Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 23 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/03/2019 at 13:00, an tha said:

This Ajax team is going to get picked apart by all the money clubs isn't it.

 

If they get €130m+ or whatever for de Jong and de Ligt, they can probably get away with saying to no to any other transfers, but with that cash, they could potentially become the Bayern/Juve of their league and buy all the best players from their rivals, and then dominate their league and perhaps become an even better team. And its not like we are talking about a great Ajax team being broken up, they haven't won their league in the past 4 seasons.

 

That is some serious cash for them to play with, so would depend on how well they spend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Mersey beat journalists seem to be running with it.

 

There is a masterclass in Orwellian football reporting in that one from Pearce.

 

Last summer Liverpool had the task of replacing Coutinho but this summer no such issues as no big names leaving.

 

Errrrr, we still haven’t fucking replaced him, so we have exactly the same issue this summer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

All the Mersey beat journalists seem to be running with it.

 

There is a masterclass in Orwellian football reporting in that one from Pearce.

 

Last summer Liverpool had the task of replacing Coutinho but this summer no such issues as no big names leaving.

 

Errrrr, we still haven’t fucking replaced him, so we have exactly the same issue this summer!

 

In other words this summer there won't be anyone leaving to fund big transfers. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Mr Klopp, given the choice would you prefer to boost or undermine the confidence of your players while in the midst of chasing two major trophies?"

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“That was maybe the main problem of Liverpool for the last decade. When they had a good team after a season they went all over the world. That will not happen this year for sure.”

 

 

ckj5aAz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've already got £39m for Ings and Solanke. Add another £10m for Awoniyi who several German clubs are interested in. That should fund a decent forward option. 

 

More than likely Mignolet, Lallana and Origi will leave which could raise about £30/ £35m, the bulk of it coming from Origi. 

 

Can't see Clyne coming back so hopefully Bournemouth give us about £15m for him. 

 

One of Matip or Lovren may leave (hopefully Lovren). 

 

Then there's all the perma loan players like Kent, Ojo, Ejaria, Chirivella etc. 

 

I think if decent offers were recieved for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

 

Moreno apparently is going back to Sevilla, then Sturridge, Markovic and Milner all are out of contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've already got £39m for Ings and Solanke. Add another £10m for Awoniyi who several German clubs are interested in. That should fund a decent forward option. 

 

More than likely Mignolet, Lallana and Origi will leave which could raise about £30/ £35m, the bulk of it coming from Origi. 

 

Can't see Clyne coming back so hopefully Bournemouth give us about £15m for him. 

 

One of Matip or Lovren may leave (hopefully Lovren). 

 

Then there's all the perma loan players like Kent, Ojo, Ejaria, Chirivella etc. 

 

I think if we got decent offers for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

 

Moreno apparently is going back to Sevilla, then Sturridge, Markovic and Milner all are out of contract. 

I wouldn't mind Grujic and Wilson staying with us next season, I feel like they might have something to offer, I reckon they both would have had a bit of game time this season if they were here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, an tha said:

We will sign somebody, but surely this team is now at the point where we don't need to keep adding and adding for the sake of it. One or two high quality additions, and anybody that leaves to be replaced, and we improve on what is an already fantastic team. We do need a midfielder to link the attack and midfield though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've already got £39m for Ings and Solanke. Add another £10m for Awoniyi who several German clubs are interested in. That should fund a decent forward option. 

 

More than likely Mignolet, Lallana and Origi will leave which could raise about £30/ £35m, the bulk of it coming from Origi. 

 

Can't see Clyne coming back so hopefully Bournemouth give us about £15m for him. 

 

One of Matip or Lovren may leave (hopefully Lovren). 

 

Then there's all the perma loan players like Kent, Ojo, Ejaria, Chirivella etc. 

 

I think if decent offers were recieved for Grujic and Wilson they would sell. 

 

Moreno apparently is going back to Sevilla, then Sturridge, Markovic and Milner all are out of contract. 

Markovic has gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thiago would be immense in midfield. At the end of the season there's a real chance that Isco and Asensio will be available as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Thiago would be immense in midfield. At the end of the season there's a real chance that Isco and Asensio will be available as well. 

If Klopp could get Isco motivated he would be an immense signing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If Klopp could get Isco motivated he would be an immense signing.

Agreed. He's a hell of a player. 

 

Thing is, we have some really good midfield players. Fabinho is very good, Keita has been fucking excellent in Germany and shown a few glimpses that he's starting to adapt, Gini is absolutely fucking boss, Hendo and Milner, whilst not the mercurial sort, rarely let you don't. What we miss is the person to bring it all together, some real leadership from the middle. Drive and creativity, too. It was a shame we missed out of Fekir. I hope AOC can continue to grow in there too. And stay fit.

 

We need somebody with the same level or influence that Fernandinho has at City, or Silva. Not in playing style, but somebody who wants the ball and owns the central areas, or creates things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a number 10, which he is. 

 

Chamberlain being fit, or Keita playing well, would give us some drive but not creativity in the way someone like Isco could. Someone like him gives the bus parking dregs of the league something else to think about.

 

Interesting to see what Klopp does with the midfield in the summer. Maybe Milner goes to Leeds if they're promoted. I'm hoping Lallana and Henderson go, but I doubt it. Certainly with the latter. Grujic will probably be moved on.

 

Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum and AOC are the four that I expect, and hope, are still here in two years time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We need a number 10, which he is. 

 

Chamberlain being fit, or Keita playing well, would give us some drive but not creativity in the way someone like Isco could. Someone like him gives the bus parking dregs of the league something else to think about.

 

Interesting to see what Klopp does with the midfield in the summer. Maybe Milner goes to Leeds if they're promoted. I'm hoping Lallana and Henderson go, but I doubt it. Certainly with the latter. Grujic will probably be moved on.

 

Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum and AOC are the four that I expect, and hope, are still here in two years time.

It'd be interesting to see if we could still have 3 up front and accommodate Isco. Probably wouldn't be an issue against teams that just sit in their own half, which is practically every team that comes to Anfield and 80% of the other games. Essentially would be a 4-2-4 at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grinch said:

 

In other words this summer there won't be anyone leaving to fund big transfers. 

 

 

I don't sense Klopp is at odds with the owners over cash. If he wants to spend then I can't imagine they wouldn't support him given his progress. Never mind replacing Coutinho where would we find another manager as good as Klopp ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Markovic has gone.

Thought he had just gone on loan until his contract finished at the end of the season. At least his wages are off the books a few months early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We will sign somebody, but surely this team is now at the point where we don't need to keep adding and adding for the sake of it. One or two high quality additions, and anybody that leaves to be replaced, and we improve on what is an already fantastic team. We do need a midfielder to link the attack and midfield though. 

The team as in first 11 or so is sound...as evidenced by results.

 

However for me the squad depth is virtually non existent - we have recently put benches out where there wasn't a single defender on it...our forward back up is literally zero.

 

We have seen consitently with our failures in the domestic cups that when we have to call on our back up players that they are not up to it - would be nice to be able to make 5/6 changes for an fa cup tie and not look like shite, and of course we need to be able to cover our first choice players better/not see such a drop off when rest them....Salah and Mane are going to be stuck in Africa all summer in that AFCON shite, they'll have hardly any decent pre season/are likely to be tired and it would be nice to be able to call on back up thst is up to the job.

 

Sorting those issues out and some upgrade to give midfield some creativity would be due for me and would do for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Fabinho

Keita Isco

Salah Firmino Mane

 

That side, with everyone playing at their potential, would be top class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, an tha said:

The team as in first 11 or so is sound...as evidenced by results.

 

However for me the squad depth is virtually non existent - we have recently put benches out where there wasn't a single defender on it...our forward back up is literally zero.

 

Sorting those issues out and some upgrade to give midfield some creativity would be due for me and would do for me.

 

I dunno if I agree that it's non-existent. Let's have a look.

 

GK

Alisson

Mignolet

Karius

 

RB

TAA

Gomez

 

CB

VVD

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

 

LB

Robbo

NOBODY ELSE AT ALL. SHUT UP. 

 

Midfield

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Keita

Oxlade Chamberlain

Milner

Henderson

Lallana 

 

Attackers

 

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Sturridge

Origi

 

So, for me. We need a left back. We need somebody in between attack and midfield, and we need one more quality player up front. So, Chilwell, Isco, and Werner. 

 

MAKE IT SO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

 

I dunno if I agree that it's non-existent. Let's have a look.

 

GK

Alisson

Mignolet

Karius

 

RB

TAA

Gomez

 

CB

VVD

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

 

LB

Robbo

NOBODY ELSE AT ALL. SHUT UP. 

 

Midfield

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Keita

Oxlade Chamberlain

Milner

Henderson

Lallana 

 

Attackers

 

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Sturridge

Origi

 

So, for me. We need a left back. We need somebody in between attack and midfield, and we need one more quality player up front. So, Chilwell, Isco, and Werner. 

 

MAKE IT SO.

I see it differently.

 

Gomez should not play RB he is and will be a centre half (i know he can play there but for me he should stay at centre half)

 

Henderson and Lallana IMO should go - i realise Henderson is a controversial shout and it won't happen but Lalllana is for me a defo off job.

 

Not sure Milner has another year left at level we need either.

 

Sturridge and Origi are surely gone.

 

Brewster maybe takes Origi's spot but that leaves 1 more needed.

 

Have you sold Shaq by way!.

 

Different views of course and we are in a great place but given what we are up against i just feel we need to strengthen our depth to really take the oil cheats on in next couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, an tha said:

I see it differently.

 

Gomez should not play RB he is and will be a centre half (i know he can play there but for me he should stay at centre half)

 

Henderson and Lallana IMO should go - i realise Henderson is a controversial shout and it won't happen but Lalllana is for me a defo off job.

 

Not sure Milner has another year left at level we need either.

 

Sturridge and Origi are surely gone.

 

Brewster maybe takes Origi's spot but that leaves 1 more needed.

 

Have you sold Shaq by way!.

 

Different views of course and we are in a great place but given what we are up against i just feel we need to strengthen our depth to really take the oil cheats on in next couple of years.

Who is Shaq? Is he the fella who played for us and then must have wiped his arse with the manager's tie? 

 

I don't disagree with the players that should go and be replaced. Not at all, I think you're right. But they won't all go with a big influx. I think we need to do it gradually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×