You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are having the (now traditional)TLW charity collection 2023

Champ

We are having the (now traditional) TLW charity Christmas collection 2023

I asked Dave if he could copy the original thread onto the FF. It turned out he couldn’t so the original thread is now on the FF and this is the space on the GF for all collection based discussion.

Where did we get to with suggestions for where to donate the money?

• Upvote 1

Please please please don't let the usual nobs misinterpret this as this collection is ace and it is not an instead of. But rather as well as. Throwing a few quid somewhere and that's you do something real close by. We have lost the sense of neighborhoods. How many know our neighbours particularly the OAPs. I have an old boy a few houses down and he has been stuck in because of the ice. he can barely walk anyway. His daughter was visiting yesterday and I told her Ill be on my own so can throw him some xmas dinner over. She was blown away and as a result it turns out her hubby is on call (fireman) and cannot come for him or take him home so I offered to drive him and pick him up. Tiny gesture but has made loads happy me included.

Check on the vulnerable they may be glad of it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Please please please don't let the usual nobs misinterpret this as this collection is ace and it is not an instead of. But rather as well as. Throwing a few quid somewhere and that's you do something real close by. We have lost the sense of neighborhoods. How many know our neighbours particularly the OAPs. I have an old boy a few houses down and he has been stuck in because of the ice. he can barely walk anyway. His daughter was visiting yesterday and I told her Ill be on my own so can throw him some xmas dinner over. She was blown away and as a result it turns out her hubby is on call (fireman) and cannot come for him or take him home so I offered to drive him and pick him up. Tiny gesture but has made loads happy me included.

Check on the vulnerable they may be glad of it.

You were doing so well until you used the word hubby. 

Joking aside it's a cracking gesture 

I heard something on the radio today. not sure what channel i have about 5 radios going in different rooms. But one family in a real shit area of the US spend Xmas eve and  Xmas morning cooking 1/2 a dozen or so dinners and then giving them to their neighbors. Think they were Christian nice loonies and had fuck all themselves but the dad had a job.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

If you contribute over a tenner, you qualify for a hi res pic of Champ's new coat when she turns up to pub for the Utd game.

Thanks to the kind person who just sent money to my bank account without identifying themselves 

16 hours ago, Champ said:

Thanks to the kind person who just sent money to my bank account without identifying themselves 

That sounded a bit passive aggressive didn’t it? Apologies. I can see who sent it now too