You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Haye definitely didn't gas.

He wasn't as fast or mobile as he previously was. But, he was getting round the ring. He was throwing punches. He was being fairly assertive.

Then in a split second, he went from showing no real signs of concern, to being static, stuck in the corner or on the ropes, covering up and throwing next to nothing until Bellew got close.

You could tell just by looking that it was something else other than a stamina issue, just by how sudden and marked it was.

I initially thought it could've been something neurological, as it was very strange and sudden the way his whole manner/way of fighting changed.

Of what the fight?

The build up

Haye thought he would win early and set up a massive payday

Fought like a dog for the 1/2 rounds winging punches and getting caught

Started to settle into a fight behind the jab at a slower pace,took over the fight at the tail end of round 2 and was up 4-1 by round 5 and blew his knee. Bellew moved in after the injury and couldnt stop him,took a few shots and gassed himself out. Did enough to win most of the later rounds got his wind back and was able to knock a one legged man over and the corner knowing he couldnt move well enough or generate fuck all off his back foot gave up the ghost. After the knockdown there was no way he could even sneak a draw on the cards so they pulled him from the fight.

I still have it as had Haye actually starting boxing from round 1 and not had either a injury going in,or injured himself in the fight he would have got the stoppage. As soon as he started boxing his power punches were slowly starting to land and there is no way i think Bellew takes them through 12 rounds.

Is that Bellews fault?

I didnt say it was

I said he was run out of the light heavyweight division and Hearn has the connections to get him a easy shot at the title in a poor division.

He won the title in that division and credit to him for that,that is his level(and i dont mean that as a knock on him). He is brave and puts in the effort,but he isnt a truely legit world class fighter. Would you give him a chance against Kovalev or Ward even at Cruiser?

At the end of the dy he is still a world champ,just in a poor division

I didnt say it was

I said he was run out of the light heavyweight division and Hearn has the connections to get him a easy shot at the title in a poor division.

He won the title in that division and credit to him for that,that is his level(and i dont mean that as a knock on him). He is brave and puts in the effort,but he isnt a truely legit world class fighter. Would you give him a chance against Kovalev or Ward even at Cruiser?

At the end of the dy he is still a world champ,just in a poor division

Agreed fully

Of what the fight?

The build up

Haye thought he would win early and set up a massive payday

Fought like a dog for the 1/2 rounds winging punches and getting caught

Started to settle into a fight behind the jab at a slower pace,took over the fight at the tail end of round 2 and was up 4-1 by round 5 and blew his knee. Bellew moved in after the injury and couldnt stop him,took a few shots and gassed himself out. Did enough to win most of the later rounds got his wind back and was able to knock a one legged man over and the corner knowing he couldnt move well enough or generate fuck all off his back foot gave up the ghost. After the knockdown there was no way he could even sneak a draw on the cards so they pulled him from the fight.

I still have it as had Haye actually starting boxing from round 1 and not had either a injury going in,or injured himself in the fight he would have got the stoppage. As soon as he started boxing his power punches were slowly starting to land and there is no way i think Bellew takes them through 12 rounds.

There was no way Haye was keeping it up past 5/6 rounds. No chance. Haye had an achilles injury but looked like he had been in the pub for 5 hours before. It switched so quick it was weird. I reckon its all a blah and hate is fine , he just knew he was past it and getting beat because he couldn't knock him out early.

He won. Give him credit. I wouldn't put it past Haye to have said look I can't do 5 rounds, I'm gonna fake an injury if I dont clean him early because I just don't have the stamina. Haye was far too congratulatory for my liking.

I give him credit because he did eventually win the fight, he could and should have been able to stop him earlier so for that reason I don't think he did enough, whether that was because he hasn't got the ability to do more or that he just couldn't because he was fucked, put it this way there's no way, like your saying that he didn't pounce on him because he seen he was injured, that he would willingly stay in the ring with David Haye who has, or used to have, devastating power for longer than needed especially with all the wild swinging he was doing, if one of them luckily caught him he'd have probably been knocked out.

The reason I think Haye was congratulatory towards him was because he was sucking up to them both because he wants or needs another payday, it's the only real money making fight he has now, he probably thought about losing before hand and decided on this tactic if he did lose. He can't fight Joshua now because he'd get his head taken off and Fury won't touch him, once Wilder stops shitting it and actually steps up will probably want a unification fight and David Haye is getting nowhere near the belts. He definitely didn't fake that injury it looked weird and awkward, you couldn't fake something like that, like someone said at first it kind of looked neurological, I don't really know what it is but it looked real bad to me.

Just too be straight, had rounds 2/3/4/5 gone the same way as round 1 i would be happy to give Bellew all the credit in the world.

Lee. This was a cruiserweight going up up to heavyweight to fight a fighter a stone and a half heavier who is renowned for being one of the most explosive P4P boxers ever and you don't credit Bellew for surviving them 4 rounds? 

I give him credit because he did eventually win the fight, he could and should have been able to stop him earlier so for that reason I don't think he did enough, whether that was because he hasn't got the ability to do more or that he just couldn't because he was fucked, put it this way there's no way, like your saying that he didn't pounce on him because he seen he was injured, that he would willingly stay in the ring with David Haye who has, or used to have, devastating power for longer than needed especially with all the wild swinging he was doing, if one of them luckily caught him he'd have probably been knocked out.

The reason I think Haye was congratulatory towards him was because he was sucking up to them both because he wants or needs another payday, it's the only real money making fight he has now, he probably thought about losing before hand and decided on this tactic if he did lose. He can't fight Joshua now because he'd get his head taken off and Fury won't touch him, once Wilder stops shitting it and actually steps up will probably want a unification fight and David Haye is getting nowhere near the belts. He definitely didn't fake that injury it looked weird and awkward, you couldn't fake something like that, like someone said at first it kind of looked neurological, I don't really know what it is but it looked real bad to me.

Maybe he didn't fake it and i hope the rematch happens. Fuck all else exciting for either. 

There was no way Haye was keeping it up past 5/6 rounds. No chance. Haye had an achilles injury but looked like he had been in the pub for 5 hours before. It switched so quick it was weird. I reckon its all a blah and hate is fine , he just knew he was past it and getting beat because he couldn't knock him out early.

The pace had slowed once he worked behind the jab,i think he could have fought at that pace all night.

We will just go round in circles here though so ill leave it there

I would not be shocked in the slightest though if this was all a fucking scam from Haye-Hearns for a rematch that can be pushed as a legit fight at Goodison. 

The pace had slowed once he worked behind the jab,i think he could have fought at that pace all night.

We will just go round in circles here though so ill leave it there

I would not be shocked in the slightest though if this was all a fucking scam from Haye-Hearns for a rematch that can be pushed as a legit fight at Goodison. 

He couldn't. he looked tired 2 days before. It was clear.  But yeah I don't wanna argue. 

Haye was gassed before he started stumbling round, if he hadn't have been fucking around on Miami beach taking selfies or sitting round on Yahts his fitness would of been better and he might not have pulled the injury.

Bellew won this fight fair and square and I can't think of any other boxers other than RJJ who've stepped up to fight a Heavyweight recently who've spent the majority of there career below Cruiser.

Same people who was calling it a horrible miss match and slating the fight are finding it difficult to give Bellew any credit, strange coincidence!

• Upvote 1