You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

According to BILD, Pulisic has called off contract talks with Dortmund. Dortmund look like they want to sell for €70m.

https://www.bild.de/wa/ll/bild-de/privater-modus-unangemeldet-54578900.bild.html

It's fucking on!

I hope so, with all these expected sales I was starting to worry that we wouldn't win the net spend trophy this season.

It’ll be a sad day for me when he goes. There’s been very few threads in which I’ve been able to use my ‘INGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER’ line.

It’s a sure fire rep winner and I bet that fake Palace Turdseye will be all over it.

Didn't work this time either - quite the opposite in fact!

To be fair the ref played a big part with the award of that "penalty"

So did the speed of Pulisic. Soft pennnut they'd get given s lot because of how fast he travels.

He's far from finished in his development but he has a high ceiling. I think he could learn and thrive under Klopp. He's one of the best teens in the world.

Haven't seen too much of him but from few glimpses in matches and videos, it seems like he is predominantly one footed and beats people with pace rather than trickery. Not many goals and assists.Am not too sure on him. Does he have a higher potential than Ousmane Dembele for instance because 70 million is a lot.

Haven't seen too much of him but from few glimpses in matches and videos, it seems like he is predominantly one footed and beats people with pace rather than trickery. Not many goals and assists.Am not too sure on him. Does he have a higher potential than Ousmane Dembele for instance because 70 million is a lot.

He's probably just outside of Dembele and Mbappe but also about half the price.

I think we'll end up with one of Pulisic or Dembele eventually. Klopp just seems way too interested. But I don't see where there would be place for them this season and I doubt either of them would want to come here knowing there are already very strong players in their position. 

I think we'll end up with one of Pulisic or Dembele eventually. Klopp just seems way too interested. But I don't see where there would be place for them this season and I doubt either of them would want to come here knowing there are already very strong players in their position. 

I don't want to be buying any player who doesnt believe he can get in the team. I dont want us to be selling one of the front 3 just so Pulisic can sign.

• Upvote 1

Joel RabinowitzVerified account @joel_archie 4h4 hours ago

Seems fairly clear from his own words (and his father) that Pulisic would be more than open to playing for LFC. Clearly has a lot of admiration for Klopp, and Klopp obviously rates him very highly as a player. BVB reportedly looking for £60-70m. I'd pay it.

Fekir was supposedly Klopp's absolute priority this summer- so he clearly wants another top class attacker. Shaqiri is a very useful addition, but definitely think another belter would really help. If Fekir isn't happening, Pulisic would make all the sense in the world.

Add to that the fact Chamberlain is out for the season- and then of course, all the marketing benefits for FSG of having America's biggest talent in years- there's certainly a case to act early and make a move for Pulisic now, rather than waiting.

Joel Rabinowitz‏Verified account @joel_archie 4h4 hours ago

Seems fairly clear from his own words (and his father) that Pulisic would be more than open to playing for LFC. Clearly has a lot of admiration for Klopp, and Klopp obviously rates him very highly as a player. BVB reportedly looking for £60-70m. I'd pay it.

When we got about 50 million for sterling, 60-70 for pulisic is an incredible price when you adjust for the inflation since then.
  • Upvote 1

Pulisic, Bobby, Mane and Mo. 3 into 4 is a very nice fit imo, plenty of depth and plenty of games to go around.

Chuck Shaquiri, Studge and whomever else into that forward mix and we are really, really well set for a serious go at winning some stuff.

Without Pulisic or AN Other I would still be concerned about or creativity and forward depth. I think it's probably unrealistic to expect the same run of good health from our front 3 that we benefited from last year.