You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

pathetic criminal excuses

littletedwest

"Out of fear to pay back a drug debt" is a belter, showing the most deliberately obtuse attitude possible to the very way the whole thing works right up the chain.

"Thanks for the large quantities of drugs, mister, here's all the money up front and not just when I've sold them and separated or consumed my profit.", said no-one, ever.

"What's this, you've spunked all my drugs instead of selling them, or sold them but spunked all the money, or not sold them? Hey ho, not to worry mate, such is life.", also said no-one, ever.

Lots of people involved in low level drug dealing are caught up in drug debts. People run up debts - hence why tick lists are often found in dealing premises.

When they've got you in for a decent amount they pay you a little visit and threaten your family/kids. Want to work of that debt? Just store this package in your fridge until we come for it. Just run this package from A to B. Just go to Wigan and sell crack cocaine from out of your arse. We're setting up some cannabis tents in your back bedroom.

All very real examples of the way people get sucked in.

• Upvote 2

Lots of people involved in low level drug dealing are caught up in drug debts. People run up debts - hence why tick lists are often found in dealing premises.

When they've got you in for a decent amount they pay you a little visit and threaten your family/kids. Want to work of that debt? Just store this package in your fridge until we come for it. Just run this package from A to B. Just go to Wigan and sell crack cocaine from out of your arse. We're setting up some cannabis tents in your back bedroom.

All very real examples of the way people get sucked in.

Precisely my point mate, the entire industry (low level) runs on debt, usually short-term but circumstances and people sometimes get in the way and then someone's in a hole.  Known of people killing themselves over it.

So well aware that in some cases the "out of fear to pay back" line is true, as those in the above situation generally end up owing money to the very last sort of people you would want to owe money to.

I once read an article about some bloke who broke into a house but got caught when the owners arrived soon afterwards while he was on the throne. His reasoning when questioned was that he just wasn't allowed to shit in peace at home. That must have been funny as fuck in the interview room and the subsequent court case.

"Out of fear to pay back a drug debt" is a belter, showing the most deliberately obtuse attitude possible to the very way the whole thing works right up the chain.

"Thanks for the large quantities of drugs, mister, here's all the money up front and not just when I've sold them and separated or consumed my profit.", said no-one, ever.

"What's this, you've spunked all my drugs instead of selling them, or sold them but spunked all the money, or not sold them?  Hey ho, not to worry mate, such is life.", also said no-one, ever.

I play cricket with a young lad who got played exactly like this. He was fronted £500 worth of coke, did most of it in, gave the rest away. The dealer who gave it to him sold the debt to a real gangster who doubled the debt every week. By the time he told his parents ( he was 18) he owed £40k. Parents had to sell their house to pay it off.

I quite like it when the Echo does a piece on somebody getting caught dealing drugs and the person defending them likes to mention that he had a sick relative as though it makes a difference[/quote

Me Nan was in the ozzy an I couldn't cope so I snorted ten bags of Charlie and went into town and battered someone in a pub who was minding his own business.

• Upvote 1

Gotta be John Lowe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-29626905

A man accused of shooting dead his partner and her daughter has told a court their deaths were "a terrible accident".

John Lowe, 83, denies murdering Christine Lee, 66, and Lucy Lee, 40, at his dog breeding farm in February.

The jury heard Mr Lowe had planned to kill one of his guard dogs that "hated intensely" Lucy, who was responsible for feeding them.

He told Guildford Crown Court Christine grabbed the gun and it went off.

The jury heard that when the defendant had taken the shotgun - which he used to shoot rats - from his gun cabinet he intended to kill four dogs.

'So stupid'

He explained the dog that hated Lucy was "beautiful" and "lovely with me".

"I kept putting [killing] it off," he said. "[but] Christine said you better shoot that guard dog or it's going to kill Lucy."

Using a walking stick, Mr Lowe demonstrated how he had walked into the house in Tilford, near Farnham, Surrey, with the gun under his arm.

He said: "I've got bad arthritis. It was a ludicrous way to hold the gun. I never remember doing anything so stupid in my life."

Mr Lowe said both women "flew up to the door".

"[Lucy] was screaming in horror and the top of her voice, 'What are you doing with the gun?," he said.

"Christine said 'Give me the bloody gun', or something like that.

"The gun was facing her. She grabbed hold of the gun and held the gun.

"As soon as she grabbed it the gun went off. I couldn't believe it.

"I was thinking, 'Christ, I didn't pull the trigger'. Because she pulled the gun, it pulled my finger against the trigger."

Asked by defence barrister Ian Lawrie QC whether he intended to pull the trigger, Mr Lowe replied: "Of course not.

"She went straight down to the ground. You could see she was stone dead.

"It's the worst thing that's happened to me in my life."

Mr Lowe said he was "worried" for Lucy after he fired the weapon and as he turned towards her on the settee, the gun went off again.

"It must have been the flimsy, stupid way I was holding the gun," he said.

'Suicide attempt failed'

At that moment, he said Lucy ran into the kitchen and he thought she had not been injured.

Mr Lowe then said he reloaded the gun with the intention of shooting his dogs.

Going into the kitchen, he saw Lucy lying on a step with a coat over her, when "the bloody gun went off again", the jury was told.

"My hand must have touched the trigger and it went off," he said.

I want to see a video of his testimony. That would be one of the funniest things on the internet.