You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Zielinski only scored 5 goals in 60 odd games for empoli?

Lallana esque. Looks a similar player in fairness but a bit more direct. 9m is nothing these days.

They aren't remotely similar. Zielinski has played exclusively in central midfield at Empoli. His main job isn't to score goals. 

Is Zielinski a big lad? Can handle himself?

Not really. If anything the physical side is where he needs to improve. He's brilliant technically (first touch, dribbling, vision, two-footed) but he does tend to come off worse in 50-50s and can often draw out of challenges. I would probably liken him to Wilshere (without the injury issues) among premiership players. 

• Upvote 1

Not really. If anything the physical side is where he needs to improve. He's brilliant technically (first touch, dribbling, vision, two-footed) but he does tend to come off worse in 50-50s and can often draw out of challenges. I would probably liken him to Wilshere (without the injury issues) among premiership players.

Agreed. That is an apt comparison, actually. Imo, Zielinski's best quality is his ability to dribble through the midfield, a bit like Wilshere does.

So another wimp? Fuck that shit.

sounds like lallana. Show reel makes him very 2 footed. Didn't look like a midfielder to me, more like an AM. Looked decent though but surprised by his lack of goals.

glad we've finally found a replacement for luis Alberto, just what we need.

I've watched like 5 YouTube videos of him where they show his every single touch. I really don't get the hype. Seems to only play in one tempo, has little ability to control the game, which you wouldn't expect from a cm who's 'brilliant technically' e.g., Kroos, Verratti, Alonso, Xavi, etc.

I've watched like 5 YouTube videos of him where they show his every single touch. I really don't get the hype. Seems to only play in one tempo, has little ability to control the game, which you wouldn't expect from a cm who's 'brilliant technically' e.g., Kroos, Verratti, Alonso, Xavi, etc.

YouTube videos ?? Well, let's just not bother then.

Watch full match replays instead. Easily found on YouTube.

I'm not saying sign him (prefer Dahoud myself), I was just describing his style of play. But, he's definitely very good technically. His one touch play in particular is brilliant. As I said, he could be compared somewhat to Wilshere. Wilshere doesn't always boss games around, but no one can deny he's got excellent technique. 

I've watched like 5 YouTube videos of him where they show his every single touch. I really don't get the hype. Seems to only play in one tempo, has little ability to control the game, which you wouldn't expect from a cm who's 'brilliant technically' e.g., Kroos, Verratti, Alonso, Xavi, etc

He's 21 years old, has one full season of regular football under his belt and won't cost more than 12m. Not sure why you're expecting him to be a superstar. He has apparent technical quality, that's all people are saying.

If he could regularly control games at his age and experience level, he'd be three times more expensive and Bayern Munich, Real, Barca etc... would be interested.

He's 21 years old, has one full season of regular football under his belt and won't cost more than 12m. Not sure why you're expecting him to be a superstar. He has apparent technical quality, that's all people are saying.

It's not policy to sign experienced players with one whole season under there belt.

A couple of things worry me about Zielinski. (1) I've loads of Polish friends and have lived/spent a lot of time in Poland, but nobody ever mentioned him to me. (2) Now he's made his breakthrough, he's being kept out of the national team by a (very good) 19 year old.

A couple of things worry me about Zielinski. (1) I've loads of Polish friends and have lived/spent a lot of time in Poland, but nobody ever mentioned him to me. (2) Now he's made his breakthrough, he's being kept out of the national team by a (very good) 19 year old.

1. Plenty of English people are clueless regarding english players

2. He was most likely kept out due to a fitness problem.

1. Complete non sequitur.

2. He was kept out due to the fact that Kapustka is (already) better.

1. They don't even play the same position. 

2. My apologies, you must be a big watcher of Cracovia Krakow. I'll bow to your knowledge on this one then.