You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

19 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

The people who actually rule the UK are the same people who own the media. The UK government is the front-line manager of the business, and the moral high ground is for packaging purposes.

You're seriously trying to draw an equivalence between what the Saudi state are up to and what's going on with club funding in this country?

For your argument to work you'd have to show, firstly, that, rather than the media running the government in Britain, that it's the government running the media, because otherwise it's not the clubs promoting the governments agenda (as they are in SA), in your mind but the clubs promoting the medias interests. 

Secondly, you'd also have to show how the likes of BT have exerted any influence on government policy outside of possible lobbying for favourable laws in telecommunications.

Thirdly, you'd also have to show how the clubs funding relies entirely on the media in the same way SA clubs do on the state.

If you can answer those, we'll talk, because right now all you've got is some half-baked conspiracy theory that doesn't pass the smell test. Just saying that the media runs the British government and the media funds British clubs therefore its the same situation as the SA government funding SA clubs doesn't add up.

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:

It’s a long discussion. Not for the Jordan Henderson thread, and certainly not for someone like you who openly admits that he doesn’t give a toss about the people of the Middle East.

https://iep.utm.edu/death-penalty-capital-punishment/

Quote me where I said I don't give a toss about the people of the middle east. But I ask again are you in favour of beheading as a punishment? Yes or no

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

You're seriously trying to draw an equivalence between what the Saudi state are up to and what's going on with club funding in this country?

Yes. Seriously.

For your argument to work you'd have to show, firstly, that, rather than the media running the government in Britain, that it's the government running the media, because otherwise it's not the clubs promoting the governments agenda (as they are in SA), in your mind but the clubs promoting the medias interests. 

You don’t seem to get it. The media and the government are controlled by the people who actually run the UK.

Secondly, you'd also have to show how the likes of BT have exerted any influence on government policy outside of possible lobbying for favourable laws in telecommunications.

Thirdly, you'd also have to show how the clubs funding relies entirely on the media in the same way SA clubs do on the state.

If you can answer those, we'll talk, because right now all you've got is some half-baked conspiracy theory that doesn't pass the smell test. Just saying that the media runs the British government and the media funds British clubs therefore its the same situation as the SA government funding SA clubs doesn't add up.

See above.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Quote me where I said I don't give a toss about the people of the middle east. But I ask again are you in favour of beheading as a punishment? Yes or no

Out of pure selfish interest mainly because I amazed at the dedication, are you parsing beheading from say hanging or strapping a dude to a chair and injecting him?

Wouldn't the right question be do you believe certain offenses are punishable by death?

5 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I don't but people like you defending people like them bothers me.

That was in response to my comment that I don’t think you really give a toss about any of the issues you raised about the people of the Middle East.

I answered your question. The short version is yes and no.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Out of pure selfish interest are you parsing beheading from say hanging or strapping a dude to a chair and injecting him?

Wouldn't the right question be do you believe certain offenses are punishable by death?

Not particularly. But we can get to the others once I've had an answer to cutting peoples heads off in the street. That is a bit nasty and so far these two dickheads have said nothing to condemn it so we will see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bossy said:

I object to them beheading their citizens and legally denying sex equality and what they get up to in the Yemen along with other fucking bollocks by the deranged royal family. I also object to the aggressive capitalist agenda of the West. I think india is ruled by a cunt. I think Putin is a twat. There’s other shit I dislike about most countries. I don’t give a fuck about Saudi Arabia wasting millions on football players, plenty do that. I do mind that Henderson, a Liverpool Captain,  jumped on the lgbt bandwagon then jumped off again as soon as he had to show some real conviction. I’m pleased they took him off our books. The mugs.

Interesting comment on the Indian ruler. He seems to be well respected.