the game is so quick these days that a keeper can save a shot, get up, throw the ball to a forward who can race away and score at the other end in less that ten seconds, and yet several replays still have to be shown and when the director cuts back to the action, there's a corner at the other end! And there's never an apology. That's one of the reasons why watching on TV is way more stressful than being at the game - you can't see what the hell is happening.

Then there's the witless co-commentator. You don't need a co-commentator. They're only there because commentators are scared of silence. 

As for the punditry - most of it, male nor female, is utterly pointless. But whenever TV tries to manipulate to benefit the previously excluded, it just shows its contempt for those people. Take the move to bring in black pundits. They got Ian Wright, encouraged him to act the clown and almost wrecked his career (he's only recently returned as a human being). They're still doing it with Micah 'alcohol poisoning' Richards, the Rusty Lee of the football world. And their attempt to be 'non-sexist' involves going for the women whom they can hype up as fashionistas. When a rotten institution tries to be admirable, it just shows its rottenness in its gestures.

Excellent post.

18 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I don't get why they hate us so much. The Manc clubs and Everton I understand but fans of nomark clubs like Palace and Luton I don't get.

Yes there's a national pastime of hating scousers but Liverpool aren't an oil state who use shady loans and other means to bypass ffp and other rules. Plus Klopp never badmouths any clubs in his interviews. We take the cup competitions seriously and don't disregard them like loads of mid table premier league clubs do.

Loads of these fans just seem to think we are a tedious fanbase who always moan and get every decision going our way. Yet virtually every club thinks thatb they get fucked over by refs and VAR. 

It's pure jealousy half the time. No club in England has the same level of respect around the world. There's hours of YouTube vids of players and managers of others clubs talking about how awesome Anfield is.

One of the most common traits of modern English people, especially online now, is insecurity. They're insecure about absolutely everything and have to slag off absolutely everything and everyone else. That's why most of our TV programmes and news output is designed to denigrate and humiliate.

If that's your mindset with your little town and your little club, imagine what it does to your noodle seeing half a million people turn up for a parade on telly, or celebrities at stuff like the Eurovision talk about what a stunning skyline the city has.

As liverpool fans, by and large we genuinely pay little mind to other clubs the way they do us. We walk a higher path.

A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yes there's a national pastime of hating scousers but Liverpool aren't an oil state who use shady loans and other means to bypass ffp and other rules. Plus Klopp never badmouths any clubs in his interviews. We take the cup competitions seriously and don't disregard them like loads of mid table premier league clubs do.

It is largely because (and it is same with the mancs as well) they live with our fans in large numbers day in day out - ar work, in the ale house, at school etc....because of the massive numbers of LFC supporters that you will find all over the country.

Other clubs (the mancs) just don't have same presence all over - Man City certainly don't and therefore are not universally hated....it must (and i know it does because i have heard people say it does) really nark people who have to listen to their local people, born/raised etc in their local town give it the big one about LFC to them....

People take it genuinely badly when what they see as 'glory hunters' basically betray their own towns/cities to 'support' us and compound it by giving it the big one.

I moved to London years ago and I remember a West Ham fan at our work saying to me how much he hated all the 'cockney reds' at work, and how as a result he developed a real hatred of LFC and i remember Tottenham and Arsenal fans saying same thing...and thing is these 'fans' they refer to are often the worst sort - clueless, sneering about the locals 'shit' teams and often so lacking in knowledge about game.

They then have a massive presence online too which then builds up the perception in other clubs fans minds all our fans are same dickheads/clueless pricks....and it builds hatred.

Imagine being a born and bred native of say Southampton for example and having to listen to another born and bred native of Southampton call Southampton FC shite and go on about how 'we' (Liverpool) are better than you/giving it the big one after beating you.....that happens in more or less every city and town across the land - and other clubs fans hate us as a result, because our club is a constant presence to them day in day out.

The mancs are the only other club with same presence and they are hated a lot too.

Add that to a large dislike of us amongst people old enough to have lived through our dominance, and the generally quite high levels of anti scouse sentiment that exists and it explains the hate pretty well.

17 hours ago, an tha said:

It is largely because (and it is same with the mancs as well) they live with our fans in large numbers day in day out - ar work, in the ale house, at school etc....because of the massive numbers of LFC supporters that you will find all over the country.

Other clubs (the mancs) just don't have same presence all over - Man City certainly don't and therefore are not universally hated....it must (and i know it does because i have heard people say it does) really nark people who have to listen to their local people, born/raised etc in their local town give it the big one about LFC to them....

People take it genuinely badly when what they see as 'glory hunters' basically betray their own towns/cities to 'support' us and compound it by giving it the big one.

I moved to London years ago and I remember a West Ham fan at our work saying to me how much he hated all the 'cockney reds' at work, and how as a result he developed a real hatred of LFC and i remember Tottenham and Arsenal fans saying same thing...and thing is these 'fans' they refer to are often the worst sort - clueless, sneering about the locals 'shit' teams and often so lacking in knowledge about game.

They then have a massive presence online too which then builds up the perception in other clubs fans minds all our fans are same dickheads/clueless pricks....and it builds hatred.

Imagine being a born and bred native of say Southampton for example and having to listen to another born and bred native of Southampton call Southampton FC shite and go on about how 'we' (Liverpool) are better than you/giving it the big one after beating you.....that happens in more or less every city and town across the land - and other clubs fans hate us as a result, because our club is a constant presence to them day in day out.

The mancs are the only other club with same presence and they are hated a lot too.

Add that to a large dislike of us amongst people old enough to have lived through our dominance, and the generally quite high levels of anti scouse sentiment that exists and it explains the hate pretty well.

He's gone full grifter. He will be a guest of Tommy Robinson crew at Luton soon. 

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

What?

He's obviously playing on the right wing grift market to get a following. I mean he's always been a cunt and always will be be he's obviously playing to a audience. And will likely end up playing the likes of Robinson lot at Luton, I mean the fan base not the actual club

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's obviously playing on the right wing grift market to get a following. I mean he's always been a cunt and always will be be he's obviously playing to a audience. And will likely end up playing the likes of Robinson lot at Luton, I mean the fan base not the actual club

Sorry, mate - you've lost me on this.

I might be being thick - but honestly lost here!

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sorry, mate - you've lost me on this.

I might be being thick - but honestly lost here!

Just saying Barton is playing to a audience with this latest shit. Trying to make himself relevant to the anti woke, racist,intelligent crowd

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Just saying Barton is playing to a audience with this latest shit. Trying to make himself relevant to the anti woke, racist,intelligent crowd

Ah right.....wasn't sure why you quoted my post about why liverpool are hated that was why was confused....