You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't think so, we know the Tories have taken advantage of this and repeatedly fucked things up since this started, I think other governments have done the same too.

I have no doubt that pigs have their noses in the trough, but to claim they are competant at one massive thing but not at another blows the theory out the water and shows them up for what they are, self interested cretins who took advantage of an emergeny to feather their nests, not recreate 1984 lite.

Occams Razor applies.

57 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I have no doubt that pigs have their noses in the trough, but to claim they are competant at one massive thing but not at another blows the theory out the water and shows them up for what they are, self interested cretins who took advantage of an emergeny to feather their nests, not recreate 1984 lite.

Occams Razor applies.

It'll get worse if the Tories "Plan B" kicks in along with the mandatory vaccine and passport requirements. I don't think that's just them being cretins, it looks like part of a wider strategy that's happening in several countries now and it doesn't look good. But maybe the Tories will decide that they're not interested in it. We'll find out soon I suppose.

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Four weeks ago I was being sarcastic about how it was great to see fascism alive and well in Italy with their mandate threats. After spending a fair amount of time since then reading about the pandemic response from govs and corps one of my main thoughts now is that Covid 19 isn't going to get any better by turning it into Covid 1984.

The mandates and vaccine passports, the propaganda and the censorship have all resulted in something that's completely over the top. I think a lot more people are starting to realise that now though which is good. They wanted to brand people opposing this shit as a few stupid conspiracy theorists at first but that's really failing now, there's way more people questioning this and seeing how stupid and wrong so much of it actually is.

Type "global covid deaths" into google and you might, just might see a figure that will make you realise that this is a serious pandemic and not some mass global conspiracy against everyone. 

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Type "global covid deaths" into google and you might, just might see a figure that will make you realise that this is a serious pandemic and not some mass global conspiracy against everyone.

I've never once said it's not a serious pandemic, conspiracies can exist at the same time though as part of the response. Talking about authoritarianism as a response isn't denying that covid exists.

46 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Truth seekers have suffered a setback and must have collectively lost a million hours worth of 'research' with last nights Facebook outage.

It's going to be weeks until we see an alternative to Ivermectin and Nebulizing Hydrogen Peroxide now.

Well if that was true it'd be trashed by the experts when it gained popularity anyway if it was a cheap generic drug. Nothing but the new pharma pills will be accepted, we should realise that by now because the corps have cash to make.

45 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah I wonder what the contributing factor could be...

Maybe authoritarianism as part of the pandemic response.

I really wish even a thousandth of the amount of energy that people have put into not following scientific advice on public health during a pandemic had been invested in pointing out and resisting the increasingly authoritarian actions of the government around voter ID, potential boundary changes, stuffing public bodies with ideological supporters, lobbying and the like. But I guess that's all fine with the libertarian grifters ultimately responsible for this.

• Upvote 3

I got stopped on a junction near the m25 by some of those insulate Britain crackpots. They each put loads of glue on their hands and arses, sat down in front of the red traffic lights and held each others hands. 

Absolutely barmy and they all looked it too. 

I don’t like to talk about it, but I’m still not right after this and haven’t been able to go back to work in the best part of a year. To look at me you wouldn’t know, but I have to micro-manage activity and exercise and it’s honestly a bit terrifying when I realise how easily by heart rate tends to spike. I’ve finally reached a point of acceptance that for the foreseeable, perhaps forever, I’m going to have to find a desk job which isn’t my forte, but necessary to lessen the chance of an early grave.

The Tories, along with the conspiracy theorists and anti-vax cunts their brand of politics has coddled and encouraged long before COVID, can all go and fuck themselves with bayonets.

• Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've never once said it's not a serious pandemic, conspiracies can exist at the same time though as part of the response. Talking about authoritarianism as a response isn't denying that covid exists.

You're right to point out if you feel something is over the top and don't agree with it mate but there are people (lots of them) that think this is all a hoax to control the population. People lying that deaths for traffic accidents and all sorts are attributed to covid if they have any trace of it just to get the numbers up etc. The government have profited from this through stuff like ppe contracts being awarded to friends of the tories firms etc, of course they're cunts. 

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t like to talk about it, but I’m still not right after this and haven’t been able to go back to work in the best part of a year. To look at me you wouldn’t know, but I have to micro-manage activity and exercise and it’s honestly a bit terrifying when I realise how easily by heart rate tends to spike. I’ve finally reached a point of acceptance that for the foreseeable, perhaps forever, I’m going to have to find a desk job which isn’t my forte, but necessary to lessen the chance of an early grave.

The Tories, along with the conspiracy theorists and anti-vax cunts their brand of politics has coddled and encouraged long before COVID, can all go and fuck themselves with bayonets.

Sorry to read that and I hope things eventually get better for you. Like I've repeatedly said too my issue isn't with the virus, it's the response to it. I understand that I could end up in the exact same place that you're in if I get the virus, especially if it makes an anxiety disorder worse and is mixed with after-effects of catching it.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You're right to point out if you feel something is over the top and don't agree with it mate but there are people (lots of them) that think this is all a hoax to control the population. People lying that deaths for traffic accidents and all sorts are attributed to covid if they have any trace of it just to get the numbers up etc. The government have profited from this through stuff like ppe contracts being awarded to friends of the tories firms etc, of course they're cunts. 

I know, I see it every day when I'm reading around. There's all types of stuff I've seen regularly that I'd never post about in here because I think it's mental. Bringing these issues up is never going to be an easy subject but I think there's enough signs now that several things are off and that'll become clearer as this goes on if governments don't change course.

I did make a post that was a lot longer than this (that wasn't directed at anyone), it took most of half an hour I think but I removed most of it. To try and sum it up quicker :

The pandemic can't be separated from the response so what I'm saying isn't going to disappear unless something changes,

If the effects of the response get worse I could leave the thread and never post back but others will very likely be here eventually raising the same problems,

I don't think it's a good idea to lump all people having issues with this under the category of conspiracy loons because there's a huge spectrum of views that range from full on crazy to genuine concerns that need to be looked at,

It's not easy talking about this in a thread of mostly vaccinated that might be fine with passports too as long as we get back to normal. Mandates and passports might seem fine for a while but if they stay around for too long and get expanded on, what I'm saying here (a view that's shared by a lot of other people now) will start to become a lot clearer.

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's not easy talking about this in a thread of mostly vaccinated that might be fine with passports too as long as we get back to normal. Mandates and passports might seem fine for a while but if they stay around for too long and get expanded on, what I'm saying here (a view that's shared by a lot of other people now) will start to become a lot clearer.

I have had a passport my entire adult life.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Sorry to read that and I hope things eventually get better for you. Like I've repeatedly said too my issue isn't with the virus, it's the response to it. I understand that I could end up in the exact same place that you're in if I get the virus, especially if it makes an anxiety disorder worse and is mixed with after-effects of catching it.

I know, I see it every day when I'm reading around. There's all types of stuff I've seen regularly that I'd never post about in here because I think it's mental. Bringing these issues up is never going to be an easy subject but I think there's enough signs now that several things are off and that'll become clearer as this goes on if governments don't change course.

I did make a post that was a lot longer than this (that wasn't directed at anyone), it took most of half an hour I think but I removed most of it. To try and sum it up quicker :

The pandemic can't be separated from the response so what I'm saying isn't going to disappear unless something changes,

If the effects of the response get worse I could leave the thread and never post back but others will very likely be here eventually raising the same problems,

I don't think it's a good idea to lump all people having issues with this under the category of conspiracy loons because there's a huge spectrum of views that range from full on crazy to genuine concerns that need to be looked at,

This is really mealy-mouthed stuff. What things are 'off' and will 'become clearer'? You 'could leave the thread and never post back' if the response gets worse- in what way would it get worse and why would you not post?

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

But these passports haven't even been around, wait....

No.

I still don't get it, but I'm thick.

Are you registered to vote? Do you have a drivers license? Are you currently staring into an IPhone?

It makes more sense to have concerns about putting something into your body than to pretend it is some kind of Big Brother play.

30 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I still don't get it, but I'm thick.

Are you registered to vote? Do you have a drivers license? Are you currently staring into an IPhone?

It makes more sense to have concerns about putting something into your body than to pretend it is some kind of Big Brother play.

It seems to be part of the ever shifting sands- the vaccines are demonstrably safe and effective so let's shift onto something else. See QAnon for more details. 

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Thanks for mentioning Big Brother, reminded me of a thread I have bookmarked. You can hear several views on passports/ID in the clips here :

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It seems to be part of the ever shifting sands- the vaccines are demonstrably safe and effective so let's shift onto something else. See QAnon for more details. 

Have a listen to some of the QAnon in the thread I just linked previously if you want.