You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Annoying things about Movies these days

JagSquared

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The reason I tend to watch non English language films more than English speaking is because the English speaking stuff is largely shite. The foreign stuff throws up a good percentage of gems and they are usually copied by Hollywood anyhow.

Isn’t that because you’ll only really hear about the very good ones so they’ve already been through a filter of sorts? Whereas your exposed to the good and the bad of English language films?

• Upvote 1

On 28/10/2021 at 15:29, Tony Moanero said:

I think Django Unchained was the last film that I saw at the pictures. They don’t show trailers anymore? What about usherettes selling little tubs of ice cream?

Yeah they show trailers, but they don’t do those annoying trailer intros at the cinema 

7 hours ago, JagSquared said:

in a similar vein films that deviate from their source material. I Am Legend is a classic example of this, I mean the ending was changed so much from the book that the whole point of it being called “I Am Legend” Was lost. I was fuming, on its own it’s not a bad film but what were they thinking. Just call it vampire apocalypse or some shit no need to ruin a great book.

American Psycho. Apart from the title and the name of the protagonist, the crass film had nothing whatsoever to do with Easton Ellis' fantastic novel.

6 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Isn’t that because you’ll only really hear about the very good ones so they’ve already been through a filter of sorts? Whereas your exposed to the good and the bad of English language films?

I read the write up on both English and non English films and then decide if it's my type of film. The foreign ones seem to be largely non superhero films so I'm likely to give them a try first. 

• 1 year later...

When a person on the phone gets hit with a bombshell and they just slowly hang up without saying bye. Never happen in real life that, you'd get called all sorts. Polar opposite from my mum god rest her soul "bye bye bye bye...." trying to stuff about 400 bye's in at the end of the call.