You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Time and a place lads

And this is most definitely it, carry on.

Right I will

@moof Can you answer yes or no to the question below, that the other bumbling buffoon NT has ducked

Would you, for the common good to help those more vulnerable than you, (and not in that category yourself) suspend doing your shopping online so that those people are more likely to get what they need and less likely to suffer or die? 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'd leave it. If he can't begin to understand that people want to limit their risk of getting a virus that could make them extremely ill, it's a futile task. 

If you are at risk you are one of the ones I want to be able to get delivery slots. I want the likes of you not to have to go to the supermarket.

To be fair i dont know if you are vulnerable or not, you are just dropping hints but cant answer the question for some weird reason

1 minute ago, A Red said:

If you are at risk you are one of the ones I want to be able to get delivery slots. I want the likes of you not to have to go to the supermarket.

To be fair i dont know if you are vulnerable or not, you are just dropping hints but cant answer the question for some weird reason

EVERYBODY is at risk, you silly sausage. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

It's been answered. I'm not giving you the yes or no answer you want. You don't own me, you slaaaaag. 

You've given no answer at all. I'll ask another or at least re-word

Is it a good idea that those in full health should, if they have the means go to the shop themselves, refrain from online shopping for while, if possible, so that vulnerable people have guaranteed slots and dont have to go out?

Come on NT you can do it, prove youre not a selfish cunt and actually care about people

Sticking with my local grocers as long as I can. Taking precautions to protect those around me (elderly neighbours mainly - I'm away from family), but feels better for me to make do with what's available (shouldn't need anything until the weekend at least at the moment) rather than burden delivery services.

Also using this as an excuse to knock a wasteful takeaway habit on the head as well.

Fucking pain the arse not having contactless mind you... might order a new card.

My stance is set out in my first post in this thread. My post about waiting 2 weeks for an ASDA delivery isn't a fabrication. I'm sure you can glean the information you require from these two snippets of information. Even if my position is more nuanced and wouldn't be accurately portrayed by giving a yes or no answer to a heavily loaded and wildly hypothetical question. 

Now, bite me. Just like I'll be biting my ASDA crusty Coburg in a couple of weeks time. 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

My stance is set out in my first post in this thread. My post about waiting 2 weeks for an ASDA delivery isn't a fabrication. I'm sure you can glean the information you require from these two snippets of information. Even if my position is more nuanced and wouldn't be accurately portrayed by giving a yes or no answer to a heavily loaded and wildly hypothetical question. 

Now, bite me. Just like I'll be biting my ASDA crusty Coburg in a couple of weeks time. 

Its a fucking simple question, its not loaded at all. Its one about basic decency. 

You go on about helping those in society who need it but cannot even answer a simple question as to whether it is a good idea to help them out a bit over online deliveries. 

You're over complicating and talking in riddles to save face.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its a fucking simple question, its not loaded at all. Its one about basic decency. 

You go on about helping those in society who need it but cannot even answer a simple question as to whether it is a good idea to help them out a bit over online deliveries. 

You're over complicating and talking in riddles to save face.

You've asked me that many different questions that it's hard to keep track! 

Can you clarify what your final question is and I'll answer it. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You've asked me that many different questions that it's hard to keep track! 

Can you clarify what your final question is and I'll answer it. 

Is it a good idea that those in full health should, if they have the means go to the shop themselves, refrain from online shopping for while, if possible, so that vulnerable people have guaranteed slots and dont have to go out?

21 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

If you place an order for, say, two or three weeks time, can you alter your order nearer the time?

Have you altered the order yet?