You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) - Saturday 11/2/17. 5:30pm BT Sport

Preston Red

Some decisions to be made. Mignolet should be dropped. Lucas cannot play. Questions about Milner. Can should be dropped. Firmino?

Probably be the same team with wijnaldum for can, Karius for mignolet and Klavan or Lovren for Lucas.

Questions about milner?

“I don’t think Chelsea are out of sight but Liverpool need to improve – the title race starts in March,” Barnes told the Evening Standard.

“Liverpool can still finish in the top four if everyone gets behind Jürgen Klopp, who is a very good coach.”

Adam Lallana has told Liverpool to have more belief in themselves after outlining what he feels is the major difference between the sides this season.

Jurgen Klopp’s out-of-sorts side find themselves fifth in the Premier League table after 23 games, with Liverpool having shown title-winning potential in the first half of the season.

But one win in 10 games since the start of 2017 – and no wins in the league – has left them 13 points behind leaders Chelsea, and one behind the Champions League qualification places.

Lallana believes that the only difference between Chelsea and the struggling Reds is that the former have the necessary experience.

“You can see they have a lot of experience and that they are used to winning,” he said.

“They know how to win games even when not at their best. You don’t have to always win by scoring five or six.

“Maybe that’s an area we need to improve on. We maybe need to realise how good we are at times.

“Milly (James Milner) is probably the only one in our group who has that type of experience because it only comes from winning silverware like he did at Manchester City.

“Myself and the other players haven’t won titles or loads of cups so we need to learn from him and listen to him because that type of experience is vital.

“We need to learn and get back to winning ways in the league as soon as possible.”

I think that's a symptom of the top 4 football era.

You don't win anything for 2nd, 3rd or 4th but your owners will be delighted. The fans and team will have European football to look forward to but there is no silverware or medal to go along with it and I don't think you get that winning feeling either.

Fucking another 'we need to learn' quote from our ranks...

Hey - shithouses how about stopping talking about needing to learn and actually erm...learning.

Sick of hearing the same shite...it is like the lad who stands with a ciggie in his mouth saying 'i really need to give up the bifters' then throws the one he was smoking on the floor and lights up another one.

While he's not actually said too much wrong there, I just wish they'd just sometimes shut the fuck up before games, especially after the run we've been on.

'We need to beat the lesser teams' type interview = get walloped by one of the bigger teams for the first time.

While he's not actually said too much wrong there, I just wish they'd just sometimes shut the fuck up before games, especially after the run we've been on.

'We need to beat the lesser teams' type interview = get walloped by one of the bigger teams for the first time.

For me it is the same weak shite 'we need to learn' 'we need to improve' 'we need to win again soon'....fuck that - it is so typical of the meek shithouses they are....

Let's here some real passion 'we have been playing badly and it isn't acceptable' 'we take responsibility and will fight tooth and nail to stop this shite' 'this isn't good enough for this football club and our fans and we are gonna work harder' 'we have let ourselves, the club and the fans down and we are gonna fix it' that kind of stuff - sick of hearing how we are gonna learn and pathetic excuses about how they haven't won things and therefore can't match chelsea...basically admitting they are fucking losers.

They lost two finals last year some of them were here when they lost the title race to city how about using those painful experiences to redouble their efforts to not feel the same again?...that is why you see teams win titles after going close first...they use that lesson to kick on and use the pain as a motivation....problem with this shower of gutless shithouses is they clearly don't feel it enough to actually really learn and make sure they don't crumble again.

• Upvote 1

Usually we've not had a problem turning up for the big games. Still, even if we turn up for this, it doesn't necessarily mean a win. Spurs are strong, fast, and have a way of playing "in your face." If we are to win we will have to match that and hope we have the quality to edge it.

It will be touch and go.

I would say 1-1 is the most likely result, but we a very capable of winning, and conversely we could easily get hammered if we keep playing as we have been.

This could be the round of games where we drop to sixth, and if we do we have to hold our nerve. I'm still thinking we can regroup and get right back into the CL spots. We need to strengthen, obviously, but in the meantime we have to fight.

I think that's a symptom of the top 4 football era.

You don't win anything for 2nd, 3rd or 4th but your owners will be delighted. The fans and team will have European football to look forward to but there is no silverware or medal to go along with it and I don't think you get that winning feeling either.

To be honest if we qualify for the champions league I'll be smiling all summer.

Usually we've not had a problem turning up for the big games. Still, even if we turn up for this, it doesn't necessarily mean a win. Spurs are strong, fast, and have a way of playing "in your face." If we are to win we will have to match that and hope we have the quality to edge it.

It will be touch and go.

I would say 1-1 is the most likely result, but we a very capable of winning, and conversely we could easily get hammered if we keep playing as we have been.

This could be the round of games where we drop to sixth, and if we do we have to hold our nerve. I'm still thinking we can regroup and get right back into the CL spots. We need to strengthen, obviously, but in the meantime we have to fight.

I was speaking to a Spurs mate earlier - I said the same thing I can see a 1-1 but surprisngly he wasn't confident! Makes me laugh that we are less confident than other teams fans. He was quite confident we'd manage top 4 too!

I was speaking to a Spurs mate earlier - I said the same thing I can see a 1-1 but surprisngly he wasn't confident! Makes me laugh that we are less confident than other teams fans. He was quite confident we'd manage top 4 too!

Lulling you into a false sense of security.