Quantcast
Gash restaurants in town - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Six Buoys

Gash restaurants in town

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Wok & Go and Ichi Noodle are two different places. I would find it hard to believe that anyone who has eaten from the latter would deride it as "gash".

 

Yeah, they're both shite.

Ichi give you more ingredients yet they're both terrible. Ichi you get the complimentary experience of anything you put down on the table becomes part of the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anywhere that consistently gets a food hygiene rating of less than 5 out of 5. Especially places that repeatedly get low scores. They’re just taking the piss out of their customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have genuinely never been to a good one in town, they're all shite for different reasons, either too noisy, catering increasingly for stag and hen wankers, or counting the days until environmental health close them down. 

 

The best places are all on the outskirts, allerton, aigburth etc.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Have genuinely never been to a good one in town, they're all shite for different reasons, either too noisy, catering increasingly for stag and hen wankers, or counting the days until environmental health close them down. 

 

The best places are all on the outskirts, allerton, aigburth etc.

Hipster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have genuinely never been to a good one in town, they're all shite for different reasons, either too noisy, catering increasingly for stag and hen wankers, or counting the days until environmental health close them down. 

 

The best places are all on the outskirts, allerton, aigburth etc.

Eh? There are loads of great restaurants in town. It’s ridiculous how good town is for eating out these days. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Anywhere that consistently gets a food hygiene rating of less than 5 out of 5. Especially places that repeatedly get low scores. They’re just taking the piss out of their customers.

Lobster pot once a fortnight, keeps yer system regulated, you need a bit of exposure to gut rot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, deiseach said:

Hipster.

Quite the opposite! 

 

Most of the new eateries in town are a hipsters paradise. Sumerian street food on Bold Street or whatever, but the places themselves aren't pleasant places to be. Usually small and packed and loud. 

 

Depends what people want from an eating out experience I suppose, we're all different. Myself I like a nice place that's comfortable and with competent, friendly staff and where I can hear other people speak, and the couple next to me aren't sat on my lap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matou at the Pier Head is over-priced shite.  Been there three times and never had had anything the least bit memorable, other then the bill that is .  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Quite the opposite! 

 

Most of the new eateries in town are a hipsters paradise. Sumerian street food on Bold Street or whatever, but the places themselves aren't pleasant places to be. Usually small and packed and loud. 

 

Depends what people want from an eating out experience I suppose, we're all different. Myself I like a nice place that's comfortable and with competent, friendly staff and where I can hear other people speak, and the couple next to me aren't sat on my lap.

I want great food, great service and great value. Like I said, town is awash with restaurants like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have genuinely never been to a good one in town, they're all shite for different reasons, either too noisy, catering increasingly for stag and hen wankers, or counting the days until environmental health close them down. 

 

The best places are all on the outskirts, allerton, aigburth etc.

I haven’t been to a proper good restaurant in Liverpool.  I’ve been to lots of shite places masquerading as good ones though.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Golden Phoenix that used to be on Hanover Street was fucking wonderful. Best Chinese in the werld ever of all time 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deep breath: Mowgli, Maray, Wreckfish, Italian Supper Club, Italian Fish, Leon, Lunya, Salt House, Rocket & Ruby, Bacaro, The Art School, 60 Hope St, The London Carriage Works, Rojo Pintxos, Bakchich, Deli Fonseca, Röski, Etsu, Oktopus, Pen Factory, Panoramic. 

 

That’s just the independents that sprang to mind. I’ll have forgotten loads. Also a couple of decent chain gaffs that are always consistent like Wahaca, Wagamama and Pizza Express. Then there are all the little cafes and coffee shops that do limited menus.   

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Paul said:

Deep breath: Mowgli, Maray, Wreckfish, Italian Supper Club, Italian Fish, Leon, Lunya, Salt House, Rocket & Ruby, Bacaro, The Art School, 60 Hope St, The London Carriage Works, Rojo Pintxos, Bakchich, Deli Fonseca, Röski, Etsu, Oktopus, Pen Factory, Panoramic. 

 

That’s just the independents that sprang to mind. I’ll have forgotten loads. Also a couple of decent chain gaffs that are always consistent like Wahaca, Wagamama and Pizza Express. Then there are all the little cafes and coffee shops that do limited menus.   

 

Bakchich is ace. Afterbumps are fucking rancid though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve not eaten out in Liverpool for more than a decade. In my opinion, Wagamama and Pizza Express are turd. Bog standard food that’s not particularly cheap. I’m not a fan of chain restaurants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody been to Zorba's on the corner of Leece Street?

 

Tried there first the other day before the Italian Club. Went at an awkward time, not lunch and not tea, about 3:30 as we hadn't eaten all day. But it was deserted and we waited a few minutes before some bloke came out of the kitchen who couldn't speak great English and tried to advise us to come back as the waiting staff hadn't come in for their shift yet. 

 

That put me off a bit, but the food and menu look nice. Might give it another try at a different time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×