You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

@Moctezuma are they downgrading COVID safety protocol in hospitals?

Something I heard earlier and didn’t fully understand.

Edit: Don’t worry I found an overview.

Good time to bury contentious news!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/27/hospitals-in-england-relax-covid-rules-to-help-tackle-waiting-lists

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

There's a cunt of a cold going around at the moment, I'm coughing like fuck but it's not Covid. 

Yeah my Mrs has had it since Friday, tested negative for Covid but bad cough, sneeze and the rest of it. Reckon it's social distancing probably making people less able to take the edge off these things. Bet flu season will be a right cunt.

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/27/hospitals-in-england-relax-covid-rules-to-help-tackle-waiting-lists

Surely they need to start looking at the 5.2 million people waiting for treatment? 

I heard somewhere the other day (Radio 5 possibly) that it will take up to 2034 to catch up those people. That’s not acceptable. 

18 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Surely they need to start looking at the 5.2 million people waiting for treatment? 

I heard somewhere the other day (Radio 5 possibly) that it will take up to 2034 to catch up those people. That’s not acceptable. 

We could start clapping again, should inspire them to clear the list by new year.

27 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Agreed, but I was just wondering how far they had gone.

Schools are a complete fuck up and I was wondering if the new hospital protocol was the same which led to more trouble than it solved.

16 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Within our trust there hasn't been any rolling back, but I can understand where this is coming from given the requirement to get elective services to start chewing through the gigantic backlog.

We have had some visitors trying to visit relatives without a mask (for non-clinical reasons) and occasionally you get staff in the hospital for whom the public's lacksadaisical approach to mask wearing has been imbued.

14 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Ditto. It's taken nearly a week of sleepless nights and coughing up a lung, constant sneezing. Tesco throat lozenges have helped me through it.

careful.... the karen colander gang will research shoving them up your arse soon 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Elite said:

There's a cunt of a cold going around at the moment, I'm coughing like fuck but it's not Covid. 

We’ve all had that. The baby and the wife had it first, then I got it. Shite sore throat that kept coming and going - worst at night. Little lad is over the throat it seems, but runny nose and lingering cough on him. 

• Upvote 2

Appointment booked for Covid booster on Sunday, Mrs can't have hers until the end of November as it hasn't been 6 months since her 2nd jab.

A lot of staff testing positive with Covid in the school where she works due to irresponsible dickheads  sending their kids to school when they have tested positive. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Are any lockdown measures still in place in those countries? Could be testing too, might be more easily available here, just a guess like.

Definitely nothing to do with masks as they don't do anything. It will be over by this Winter.

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Covid cases in Spain, Italy and France are between 2500 - 6000 a day. It's 35000 in the UK.

Why?

Mass testing is still happening and picking up lots of asymptomatic cases.

It's been dialed down elsewhere.

Lateral flow tests make up a lot as they are still happening.

And we're scum, proper filthy scum.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mass testing is still happening and picking up lots of asymptomatic cases.

It's been dialed down elsewhere.

Lateral flow tests make up a lot as they are still happening.

And we're scum, proper filthy scum.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Are any lockdown measures still in place in those countries? Could be testing too, might be more easily available here, just a guess like.

Yeah, I assumed testing would be key.

Can't help but think the fact people still wear a mask on public transport, in shops, etc helps.