You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Putney Bridge Pusher

Bjornebye

• 2 months later...

I take it the Putney Bridge Pusher is still out there then? He’s just jogging along and biding his time until he bumps into his next unsuspecting victim. I reckon he’s burnt the clothes he was wearing and grown a beard. Be vigilant, people.

Probably invested some of his hard earned in a running machine. Far less likely to have people wandering in front of you.

Of all the things for which I could be called a bellend, suggesting that someone might have bought a running machine probably wouldn't have been on the list.

This place is downright weird sometimes.

I've got to say, I was baffled by that. I wasn't even sure who he was calling a bellend; too many candidates and no one clear favourite.

The suggestion I'm taking issue with is that the woman is in any way to blame. But then you knew that, because you're a bad bellend.

I didn't even mention the woman, let alone blame her for anything. My advice is to stop seeing things that aren't there.

• Downvote 1

Quite shocking when you see the video. Obviously it's difficult to read intent and so on, but here's what it looked like to me:

Man jogging along, in the middle of the path. Woman walking towards man, also in middle of path. There's a lot of room to the left of the man for him to carry on jogging, unimpeded. The woman starts to veer to her left to give the jogger more room, as he was showing no sign of moving over himself. At the last second the jogger veered right, into the woman, and pushed her quite hard - hard enough for her to fall over. Her head and shoulders went beyond the kerb and into the road, the bus driver swerved (heroically, as that easily could have been fatal) to avoid her. The jogger carried on. From reading the thread it sounds like the jogger came back on the other side of the bridge and didn't come over to see the woman when beckoned. 

Based on what I saw you would have a very hard time trying to prove it was an accident. It really did not look like that at all. My view based on what I saw is that the jogger deserves the maximum the law will allow in terms of punishment. 

I also saw a basic lack of good manners and courtesy. If it was an accident (extremely unlikely) then you would expect an apology, and you would expect the jogger to stop and help the woman up and so on. There was none of that, which leads me to conclude it was intentional. 

Shocking that the person hasn't been found.