You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fortitude

Sugar Ape

Just finding it impossible to give the slightest fuck about any of the characters or who did what.

There's no chemistry between any of them and little screen presence other than Tucci, but worse for me, they've overplayed their hand with the tone.  You can't just artificially create heightened tension with a moody, foreboding soundtrack playing over every scene and little else to earn it.

If it didn't have the novelty of an amazing setting I'd not have stayed with this.  Too cold, tried too hard to drive home the theme of neutral morality so the viewer's suspicious of everyone.

I think it's okay but that frozen mammoth better have some weird, makes-people-crazy disease in it.

May well be the hook for the remainder of the series.  Hope so, as Vincent Tabak is then likely to get it from the object of his feeding.

It seems pretty obvious that ...

the kid stoved Ecclestone's head in when he bent down before him drying him off, probs because he was having some flash back to that creepy feeder / school teacher dude, giving him a gobble in the class room. Defo a black metal loving nonce that speccy cunt.

In a twattishly paradoxical fashion I'm pleased that Fortitude is proving to be a mammoth shit fest waste of money, not least because I cannot stand those fucking Sky cunts, but also because it seems to disprove Sky's money money money buys success approach.

As Dougie Doins would say, Fuck em. FUCK EM.

I liked this more for the scenery and landscape than anything else but even that is getting old now with the same shots of the same scenes.

I'll probably watch the final episode but can't say I've been blown away by this. The end of the last episode was just too bizarre and not congruent with the rest of the series. Good idea but not particularly well executed and too many flaws in the storyline for my liking.

I liked this more for the scenery and landscape than anything else but even that is getting old now with the same shots of the same scenes.

I'll probably watch the final episode but can't say I've been blown away by this. The end of the last episode was just too bizarre and not congruent with the rest of the series. Good idea but not particularly well executed and too many flaws in the storyline for my liking.

I agree. Considering the amount spent on this, the cast in it etc, this is quite a bad showing I’d say.

How many episodes are there in the series?

One tonight and the last one is next week (I think).

Honestly don't even think I can be arsed to dl the last 2 episodes. I might follow young Welshy and bin the shite off for good. Seriously one of the most tedious and overrated shows that I can ever recall.

Some called it Eldorado in the snow. Bang on.

Oh and accroding to Wikipedia there are 13 episodes, so still six fucking left. 

Part of me wants to stop now.  But I think I have come so far, I might as well finish the series.

Agree about the acting, it is dreadful.  

With the exception of Tucci and Gambon the acting is bloody awful. Even Richard Dormer is shite and he's a decent actor. 

Oh and accroding to Wikipedia there are 13 episodes, so still six fucking left. 

I disagree with you about Gambon mate, I think he's also been bloody dreadful. I think the bottles of voddy he's supposed to be knocking back might well be the real thing because he's trundles through each episode like a piss head who couldn't give a one.

And THIRTEEN episodes ?! Cheers mate but you've just made my mind up for me and put the FO into Fortitude.

Ghastly show. Bring back Sunset Beach.

• 4 weeks later...