You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

As good as your word, mate! And from someone new to Steve's story and our wish to take him on with us to support the team he loved so much. Thank you so much for moving this on for us.

Its just brilliant to see our ideas brought to life.

And are you really ok now for people to throw in their thoughts/ideas/suggestions until we get a consensus?

That's basically a designers job.

Well, if you're really ok with that let's throw it open to the floor....

Like I said, its so helpful having the ideas made up. My first thoughts are that I love the traditional banner aspects, the red and the white writing but now I'm seeing how the dimensions set up I'm less sure about the picture element. I just wonder if it'll be a bit lost on a big stage

I'd flip the banner lengthways, have FAO stevebaby across the top with the eternal flames on either side, then a white-negative version of Green Jesus like the Shanks/Bob face banner (and yes, I know that defeats the purpose of Green Jesus, but we'd know), then YNWA below that, and TLW below that.

I'd take our Kev's face off for a start. Don't need that, he wouldn't shut up about it.

Haha! Brilliant!

But you're probably right. You can't have Kev without Cev.

I like Handy's idea about making Green Jesus silhouette style

Dont be shy, the rest of you...this is a committee effort.

Sherry (melons) and I were having a natter this afternoon and we know that we'd all talked about using one of the pictures but we really liked Hand's (do you have a real name?) idea of just having perhaps a sillouhette of Green Jesus (we'd know what it meant. Not like people would know what a photo of Green Jesus represented anyway if they dont know the story) instead of an actual photo, the detail of which would probably be too hard to pick out in a stadium.

We were also thinking how we could get something on the banner that represents the GF style. Do you know what we mean?

What do people think?

Could you do something like that, Buoy, to give a comparison?

I'd flip the banner lengthways, have FAO stevebaby across the top with the eternal flames on either side, then a white-negative version of Green Jesus like the Shanks/Bob face banner (and yes, I know that defeats the purpose of Green Jesus, but we'd know), then YNWA below that, and TLW below that.

This except for Green Jesus must be green.

keep green jesus green!

This except for Green Jesus must be green.

No problem with that, but I just don't think it would work as a photo - it needs to be manipulated so it's like a black and white image like this one

Posted Image

Then the white could be changed to green...

Would probably be cheaper to print as well.

That is a possibility, but does it matter? Is the banner for other people, or is it for people on here to remember Steve?

And the truth is it does have religious connotations because it came from the hospice which does have a religious philosophy, as people will remember how we deliberated about the implications of providing him with 'obliging ladies' from the original collection

And the truth is it does have religious connotations because it came from the hospice which does have a religious philosophy, as people will remember how we deliberated about the implications of providing him with 'obliging ladies' from the original collection

I disagree tbh, but regardless, Green Jesus represents Gandy's struggle, his all too brief blog of his last few months, and our connections to Steve.

Green Jesus represents what it means to be a TLW Liverpool fan.

I would hope that the banner would intrigue people, and engage them. If Green Jesus helps us spread the word about Stevie and his life and his death and educate regarding his cancer, then to me it's mission accomplished.

Keep Green Jesus green ? Damn right, the colour green will intrigue and draw people's curiosity. A plain old white on red Jesus would be more likely to be misread (as Champ says) as having a religious purpose.

Also, purely from a design perspective, green on red will undoubtedly catch the eye far more.

Just my honest opinion.

• Upvote 3

Are you keeping up, Buoy?

So, where've we got to

* a portrait rectangular banner?

* in red?

* FAO stevebaby at the top in the same font as the forum?

* then an image of Green Jesus in green?

* with a scarf or similar draped round it?

* with YNWA below that?

* And maybe a quote from the threads that sums up Steve and our relationship with him or the irreverence of the forum in a slighter smaller print size?

Anything else?