You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Constantly pushing the Kremlin agenda across the forum: pro-Brexit, anti-EU, anti-Ukraine with posts containing links he hasn't read. It's obvious. 

It's always the same with right-wingers.

All politicians are "corrupt," at least in subtle ways, so they find the minor issue or hypocrisy with one or two lefties and focus all their attention on that, meanwhile ignoring the obvious and systemic ways their own party is doing things 10x worse.

The Ukraine thing is similar. You find one businessman war profiteering in Ukraine, so you can "both sides are corrupt" the situation and pretend you're being objective.

News flash, Gnasher, I lived in Russia for years and ran a successful business there. I won't go into detail but let's just say that I had a lot of personal loss due to the situation. The level of corruption and graft AT EVERY LEVEL OF GOVERNMENT there would stagger you.

In Ukraine, since the war, there has been a massive culture shift, where everyone in the country is working together to defend themselves against the Russians. Any corruption there, anyone making up contracts or paying bribes to get military construction deals, whatever is going to be discovered, because the people there are in an existential fight to survive! So sure, you'll get an old-school guy now and then trying to make a few extra bucks in the situation, but for the most part, even the corrupt officials are either scared to try it (knowing that someone is likely to rat them out) or have put their corrupt desires aside until the war is over.

Meanwhile, in your beloved Russia, the most successful businessman in the last 18 months is Prigozhin, an openly corrupt, murderous (literally!) mercenary, who the actual Russian government is giving billions of rubles. Or, at least, they were until he attempted a coup.

You have no idea what you're talking about when you compare Ukrainian to Russian corruption. It is not even close. The governor of the state where I used to live is the brother of the head of the mafia in the same region. The Russian government and the mafia are the same exact organisation and work closely together to enrich the men at the top. The same can simply not be said for Ukraine, and certainly not when you're talking about the post-Feb 2022 period!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Imagine actually being a paid troll and being assigned to TLW. 

Manager “how’s the subterfuge going?”

Troll ”not bad, just posted a picture of a Yorkshire pudding on a fry up”

*civil war ensues 

What are you suggesting?

8 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

It's always the same with right-wingers.

Me? This is laughable. 

All politicians are "corrupt," at least in subtle ways, so they find the minor issue or hypocrisy with one or two lefties and focus all their attention on that, meanwhile ignoring the obvious and systemic ways their own party is doing things 10x worse.

The Ukraine thing is similar. You find one businessman war profiteering in Ukraine, so you can "both sides are corrupt" the situation and pretend you're being objective.

Where the similarities end is Russia is not in receipt of billions of western aid.

News flash, Gnasher, I lived in Russia for years and ran a successful business there. I won't go into detail but let's just say that I had a lot of personal loss due to the situation. The level of corruption and graft AT EVERY LEVEL OF GOVERNMENT there would stagger you.

I don't doubt it. Which is why if you read back yesterday's content I have not mentioned Russian corruption. Its irrelevant.

In Ukraine, since the war, there has been a massive culture shift, where everyone in the country is working together to defend themselves against the Russians.

Are they? Are they really? Opposition party's are banned. Radio/TV stations have been closed down. Trade Unions are also banned. So we'll have to take your word on that. 

Are the people taking bribes to avoid the draft "working towards a common goal? Or the people offering the bribes?  

Any corruption there, anyone making up contracts or paying bribes to get military construction deals, whatever is going to be discovered, because the people there are in an existential fight to survive! So sure, you'll get an old-school guy now and then trying to make a few extra bucks in the situation, but for the most part, even the corrupt officials are either scared to try it (knowing that someone is likely to rat them out) or have put their corrupt desires aside until the war is over.

What a load of gash!  "the odd old school guy"  come on. It's rife.

Zelensky has just sacked every regional recruitment officer in the country. Its widespread. He's called them guilty of treason and he's right. Reports of funnelling money (our money) and buying properties in Spain. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/11/zelenskiy-sacks-all-military-recruitment-heads-over-frontline-bribes-scandal-ukraine

Plus who really suffers when rich kids pay to dodge the draft? Yep the country as a whole and the poor kids forced to take their place. . Or don't the poor kids matter? They are being sent east to the meat mincer.

Here's someone else who lived in Russia (before Putin kicked him out) I put the link he posts of the Washington Post further up but here you go. Are these "right wing" for holding an objective veiw of the conflict? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/13/ukraine-casualties-pessimism-ammunition-shortage/

Meanwhile, in your beloved Russia,

My beloved Russia? Give over. Read yesterday's posts back, I haven't mentioned Russia.  You're throwing stones for likes. Unless you've got me mixed up with someone else. It's a stupid quip anyways.

the most successful businessman in the last 18 months is Prigozhin, an openly corrupt, murderous (literally!) mercenary, who the actual Russian government is giving billions of rubles. Or, at least, they were until he attempted a coup.

Don't doubt it. Prigozhin isn't receiving Western money though. 

You have no idea what you're talking about when you compare Ukrainian to Russian corruption.

Where have I compered Ukrainian/Russian corruption? Once again Russian corruption is irrelevant as they are not receiving billions in aid. If I wanted to compere their is a corruption index of the worlds countries and it will come as a surprise to no-one both countries come out very badly.

It is not even close. The governor of the state where I used to live is the brother of the head of the mafia in the same region. The Russian government and the mafia are the same exact organisation and work closely together to enrich the men at the top.

I don't doubt you but not trying to sound dismisive but again not sure what its got to do with Zelenskys statement I posted yesterday.

The same can simply not be said for Ukraine, and certainly not when you're talking about the post-Feb 2022 period!

Maybe. I don't know but i'm willing to take your word there as I do believe Zelensky is trying to quell corruption but its obviously difficult in a country where its so ingrained.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Me? This is laughable. 

Where the similarities end is Russia is not in receipt of billions of western aid.

I don't doubt it. Which is why if you read back yesterday's content I have not mentioned Russian corruption. Its irrelevant.

Are they? Are they really? Opposition party's are banned. Radio/TV stations have been closed down. Trade Unions are also banned. So we'll have to take your word on that. 

Are the people taking bribes to avoid the draft "working towards a common goal? Or the people offering the bribes?  

What a load of gash!  "the odd old school guy"  come on. It's rife.

Zelensky has just sacked every regional recruitment officer in the country. Its widespread. He's called them guilty of treason and he's right. Reports of funnelling money (our money) and buying properties in Spain. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/11/zelenskiy-sacks-all-military-recruitment-heads-over-frontline-bribes-scandal-ukraine

Plus who really suffers when rich kids pay to dodge the draft? Yep the country as a whole and the poor kids forced to take their place. . Or don't the poor kids matter? They are being sent east to the meat mincer.

Here's someone else who lived in Russia (before Putin kicked him out) I put the link he posts of the Washington Post further up but here you go. Are these "right wing" for holding an objective veiw of the conflict? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/13/ukraine-casualties-pessimism-ammunition-shortage/

My beloved Russia? Give over. Read yesterday's posts back, I haven't mentioned Russia.  You're throwing stones for likes. Unless you've got me mixed up with someone else. It's a stupid quip anyways.

Don't doubt it. Prigozhin isn't receiving Western money though. 

Where have I compered Ukrainian/Russian corruption? Once again Russian corruption is irrelevant as they are not receiving billions in aid. If I wanted to compere their is a corruption index of the worlds countries and it will come as a surprise to no-one both countries come out very badly.

I don't doubt you but not trying to sound dismisive but again not sure what its got to do with Zelenskys statement I posted yesterday.

Maybe. I don't know but i'm willing to take your word there as I do believe Zelensky is trying to quell corruption but its obviously difficult in a country where its so ingrained.

You cannot deny Western financial (and military) support to a country because there is a level of corruption, in that case nobody would get anything. Aid is primarily coming to Ukraine due to Russian invasion.

The idea that West should stop helping Ukraine because of corruption (among other things) is one of Russian propaganda tools, that is why you get accused a being a Russian troll.

Russia wants to destroy Ukraine because of it's ethno-fascist agenda, and this is what the West (among other things) is not prepared to allow. At least for now. Because it would be a horrible humanitarian, geo-political, moral and any other development.

42 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You cannot deny Western financial (and military) support to a country because there is a level of corruption, in that case nobody would get anything. Aid is primarily coming to Ukraine due to Russian invasion.

The idea that West should stop helping Ukraine because of corruption (among other things) is one of Russian propaganda tools, that is why you get accused a being a Russian troll.

Russia wants to destroy Ukraine because of it's ethno-fascist agenda, and this is what the West (among other things) is not prepared to allow. At least for now. Because it would be a horrible humanitarian, geo-political, moral and any other development.

It's not simply a 'level' of corruption though is it? You're downplaying it. 

Of course you can question the amount of corruption when giving massive amounts of aid and weapons to another country. For example, what if those weapons are sold on or happen to get lost?  Western citizens have taken on a huge financial burden in backing Ukraine by the imposition of sanctions. African, South American and certain Asian countries have been more reserved. Are they also Putin shills? A recent poll says most Americans are against sending more Aid to Ukraine, are they all Commies as well? Reds under the bed?  We're going into J Edgar Hoover realms of ridiculousness.

I tell you is concerned with Ukrainian corruption (over here many chose to brush it under the carpet or present it as less than what it is) the Ukrainian people. I'm with them.

Finally do you think I could give a fuck over some Dr Strangelove war nerd MB talking a load of Neo Con wham on a football forum because I've consistently refused to tag along with the bomb em and gas em brigade?  A poster oblivious and unconcerned when presented with evidence of massive Ukraine casualties?  A clown who thinks everything's looking dandy with this war from the safety of his bedroom! 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-counteroffensive-more-or-less-double-fatalities-2023-8

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's not simply a 'level' of corruption though is it? You're downplaying it. 

Of course you can question the amount of corruption when giving massive amounts of aid and weapons to another country. For example, what if those weapons are sold on or happen to get lost?  Western citizens have taken on a huge financial burden in backing Ukraine by the imposition of sanctions. African, South American and certain Asian countries have been more reserved. Are they also Putin shills? A recent poll says most Americans are against sending more Aid to Ukraine, are they all Commies as well? Reds under the bed?  We're going into J Edgar Hoover realms of ridiculousness.

I tell you is concerned with Ukrainian corruption (over here many chose to brush it under the carpet or present it as less than what it is) the Ukrainian people. I'm with them.

Finally do you think I could give a fuck over some Dr Strangelove war nerd MB talking a load of Neo Con wham on a football forum because I've consistently refused to tag along with the bomb em and gas em brigade?  A poster oblivious and unconcerned when presented with evidence of massive Ukraine casualties?  A clown who thinks everything's looking dandy with this war from the safety of his bedroom! 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-counteroffensive-more-or-less-double-fatalities-2023-8

Well, you normally don't "question" the level of corruption in Ukraine, you use the corruption issue (which is present in virtually all recipient countries because there is almost always a direct correlation between needing aid and having corruption issues) to argue against aid to Ukraine to fight off Russian invasion.

Despite overwhelming evidence this aid is an absolute lifeline for the victim of aggression and that most if not all of it is being put to good use.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Well, you normally don't "question" the level of corruption in Ukraine, you use the corruption issue (which is present in virtually all recipient countries because there is almost always a direct correlation between needing aid and having corruption issues) to argue against aid to Ukraine to fight off Russian invasion.

Once again you seem to be playing down the level of Ukrainian corruption. Its the most corrupt country in Europe after Russia. Its incomparable with most other countries because its not a normal country. Zelensky yesterday fired the entire Ukrainian Army recruitment team because of such corruption.

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Despite overwhelming evidence this aid is an absolute lifeline for the victim of aggression and that most if not all of it is being put to good use.

That's debatable tbh. Although I'm sure these cluster bombs will be of benefit to the Ukrainian people for time to come.

Anyway I'm out to watch the rent boys get cluster bombed so I'll leave it there.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Evidentally you do, you moron.

Of course I am saddened by Ukrainian casualties - a massive waste of life and pain inflicted on the country by your mate Putin. I'm even saddened by the far greater Russian casualities, as not all of them are rapists, murderers, and kidnappers. Sadly there will be even more casualties while Putin continues to insist on an antiquated imperialistic Russian Foreign policy.

You on the other hand continue to push the anti-ukraine agenda, even at one point calling Ukraine terrorists for attempting to destroy the Kerch Bridge while never condeming Russia for its indiscriminate missile attacks.

Your agenda is painfully obvious, and I hope you are a paid state influencer cause otherwise you are just a sad little man who takes it upon himself to waste time spouting shit on a football forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, M_B said:

Evidentally you do, you moron.

Of course I am saddened by Ukrainian casualties - a massive waste of life and pain inflicted on the country by your mate Putin. I'm even saddened by the far greater Russian casualities, as not all of them are rapists, murderers, and kidnappers. Sadly there will be even more casualties while Putin continues to insist on an antiquated imperialistic Russian Foreign policy.

You on the other hand continue to push the anti-ukraine agenda, even at one point calling Ukraine terrorists for attempting to destroy the Kerch Bridge while never condeming Russia for its indiscriminate missile attacks.

Your agenda is painfully obvious, and I hope you are a paid state influencer cause otherwise you are just a sad little man who takes it upon himself to waste time spouting shit on a football forum.

You're wrong, again... "agenda"  "paid state influencer" ..Daft cunt.

The "shit" you talk of was a statement on corruption yesterday by Zelenskyy himself.

Lay off the amateur espionage  and stick to playing air cadets you fucking idiot.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"Agenda"  "paid state influencer"..

The "shit" you talk of was a statement on corruption yesterday by Zelenskyy himself.

Lay off the amateur espionage  and stick to playing air cadets you fucking idiot.

Touched a nerve, haven't I?

We know about the corruption Gnasher, but there is a bigger fish to fry in the form of the Russian Army. Once it has returned to Russia and we have peace, then we can make corruption the headline. Until then, your corruption agenda smells of trolling, and paid trolling at that. If you don't want me to accuse you of being Putin's bitch, then don't act like Putin's bitch - simple really.

Now fuck off.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Touched a nerve, haven't I?

We know about the corruption Gnasher, but there is a bigger fish to fry in the form of the Russian Army. Once it has returned to Russia and we have peace, then we can make corruption the headline. Until then, your corruption agenda smells of trolling, and paid trolling at that. If you don't want me to accuse you of being Putin's bitch, then don't act like Putin's bitch - simple really.

Now fuck off.

You don't know about corruption because you denied it only yesterday. I had to show you with the links because your head is wedged firmly up your arse 

Here you go, once again. Now pay attention this time. Fucking clown.

https://www.businessinsider.com/serhiy-pashinsky-ukraine-relies-on-arms-dealer-accused-of-corruption-2023-8

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/16/as-well-as-fighting-russia-ukrainians-are-battling-corruption-at-home

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You don't know about corruption because you denied it only yesterday. I had to show you with the links because your head is wedged firmly up your arse 

Here you go, once again. Now pay attention this time. Fucking clown.

https://www.businessinsider.com/serhiy-pashinsky-ukraine-relies-on-arms-dealer-accused-of-corruption-2023-8

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/16/as-well-as-fighting-russia-ukrainians-are-battling-corruption-at-home

Feel free to quote my denial.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who the fuck would pay Gnash to troll - he's lousy at it.

He's actually not bad, and follows the playbook; uses left wing sources to push his agenda, rarely answers questions, tries to derail threads, and is now trying to overwhelm a person calling him out. He acts very much like a professional troll.

1 minute ago, M_B said:

He's actually not bad, and follows the play book; uses left wing sources to push his agenda, rarely answers questions, tries to derail threads, and is now trying to overwhelm a person calling him out. He acts very much like a professional troll.

Stick to air cadets sonny.

1 minute ago, M_B said:

He's actually not bad, and follows the play book; uses left wing sources to push his agenda, rarely answers questions, tries to derail threads, and is now trying to overwhelm a person calling him out. He acts very much like a professional troll.

Nah, you could get a bot to do that for free.

Half the shit he puts up is behind a paywall so nobody is reading any of it - he's like the Pureblood of this thread.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Once again you seem to be playing down the level of Ukrainian corruption. Its the most corrupt country in Europe after Russia. Its incomparable with most other countries because its not a normal country. Zelensky yesterday fired the entire Ukrainian Army recruitment team because of such corruption.

That's debatable tbh. Although I'm sure these cluster bombs will be of benefit to the Ukrainian people for time to come.

Anyway I'm out to watch the rent boys get cluster bombed so I'll leave it there.

So what are you suggesting? Just withdraw support and let Russia pillage and rape at will? I don't understand why you keep pushing this agenda.