You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

28 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Will have to change my diet as I literally just found out I’m diabetic.

That’s sound, that. A lad I used to go to school with had diabetes and he had to have a Swiss roll and a can of full fat Coke for his breakfast on the bus every day. 

I’ve always been jealous of that kid. What a fantastic life. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s sound, that. A lad I used to go to school with had diabetes and he had to have a Swiss roll and a can of full fat Coke for his breakfast on the bus every day. 

All those years drinking Pepsi-Max too, feel like I’ve been cheated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Will have to change my diet as I literally just found out I’m diabetic.

Type 1 or 2?

This is worth a look if you wanted to go veggie/vegan or already are. The NHS are fucking useless with info imo. Only reason I stopped this is I have no gallbladder a d was having horrendous trapped wind. Though may try it again buy just be slower implementing the diet. 

Low carb does work for control aswell though it takes a while to get used to insulin level(if your insulin dependent) as it can cause hypos till your used to it. 

If your type 2 and can reverse it do everything you can to do that as honestly being insulin dependent can be a fucking pain at times and you don't shake off colds,cuts and bruises take 2 to 3 times to heal etc

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My daughter has had type 1 since she was 3. She was diagnosed on Christmas Day.

Been great.

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Can't be type 1 at his age.

I ended up type 1 in my early 30s. Granted I had to nearly die and have have my gallbladder spill all its bile out and start my pancreas to die and end up removed

50 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah it’s 2. Said I will need tablets for it and cholesterol. Happy days.

I got diagnosed with it in 2006, got put on Metformin for the diabetes and Simvastatin for cholesterol.

I lost a shit load of weight and they took me off the Metformin saying I could now control it by diet. 

Sadly my weight crept up again so I'm back on the meds.

A sensible diet and exercise (which I can't do hence the weight gain) and you'll be sound mate.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I got diagnosed with it in 2006, got put on Metformin for the diabetes and Simvastatin for cholesterol.

I lost a shit load of weight and they took me off the Metformin saying I could now control it by diet. 

Sadly my weight crept up again so I'm back on the meds.

A sensible diet and exercise (which I can't do hence the weight gain) and you'll be sound mate.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You were at school with Tony Manero?

10 hours ago, Remmie said:

They look boss but surely should be drenched in hot sauce? 

The “wings” got tossed in hot sauce mixed with melted butter half way through cooking, so the hot sauce is now in the breadcrumbed coating. 

Kept it on the milder side so my daughter wouldn’t be put off them, but they still had a bit of a kick even then.

• Upvote 2

Cumberland Shroomdogs (Plant Pioneers from Sainsburys) are significantly less good than Richmond veggie sausages and so the latter remain the standout and the only veg sausage I’ve tasted that I could say is better than real sausages.

24 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Cumberland Shroomdogs (Plant Pioneers from Sainsburys) are significantly less good than Richmond veggie sausages and so the latter remain the standout and the only veg sausage I’ve tasted that I could say is better than real sausages.

They sound a bit

GreenFlippantBooby-max-1mb.gif

to me 

• Upvote 1