You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Apr 7-8 2018)

tlw content

kaneghostgoal.jpg

No game for us last weekend, just a light training session at Goodison ahead of our big Champions League quarterfinal. City on the other hand, had an energy draining, morale sapping derby defeat to United.

I wanted City to win it as it would have aided our chase for second spot and because, well, fuck Mourinho and United. That said, when it unfolded as it did I wasn’t especially upset about it. I thought it was funny actually.

While there’s no joy to be found in United winning, ever, there is something amusing about seeing Guardiola and City on the receiving end. And City’s fans have turned into colossal gobshites in recent years so fuck them, the bunch of self entitled knobheads.

One of them was actually crying at the end of the game. Sorry, but that’s far worse than lashing a can at a coach or sneaking some pyro in. Should be an instant banning order that. What's he even crying for? Because the league title will have to wait another week or two? He's no City fan. Proper City fans have known hard times. This tit probably defected from United or Chelsea.

Wonder if he cried on Wednesday night too? Three defeats in a week for City, and all came at the hands of the two teams they'd least like to lose to. Hopefully they don’t lose four in a row though as we could really do with them getting their act together and beating Spurs this weekend.

City completely dominated the first half against United and should have been 5-0 up. The reason they weren’t was because Sterling can only score from inside six yards, and even then his strike rate is around 50%. He’s stalling on a new contract at City apparently, amid talk that Real Madrid are interested in him.

Interested in him as what? Not a footballer, surely? I’ve been to a Madrid home game and sat in among their fans, and I’m telling you now if Sterling goes there and is missing sitters like only he can, the only winners in that deal will be the white handkerchief salesmen.

Those fans are fucking ruthless and impossible to please. Hell, they don’t rate Gareth Bale, and even Ronaldo has occasionally been booed. RONALDO!!!! Like I said, they're fucking ruthless.

If that moves comes off Sterling might be the funniest Englishmen abroad since Karl Pilkington. I really hope it happens, not least because it would be boss for City to get a taste of what they did to us. Mind you, knowing our luck they’d probably fuck Sterling off and then we’d sell them *Mané.

*Could have said Mo there but I'm not even prepared to joke about that)

At half time no-one saw a way back for United and it looked like they might get completely humiliated. As soon as they got one back though everything changed.

Pogba had been trending on Twitter at half time for all the wrong reasons. Basically everyone was ripping him for being shite. Then he scored twice in a minute and everyone was talking about how great he is. The truth lies somewhere in between, but closer to the former. He’s mostly shite but he can occasionally do something good.

Gary Neville was ripping him for the blue streak in his hair, saying he does himself no favours with stuff like that, especially ahead of a derby. Neville will get stick for that ‘yer da’ mentality, but I reckon he's right in this case.

When you’re delivering the goods week in week out you can do whatever the fuck you like. I mean look at Bobby Firmino. He could walk out for a Derby game dressed as the Toffee Lady and none of us would give a fuck because we know he’d go out there and still be boss.

When you’ve been as big an under achiever as Pogba though you leave yourself open to being slated. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

Entertaining as always , Dave.

If our guys are clever they will get together & the next time anybody other than Mo scores they should all celebrate as if it was him , or if they want to be less subtle they can have a celebration where Mo keeps pointing to his shoulder.

City were shell shocked by those two quick goals and it got worse when Smalling’s HEADER put United ahead......

Thought it was a volley Dave ? Unless it came off Kane's chin of course .

Yeah it was a volley, I was getting confused with Kompany's goal where he beat Smalling.