You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Higgins v Allen on ITV3 here in the semi final of the champion of champions. Desislava the ref has just said "quiet now please" very sternly to the crowd and I quite nearly ripped my cock off

desislava-2.png

"Or I'll shove these balls up your arse."

Yes please.

I've completely missed the Champion of Champions.

Is the UK champs starting soon? 

41 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yes please.

It's been decent. Allen just beat Higgins 6:2. The standard is unreal this season. Allen and Hawkins pushing into the elite the way they're playing lately. 

Yeah starts next Saturday mate. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Yes please.

It starts next weekend. I’ve just bought tickets for the opening Saturday evening session.

• Upvote 1

Got our moneys worth last night. Wilson and Sangkaem both 5-1 up, and both easily progressing.

Sangkaem had been excellent, 3 centuries and looking absolutely full of beans. Wilson hadn’t been great but Clarke was shite. 

either way, both were absolutely nailed on to be over very soon. Heading for an early night.

both lost 6-5.

First time ever at tye snooker and it was cracking.

don’t know why people need to talk so much though, and one prick say behind us need to not leave the house anymore if he can’t stop himself from belching loudly every 10 minutes.

12 hours ago, niallers said:

Ronnie won his first uk 30 years ago! Thirty fucking years ago!

Also, just watching the highlights of his match today,and his opponent is using a 9 ball pool glove and is using black cue! Sacrilegious!

The real cue mans game. Mosconi Cup next week.

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'm off on Friday night apparently. A treat from the ex: we're still mates. Dunno who we'll see yet but either Ronnie or Trump would be a bonus. 

You should be able to work out what’s possible.

shame my missus took the radio header back to hers or I’d have worked out a way to meet up and give it to you. £12 for 3 hours worth of use before it’ll end up in a bin is the only thing I didn’t like about the evening.

enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

You should be able to work out what’s possible.

shame my missus took the radio header back to hers or I’d have worked out a way to meet up and give it to you. £12 for 3 hours worth of use before it’ll end up in a bin is the only thing I didn’t like about the evening.

enjoy.

I don't fancy sitting with one of those on my ear for 3 hours tbh mate. Cheers anyway though! 

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'm off on Friday night apparently. A treat from the ex: we're still mates. Dunno who we'll see yet but either Ronnie or Trump would be a bonus. 

You could have one of the top two winners or bottom to winners. Trump/Shelby is Friday daytime. Hope you get Ronnie and John! 

2FD36C0C-79BE-4914-9CA2-D8708AB9C3D8.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I don't fancy sitting with one of those on my ear for 3 hours tbh mate. Cheers anyway though! 

we shared 1 between 2 and we both thought it was good to have, but enjoyed our time without it as well.

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think the UK Champs has lost a bit of prestige with these short matches. 

The UK’s should be first to ten. 

Part of Hearn trying to make it more exciting I think. Not one for the purists who want the big events to last at least 4 sessions even in the earlier rounds. Not be done in under 4 hours. It's meant to give lower ranked players a better chance too and I suppose it's worked a bit over the last 5/6 years but you're spot on, it's lost it's magic. Masters and Worlds are the only 'prestigious' events now for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

O' Sullivan is probably the greatest player of all time but his constant "I'm bored of snooker, I might retire" shouts are so fucking tedious

Indeed . Much as I want him to win every tournament age has caught up at last and he doesn’t have the concentration levels or the drive required to compensate for his diminishing ability. Happens to most sportsman and I also wish he would give it a rest with the I’m bored routine. He should probably retire as his performances on and off the table are probably harming his stellar legacy