You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charity Football Match - RIP Tom Beevers

Bob

One of the lads that played footie with us on a Tuesday night in Wetherby for the last few years sadly took his own life on New Year’s Eve last year. He was 32, and would be turning 33 next week.

He left behind 2 young children.

We’re raising money through a 24-hour football-a-thon at the pitch we’ve played together at for those years, raising money for PAPYRUS, the national charity for the prevention of young suicide, and separately as a donation to his family.

If anyone reading this ever finds themselves local to Wetherby, there’ll be a raffle with tickets being sold in a bunch of places including Costa - with some great prizes, and you can even offer to play as some extra numbers in the anti-social hours would be welcome.

generally, if anyone is able to donate through our JustGiving page, the link is below - anything, even just a couple of quid, is gratefully received.

if you can put TLW in the comment that would help us know where donations have come from. Thanks.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomasbeevers

73BEA7B1-4625-4760-AE31-43D48605AEF7.jpeg

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

One of the lads that played footie with us on a Tuesday night in Wetherby for the last few years sadly took his own life on New Year’s Eve last year. He was 32, and would be turning 33 next week.

He left behind 2 young children.

We’re raising money through a 24-hour football-a-thon at the pitch we’ve played together at for those years, raising money for PAPYRUS, the national charity for the prevention of young suicide, and separately as a donation to his family.

If anyone reading this ever finds themselves local to Wetherby, there’ll be a raffle with tickets being sold in a bunch of places including Costa - with some great prizes, and you can even offer to play as some extra numbers in the anti-social hours would be welcome.

generally, if anyone is able to donate through our JustGiving page, the link is below - anything, even just a couple of quid, is gratefully received.

if you can put TLW in the comment that would help us know where donations have come from. Thanks.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomasbeevers

73BEA7B1-4625-4760-AE31-43D48605AEF7.jpeg

Fucks sake Bob, that's awful, poor lad.

Deepest sympathies to all his family and his mates, I'll try and sort a donation when I get paid.

Having been suicidal myself in the past, I'm devastated whenever anybody can't be brought back from the brink.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the people who’ve donated, it’s hugely appreciated.

im here now to plug the charity raffle which is honestly one of the most impressive I’ve ever seen considering prizes have been rounded up just by lads making a little effort and reaching our to contacts and businesses.

if anyone wants to buy a raffle ticket, let me know…

8F61E3A1-D20C-44C4-A5D2-36CF80662769.jpeg

• Upvote 1